ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Spoiler removed for anonymity ? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/785230-spoiler-removed-for-anonymity.html)

Mikkel 25 August 2009 05:22 PM

You can buy them from your local Subaru dealer. £100 with the brake light last time I looked.

TimH 25 August 2009 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Mikkel (Post 8902150)
You can buy them from your local Subaru dealer. £100 with the brake light last time I looked.

:thumb: thanks - I'll give them a ring :D

Spruxxx 25 August 2009 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by tim hardisty (Post 8901786)
Any idea where to get a lip spoiler from?

I'm going for the stealth look once the FMIC's fitted, so I will be after either a bootlid complete with lip spoiler, or a lip spoiler and replacement boot lid - maybe from a sport?

So, yes, my STi spoiler (obsidian black) will be for sale at some point, or available for an exchange :)

A year ago I'd have suggested a swap for my wrx one (if that was of interest to you), but now discretion is something i'm thankful for too.

more concerned about idiot boy racers than cops, and thankfully never had too much trouble with either - i'm sure an sti wing would change that pretty quick!

having said that my windscreen's been randomly smashed twice over the years and i've been held up at gunpoint by a gang of 'yoofs' for the car once (take it as read they didn't get the car or shoot me!) so an impreza will always get a certain level of attention, welcome or not :mad:

Flaps 25 August 2009 10:19 PM

I do think Imprezas can look great without a spoiler or the A-line one but they need to be too low to really drive to carry it off. I'm going the other way, I ordered an STI style one from Scoobyclinic yesterday :lol1: My WRX one will be going in the garage.

BlueBugEye 30 August 2009 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by tim hardisty (Post 8902078)
Just looked - £250 :eek:

Compare that to an Sti one at £900! Not that bad really, replica STi are around the 200 mark for a GRP one!

Prasius 30 August 2009 10:24 AM

*Personally* speaking - I think if you want a discreet fast car; you've bought the wrong thing having an Impreza.

They're meant to be completely in your face, vulgar and brash, and the de-spoilered look just looks horribly off-balance to me with the front scoop. Really not my thing I'm afraid, I'm happy to leave that look for the yanks..

Sti-Tom 30 August 2009 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Prasius (Post 8911609)
*Personally* speaking - I think if you want a discreet fast car; you've bought the wrong thing having an Impreza.

They're meant to be completely in your face, vulgar and brash, and the de-spoilered look just looks horribly off-balance to me with the front scoop. Really not my thing I'm afraid, I'm happy to leave that look for the yanks..

i agree with you why buy one in the 1st place??:wonder:

big spolier/vents/ make the car,

along with a noisy blitz:thumb:

ditchmyster 30 August 2009 02:18 PM

yep lets face it subaru's arn't the best looking cars out there by a long way,and that includes my sexy type r.
which is why i had the ironing board section of my spoiler cut off and remodeled as just a bootlip still incorporating the brake light and painted.
all for £100 which was cheaper than any aftermarket items none of which i liked anyway :)

TimH 01 September 2009 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by ditchmyster (Post 8911953)
yep lets face it subaru's arn't the best looking cars out there by a long way,and that includes my sexy type r.
which is why i had the ironing board section of my spoiler cut off and remodeled as just a bootlip still incorporating the brake light and painted.
all for £100 which was cheaper than any aftermarket items none of which i liked anyway :)

Interesting idea...could you post up a picture?

Mikkel 01 September 2009 02:03 PM

The initial appeal of the Impreza was that it was a wolf in sheep's clothing. It became the brash in your face car later in its life. Thus making the argument of "if you want a fast discreet car why by an Impreza" a bit blinkered in my opinion.

You could argue we are in fact Impreza purists ;)