ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   What should I have for Christmas lunch? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/727591-what-should-i-have-for-christmas-lunch.html)

EddScott 26 November 2008 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by kingofturds (Post 8300965)
Pickled onions and alcohol, ferk the rest. And make sure when the missus is lying on the sofa to let one out in her face in the evening during the eastenders special.

Spoken like a true gent! :)

We usually blag a meal from the wifes aunty but she has a new man to impress so we are cooking for the 3 of us this year.

Boxing day I have to drive to yorkshire to spend a couple of days with the inlaws - liquid breakfast, lunch and dinner is the usual fair :(

little-ginge 26 November 2008 11:41 AM

Hmm doesn't this look appetising... nut roast:freak3:

http://shelikesherfood.files.wordpre...ut-roast-5.jpg

davegtt 26 November 2008 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by pitcha44 (Post 8300712)
get yourself down to aldi 3 bird roast for a tenner :notworthy :notworthy

But they only usually have 2 female staff on in our Aldi's :wonder:

+Doc+ 26 November 2008 12:42 PM

Beef for me! Loverly.

HankScorpio 26 November 2008 12:54 PM

Nearly 92000 members and I get 26 in my poll :(

This is important stuff!!

RJM25R 26 November 2008 02:00 PM

I can't stick turkey, I much prefer a Gammon joint when I'm at home at xmas

However, this year I'll be having Chateaubriand overlooking the beach in Tenerife :thumb:

RJM25R 26 November 2008 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by little-ginge (Post 8301962)
Hmm doesn't this look appetising... nut roast:freak3:

http://shelikesherfood.files.wordpre...ut-roast-5.jpg

THAT looks like what comes out of my ar$e on Boxing day morning (After the Chateaubriand and many, many pints of San Miguel!)

Torquemada 26 November 2008 02:18 PM

Voted for pork and crackling but I'll be cooking up a couple of ducks this year, not sure how I'm gonna do each one yet, think I'll leave that to inspiratioin as there's a lot I could do with them I guess. Dammit, that's made me hungry again :)

Scoobychick 26 November 2008 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by fatherpierre (Post 8300723)
It'll be a sandwich for me!

Ditto! T'other half is also working all day so I'll be sat at home on my tod most of the day until my parents arrive late afternoon.

I might treat myself to a Haagen Dazs and chocolate lunch to compensate me in my misery :D

davegtt 26 November 2008 02:31 PM

aww poor Sal.

It'll be lonelyyyyy this Christmassss. :(

Scoobychick 26 November 2008 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by davegtt (Post 8302372)
aww poor Sal.

It'll be lonelyyyyy this Christmassss. :(

I know, poor me :cry: I'll probably be sat on here moderating or something :eek: :D

Torquemada 26 November 2008 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Scoobychick (Post 8302364)
Ditto! T'other half is also working all day so I'll be sat at home on my tod most of the day until my parents arrive late afternoon.

I might treat myself to a Haagen Dazs and chocolate lunch to compensate me in my misery :D

Yeah, I've been wondering what to do for the morning (probably will be squirming about in my bed with an awesome hangover and the alcohol sweats :lol1: ) Seeing mates in the avo/eve though. My family in England has decided to bugger off and the rest of them are in Scotland or Ireland.

It's kinda nice actually, don't have to stand on ceremony for everyone, we are gonna get wrecked! :D

Torquemada 26 November 2008 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Scoobychick (Post 8302387)
I know, poor me :cry: I'll probably be sat on here moderating or something :eek: :D

Aww, don't worry, I'll be :cry: too until I replenish my body with the required hair of dog on xmas day :lol1:

davegtt 26 November 2008 04:03 PM

Many people believe christmas is the worst time to be alone

And they laughed at me when i said Schizophrenia was a good thing I like this!

David Lock 26 November 2008 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by davegtt (Post 8302551)

But you can never be alone with Schizophrenia?

==========

Best bet would be a decent chunk of boned and rolled sirloin. Beautiful beef, easy to cook, and super cold in a French bread sandwich for days afterwards. Keeps well.

Never enough meat on a Goose. dl

davegtt 26 November 2008 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by David Lock (Post 8302589)
But you can never be alone with Schizophrenia?

