ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Solders returning from Afghanistan abused... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/752219-solders-returning-from-afghanistan-abused.html)

spireite 10 March 2009 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by JonMc (Post 8568434)
And I assume by the phrase WE you are inferring that you know what is going on and have spent time out there with the troops:Suspiciou

Don't feed him , he's sat at his keyboard in his burka looking at ladyboys :thumb:

JonMc 10 March 2009 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by spireite (Post 8568498)
Don't feed him , he's sat at his keyboard in his burka looking at ladyboys :thumb:

Don't worry, he's only getting the rotten veg out of the recycle bin at the moment:)

Luke 10 March 2009 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by mylesthegreat(not!) (Post 8568462)
Forget that mate, Luke is a keyboard warrior at best. He hasnt got the minerals. And if you all think he is a member of an Al Qaeda cell, think again. They have friends.

why would you think "Everyone" thinks i am a Al Qaeda man then you need to get out more "Mate" .It sounds like you think everyone is like yourself !( you sound like the type of guy that has been calling everyone "Fella" for the last year.....).

Jye 10 March 2009 10:57 PM

Do you want freedom of speech or not? You can't bemoan the so called "erosion of civil liberties" and then complain when someone actually uses their right to protest just because you don't happen to agree with them.
Click to rate Rating 1002
- Peter Brant, Worthing, 10/3/2009 15:2>

Do you want freedom of speech or not? You can't bemoan the so called "erosion of civil liberties" and then complain when someone actually uses their right to protest just because you don't happen to agree with them" Peter Brant.

Peter Brant why don't you go back to your Guardian nursery. People with your so called "enlightened" views are what got us into this mess in the first place. Click to rate Rating 109
- Patrick, Hedge End, Hampshire, 10/3/2009 16:13
:lol1: :lol1:

Originally Posted by PeteBrant (Post 8568467)
Do you want freedom of speech or not? You can't bemoan the so called "erosion of civil liberties" and then complain when someone actually uses their right to protest just because you don't happen to agree with them.

Funny how the old favourite "I don't agree with what you say but i'll defend to the death your right to say it" only gets wheeled out for Dutch anti-islam MPs and the BNP.

'Course the troops deserve every praise - They are simply doing their job as ordered by our Government, so protesting against them is a bit silly. The protesters should be lobbying parliament not harrassing soldiers.

Yeah, we heard you the first time :D

Luke 10 March 2009 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by JonMc (Post 8568481)
Yes you are right, some of them as a result of Saddam's regime, some more historically significant such as Babylon. Other sights such as the War Memorial at Shaibah for UK forces who lost their lives during WWII serving to protect Iraq from the Nazi regime had been pushed to one side along with many other wonders and left to decay.

One day the country will secure enough for people like you to visit these wonders. This is because of the invasion and the subsequent re-building that has taken place within a unified Iraq.

your age ????

kingofturds 10 March 2009 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Luke (Post 8568517)
your age ????

:thumb:

JonMc 10 March 2009 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Luke (Post 8568517)
your age ????

:wonder:
12, does that make you happy:D

Luke 10 March 2009 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by JonMc (Post 8568541)
:wonder:
12, does that make you happy:D

I have been to Iraq many times thanks , first time was in 1992. Last time was in 2007.

JonMc 10 March 2009 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Luke (Post 8568550)
I have been to Iraq many times thanks , first time was in 1992. Last time was in 2007.

Well done, and clearly you don't believe in what you where doing then - conscientious objector???

Luke 10 March 2009 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by JonMc (Post 8568563)
Well done, and clearly you don't believe in what you where doing then - conscientious objector???

Did i say what i was doing?

Volks 10 March 2009 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by JonMc (Post 8568563)

Probably a chef, clerk or got stuck in the QM`s handing out kit to bigger boys.

JonMc 10 March 2009 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by Luke (Post 8568584)
Did i say what i was doing?

Well do enlighten us. I'd love to understand what your contribution to this rebuilding effort by the UK and US was.

Martin2005 10 March 2009 11:24 PM

Oh good, another fine excuse for a bit of SN muslim bashing, washed down with the obvious brainless use of the word 'scum' well done to the SN 'think tank'

kingofturds 10 March 2009 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Martin2005 (Post 8568609)
Oh good, another fine excuse for a bit of SN muslim bashing, washed down with the obvious brainless use of the word 'scum' well done to the SN 'think tank'

Here comes the "scum":luxhello:

One of my friends I went to school with, was laid to rest today. After dying fighting the people you protect

f1_fan 10 March 2009 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Martin2005 (Post 8568609)

Hey come on, a week on here wouldn't be the same without a thread like this and I would have bet a lot of money on the OP being the one to start it.

