ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   Forza 3 (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/795912-forza-3-a.html)

Mifo 22 October 2009 08:57 PM

Been playing this game for the last hour. Really pleased with the tracks they added.Some brilliant rally stages are now in the game and also a dragstrip!!

Cockpit view has really made it feel alot more real. Drivers AI seems to have improved making for more competitive racing.

So far it looks brilliant. :thumb:

Jamz3k 22 October 2009 09:22 PM

jesus i forgot all about this and blew all my money on a set of alloys:cry:

Any in game pics lads to tide me over till payday?

WRXewl 22 October 2009 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Neanderthal (Post 9009529)
ARGHHHHHHH it won't install the second disc!!! :mad:

edit: deleted everything F3 related and reinstalled, phew working now!

Just to let people know you must run disc one first be it from disc or hdd and it will ask you to install disc 2 this way it all installs fine, dont install disc 2 to the hdd before running the game disc 1 first :D

Milamber 23 October 2009 01:50 PM

got mine from Game this am. It comes with a code for extra tracks and cars inside, is this normal?

Iain Young 23 October 2009 02:47 PM

If you got the special edition then yes that's normal. If you pre-ordered from game (via the website) you'll be getting an email with codes to unlock a couple more cars as well...

Milamber 23 October 2009 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Iain Young (Post 9013560)
If you got the special edition then yes that's normal. If you pre-ordered from game (via the website) you'll be getting an email with codes to unlock a couple more cars as well...

Didn't pre-order and just bought the normal edition :norty:

WRXewl 23 October 2009 03:07 PM

In the pre-order one i got 2 codes and a third will be emailed to me from the place i got it from, was it just the one code you got ?

Edit: Just checked and the third code for " This alpha-numerical code will allow you to download and unlock a Custom Painted Audi R8 V10." is in my inbox :D

Iain Young 23 October 2009 03:13 PM

I got two codes in the box, and was emailed another two.

n one 23 October 2009 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Milamber (Post 9013580)
Didn't pre-order and just bought the normal edition :norty:

Mine`s just the normal edition from Tesco and there`s a code in the box too :)

Iain Young 23 October 2009 04:01 PM

Fair enough. Bet you didn't get the limited edition memory stick though :D

Neanderthal 23 October 2009 05:05 PM

Memory stick for the spox or just a USB stick?

Iain Young 23 October 2009 05:17 PM

Just a usb stick (2gb), and a keyring of course. Both in a very tasteful mock brushed metal finish :)

J4CKO 23 October 2009 08:34 PM

For the first time, Amazon have failed me, still not here.

StickyMicky 23 October 2009 09:27 PM

My local shop had sold out by the time i arrived!

Went back to Dirt2 multiplayer, and then got pissed off with the bumper car tactics that people were using.

Biggs 23 October 2009 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by J4CKO (Post 9014235)
For the first time, Amazon have failed me, still not here.

+1 I've started playing test drive unlimited again to try and pass the time.

It's not working :cry:

DYK 24 October 2009 12:48 PM

I getting mine today from argos and getting the xbox dual controler charging station for 13 quid when bought with game..Can you only get the Audi r8 custom paint code with a pre ordered game...

Ant 24 October 2009 02:32 PM

i am loving the fact there is drag strips 1/4,1/8, 1 mile.

got my 200mph acheivment with the mile run using the buggati :D

Flaps 24 October 2009 04:09 PM

When do the drag strips pop up? I've not found one yet and i'm half way through my second season?
I've also not been emailed any codes yet?

WRXewl 24 October 2009 04:12 PM

The drag strips are in the Free play not the season mode :)

DYK 24 October 2009 06:47 PM

I got it the bloody charging station is a bit pants though,i wonder if it's faulty taking ages to charge,and it's not even warm....

Neanderthal 24 October 2009 07:33 PM

I'm loving this game, if only I'd said no to the mrs nine months ago I'd be playing the game even more! :lol1:

StickyMicky 24 October 2009 07:34 PM

Got my copy and instantly sunk around 4 hours into the game LOL

Addictive :D

Promised the missus she could have the TV to watch wank-factor, so i may be back on after she falls a-peeps.

richie001 24 October 2009 07:42 PM

Got my copy today,just got one little moan i wish it was faster loading but apart from that.

Gamertag = Richie0001

Bravo2zero_sps 24 October 2009 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Mifo (Post 9012307)
...Some brilliant rally stages are now in the game and also a dragstrip!!

Rally stages??? Where are those?

Wizzbang 24 October 2009 07:58 PM

Been playing this since it arrived on Tuesday, and absolutely love it. Forza 2 has been my most played game over the last couple of years, and I think that this'll top that.

It's just like it's predecesor, but smoother, faster, prettier, and just that bit more polished.

Just done my first custom paint job

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...forza/1312.jpg

I am really loving the extra tracks and cars too, especially the rally ones.

Normski 24 October 2009 08:51 PM

I got my copy yesterday, when I pre-ordered it the release date was 30th Oct, so I was thinking I had got it a week early (not been online for a few days).
Only played it for an hour or so but it's definitely an improvement on a really good game. The cars can go on the kerbs with out being dragged off the track.

My GT => TheNorriFella

Flaps 24 October 2009 08:57 PM

How do you post pics of your in game cars on here?
I'm being forced to watch ****e Saturday tv with the wife too, she keeps flicking between 1 & 3 which makes it even worse!!!! Aaaarrrrggghhh! Hopefully will be on later.
What night's good for a SNet race sesh with you lot then?

zs_phil 24 October 2009 09:18 PM

wife and kids gone to her mothers till wednesday ,just had a kebab and chips and will be playing forza 3

what a weekend :norty:

cannot be bothered to go out and get :cuckoo: off my head rather stay in

bought fifa 10 when it came out for £24 from tesco traded it in today at gamestation and got £30 :lol1: forza cost me £7.99 today

StickyMicky 24 October 2009 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by zs_phil (Post 9016048)

bought fifa 10 when it came out for £24 from tesco traded it in today at gamestation and got £30 :lol1: forza cost me £7.99 today

I love it when you can do "deals" with trade in games :lol1:

Last month i bought Soul Calibur 4 for £9 delivered, traded it in today and got £8 back for it :lol1:

Got £25 worth of free argos vouchers from Shell V-Power club, used them to buy NFS Shift for £13 :lol1:
Mind you, NFS Shift was only worth £25 trade in today :eek: the jailbait behind the counter was telling me it has been a bit of a flop and nobody is interested in buying it, they have a bit to much stock now as they were expecting it to fly from the shelves.

Where are the rally tracks?

robby 25 October 2009 08:04 PM

I've been on forza 2 for months now so getting bored - is it worth upgrading to forza 3 or are the tracks the same?
which is the better game forza 3 or nfs shift?

going to buy 1 this week :)