ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   About time - Blair faces Iraq Inquiry (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/812881-about-time-blair-faces-iraq-inquiry.html)

Funkii Munkii 30 January 2010 12:16 AM

PMSL
Blair better than Thatch

Are you old enough to remember 1979 and the stte the country was left in for Thatch ? fast forward to 2010 and it's de ja vu, sadly on this ocassion there is no decent opposition to clean up this sorry mess.

Great Legacy Tone

f1_fan 30 January 2010 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii (Post 9190648)
PMSL
Blair better than Thatch

Are you old enough to remember 1979 and the stte the country was left in for Thatch ? fast forward to 2010 and it's de ja vu, sadly on this ocassion there is no decent opposition to clean up this sorry mess.

Great Legacy Tone

Yes of course I am old enough. You however seem to have the blue tinted spectacles on. As pointed out the main reason we have been hit so much harder in this WORLD receession is due to our reliance on the financial services sector for our economy - Great legacy Thatch!!!

See, it cuts both ways - both parties are useless greed driven pocket lining pigs at the trough!

Lee247 30 January 2010 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 9190647)
It's beyond you because you fail to realise that you can attack one party without supporting the other.

Where in my posts am I defending the Labour party????

I support no parties, as I think they are all a bunch of saps.
You jumped on me as I am not happy the way things are going with this bunch of arseholes in power at the mo'
I am entitled to my opinion, if you don't like it, tough :thumb:

Why bring Thatcher into the equation :thumb:

f1_fan 30 January 2010 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by Lee247 (Post 9190654)
I support no parties, as I think they are all a bunch of saps.
You jumped on me as I am not happy the way things are going with this bunch of arseholes in power at the mo'
I am entitled to my opinion, if you don't like it, tough :thumb:

Why bring Thatcher into the equation :thumb:

Because it''s my opinion that she was a worse prime minister than Tony Blair and hence I wanted to bring some balance to the thread.

I am entitled to that opinion and to post as I see fit so if you dont like it tough yourself - Christ it's like being back at school sometomes with you lot. :D

Oh and you still haven't pointed out where I am defending the Labour party so kindly do so!!

D4VEW557 30 January 2010 12:32 AM

no body on here knows the truth about Tony Blair did or didn't know. Personally iit went ok for him.

This whole country has gone politicly correctness mad.

This whole thing is a waste of tax payers money.

Funkii Munkii 30 January 2010 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 9190652)
As pointed out the main reason we have been hit so much harder in this WORLD receession is due to our reliance on the financial services sector for our economy - Great legacy Thatch!!!

See, it cuts both ways - both parties are useless greed driven pocket lining pigs at the trough!

Bullsh1t, this started way before the recession, only Gordon Brown would blame the recession for the state of the nation. If you truly believe that then the UK has been in recession since 1998

The UK has always been a leading financial sector nation, it wasn't something Thatcher created :lol1:

But I woud agree with your sentiments with regards to politicians :thumb:

Lee247 30 January 2010 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 9190660)
Because it''s my opinion that she was a worse prime minister than Tony Blair and hence I wanted to bring some balance to the thread.

I am entitled to that opinion and to post as I see fit so if you dont like it tough yourself - Christ it's like being back at school sometomes with you lot. :D

Oh and you still haven't pointed out where I am defending the Labour party so kindly do so!!

Cheerio. I am bored now and off to bed. You seem to take delight it trying to belittle people. I have no time for that. I am not interested in seaching for threads that prove you are a major supporter of Labour, You have proved that without me even bothering to look.
We are all entitled to our opinions and mine differ to yours. Oh and I liked Thatcher, I thought she was a class act. Tough one to follow, as Blair and his croneys have proved :thumb: Sweet dreams

f1_fan 30 January 2010 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Lee247 (Post 9190674)
I am not interested in seaching for threads that prove you are a major supporter of Labour, You have proved that without me even bothering to look

When you write really really stupid things like that then no wonder you get beliittled. :cuckoo:

Lee247 30 January 2010 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 9190788)
When you write really really stupid things like that then no wonder you get beliittled. :cuckoo:

:lol1:

Only by you it seems. Lets just agree to differ. :thumb:

alcazar 30 January 2010 10:43 AM

I have to agree that Thatcher STARTED the rot in this country as far as manufacturing was concerned, she seemed to have a pathological hate of the "working man". Miners, Steelworkers, Power-station workers, manufacturing, the railways, all felt her ire at one time or another.

We closed all our installations and raised them to the ground when other European countries mothballed theirs, and used grants from the EC to do it:(
We obliterated older power-stations, admittedly not super-efficient, but put not enough new ones in their place, so we now have an electricity shortfall. We "Dashed for Gas", using up what we were TOLD was 100 years North Sea Gas supplies in under 30 years.:mad:

Meanwhile, under Labour, can ANYONE tell me ANYTHING that has been done to either help manufacturing in the UK, or attract it back here?

Leslie 30 January 2010 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 9189335)
The really sad thing is despite all this he was still a better prime minister than Margaret Thatcher!

He is a skilled actor, as slippery as you can imagine, everything he did was for his own advancement, he had no interest in caring for our country, he, in cahoots with the rest of NL are a disaster as far as this country is concerned.

Les :(