Thats the point :rolleyes:

Torquemada 26 November 2008 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by davegtt (Post 8302551)

We agree with your points made :D

David Lock 26 November 2008 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by davegtt (Post 8302605)
Thats the point :rolleyes:

Sorry - only one of us got that.........:cuckoo:

GC8 26 November 2008 05:07 PM

Has anyone mentioned pigs-in-blankets?

scoobybubbles 26 November 2008 06:50 PM

If you are only cooking for two what about 2 sweet little pheasants! or i have cooked tonight duck and a lil guinea foul, i will let you know what they taste like they are resting as we speak! but from your choises id prob go for the beef , beef you cant go wrong and it taste devine cold in some super duper crusty bread! nice bit of horse radish! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm im making myself dribble! whatever u have , make sure u have at least 2 sprouts on ya plate , after all that is what has become tradition!!! lol just enjoy!!! .....

or if only 2 people ating sod it , go out and eat , i would if there were only two to feed here!!!

bubbles xx

hoskib 26 November 2008 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by GC8 (Post 8302691)
Has anyone mentioned pigs-in-blankets?

:luxhello: got 2 trays of the little fellas lined up:thumb:

voted turkey crown, but the ribs looks damn tempting:)

scoobybubbles 27 November 2008 01:23 PM

well the duck and guinea foul went down well last night! the foul was like chicken but more rich , yummy though! and the duck well if cooked by delia's method turned out pretty superb!

i still prefere beef though! as it taste so good hot or cold!

MissyV 27 November 2008 01:32 PM

This thread is making me hungry :o

Pig-in-blankets! My favourite! We only ever manage to get one tray every year though, I think it's because my mum leaves it too late & everyone's bought the shops out of stock :mad:

Voted Turkey...I'm a traditionalist...

Torquemada 27 November 2008 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by MissyV (Post 8304796)
This thread is making me hungry :o

Pig-in-blankets! My favourite! We only ever manage to get one tray every year though, I think it's because my mum leaves it too late & everyone's bought the shops out of stock :mad:

Making me hungry too! :thumb:

Pigs in blankets aren't the hardest things to make btw, not only available in the shops :lol1:
Tell your ma to pull her finger out and get in that kitchen :lol1: :p

HankScorpio 27 November 2008 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by scoobybubbles (Post 8302976)
or if only 2 people ating sod it , go out and eat ,

I know where you're coming from but going out means being surrounded by knobbers somewhere with people on double time minimum wage who are working christmas preparing and serving your food.

There will be more than a few sprouts (prepared with butter and bacon), goose fat roasties and maybe a parsnip or two.

Hour or two later will be the legendary, patented HS trifle.

A little while after that, a bucket of maltesers in front of the telly.

Torquemada 27 November 2008 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by HankScorpio (Post 8304823)
I know where you're coming from but going out means being surrounded by knobbers somewhere with people on double time minimum wage who are working christmas preparing and serving your food.

There will be more than a few sprouts (prepared with butter and bacon), goose fat roasties and maybe a parsnip or two.

Hour or two later will be the legendary, patented HS trifle.

A little while after that, a bucket of maltesers in front of the telly.

Message from my stomach "stop torturing me!!!" :lol1:
Sounds damned tasty! :)

I can certainly understand why you wouldn't want to go out and pay for the priveledge of eating turkey that has been basted in waiters urine and various other excretions for a couple of days, eeeew :lol1:

HankScorpio 27 November 2008 01:50 PM

add in an afternoon viewing of Back to the Future and and evening screening of National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and the day is complete... :D

MissyV 27 November 2008 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Torquemada (Post 8304817)
Making me hungry too! :thumb:

Pigs in blankets aren't the hardest things to make btw, not only available in the shops :lol1:
Tell your ma to pull her finger out and get in that kitchen :lol1: :p

Oh yeah! Thats true :lol1:

It's just me wanting the ones from the shops, I'm a bit spoilt like that :norty:

Torquemada 27 November 2008 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by HankScorpio (Post 8304845)
add in an afternoon viewing of Back to the Future and and evening screening of National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and the day is complete... :D

My Delorean salutes you http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g2.../IMAGE_012.jpg :thumb:

stuart n 27 November 2008 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by scoobybubbles (Post 8304777)
well the duck and guinea foul went down well last night! the foul was like chicken but more rich , yummy though!

Haven't had guinea foul for years but it is very nice :luvlove:

I voted for the Turkey crown, Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without the Turkey!
That said there seems to be an awful lot of Geese on the farm up the road, give it a couple more weeks and they'll all be gone ;)