Seriously people, 20 or so idiots have had a pop at some of the armed forces and while I agree it is not pleasant do any of you really think the soldiers in question will give a damn after their experiences in Iraq and/or Afghanistan?

Just more media hyped nonsense really.

Martin2005 10 March 2009 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by kingofturds (Post 8568613)
Here comes the "scum":luxhello:

One of my friends I went to school with, was laid to rest today. After dying fighting the people you protect

'I protect'????????....you muppet

Luke 10 March 2009 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by JonMc (Post 8568600)
Well do enlighten us. I'd love to understand what your contribution to this rebuilding effort by the UK and US was.

when ??? As i said i have been a few times. Different reasons . And i doubt your brain could understand.

BigAl024 10 March 2009 11:42 PM

Let us all know then. Chance to clear it all up

kingofturds 10 March 2009 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by Martin2005 (Post 8568644)
'I protect'????????....you muppet

I see your violent tendencies are surfacing, reminds me of Hiters first roots....

zip106 10 March 2009 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by BigAl024 (Post 8568654)

+1

BigAl024 10 March 2009 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 8568631)
Hey come on, a week on here wouldn't be the same without a thread like this and I would have bet a lot of money on the OP being the one to start it.

Seriously people, 20 or so idiots have had a pop at some of the armed forces and while I agree it is not pleasant do any of you really think the soldiers in question will give a damn after their experiences in Iraq and/or Afghanistan?

Just more media hyped nonsense really.

Your right, but those muppets today need their necks wound in a little. Its hardly any wonder why the Braindead BNP get so much support in certain areas, with ballbags like those today turning up and trying to stir up trouble.

Martin2005 10 March 2009 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by kingofturds (Post 8568656)
I see your violent tendencies are surfacing, reminds me of Hiters first roots....

yes thats right I'm just like Adolf Hitler:rolleyes:

zip106 10 March 2009 11:49 PM

It's this that gets most peoples back up - (from the BBC)
2 people were arrested -
*The pair, thought to be members of the public watching the parade in Luton, were held for public order offences.*
When I heard this on Radio5 the reporter said it was for remonstrating with the protestors.

So, none of those with threatening placards then?
Would it have been un-PC to arrest them?

The mind boggles.

f1_fan 10 March 2009 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by BigAl024 (Post 8568660)
Your right, but those muppets today need their necks wound in a little. Its hardly any wonder why the Braindead BNP get so much support in certain areas, with ballbags like those today turning up and trying to stir up trouble.

I understand the sentiment, but the trouble is the more 'airtime' the press give to these idiots the more they will react and as you say the more support certain opposing parties will get. If the press for the most part ignored them in much the same way the soldiers probably did their 'message' would be severely diluted.

Luke 11 March 2009 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by BigAl024 (Post 8568654)

just go to Pharmacy...

abbott 11 March 2009 03:31 AM

Animals , time to get rid of the extremists preaching hate on the country they are living in ....

JonMc 11 March 2009 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by Luke (Post 8568648)
when ??? As i said i have been a few times. Different reasons . And i doubt your brain could understand.

Or is it more of a case of you are too ashamed to admit your part in all of this.

Until you share your experiences how do you know my brain won't cope.:freak3:

The Zohan 11 March 2009 09:17 AM

It seems to get said a lot but;
Our soldiers are out there on the orders and mandate of the government. They are doing what is asked of them by government.

Link to video of protests
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7935679.stm
"Royal Anglian soldiers go to hell!"

The protesters anger is misdirected and should be at government, not the soldiers!

Protesting against the soldiers homecoming and holding up banners stating 'baby-killers', etc is disgusting and disrespectful at best. I suppose it is a step forward from blowing up buses and trains in London but still wrong and wrongly directed and could only ever cause bad feelings - maybe that was the real objective.

To arrest those who where remonstrating with the anti soldier protesters was a stupid and ill thought out move. Yet more playing into the hands of the right wing and also antagonising the more moderate people by this short-sighted act!

We will see a lot more soldier returning over the next 12 months, i do hope that we do not see more of the same sorts of protests as this could lead to civil unrest on a large scale.

Any protesters (with their Anti British/soldiers convictions) need to direct their anger towards the government, end of. Maybe the UK is not the right country for them and their beliefs and anti British sentiments.

Luke 11 March 2009 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by JonMc (Post 8568924)
Or is it more of a case of you are too ashamed to admit your part in all of this.

Until you share your experiences how do you know my brain won't cope.:freak3:

Its called "Experience"

andrewdelvard 11 March 2009 09:54 AM

Video of the event LiveLeak.com - 10/03/09, Muslim protesters at Army Parade