ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   If you are partial to a drop of malt...... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/727563-if-you-are-partial-to-a-drop-of-malt.html)

dpb 25 November 2008 10:16 PM

Its the warm smooth peaty goodness as you swollow 84 of 300 :thumb:

well i certainly was with my '47 Macallan :)

Lee247 25 November 2008 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by cossie-nutter (Post 8301177)
Only Babycham if you can't handle a mans drink! :lol1: :D

Babycham, you cheeky bugger :mad:

I drink wimmins drinks like, Baileys, G&T and the odd pint of Wine :D

Lee247 25 November 2008 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 8301182)
Its the warm smooth peaty goodness as you swollow 84 of 300 :thumb:

That sounds a bit scary, I don't want to be swallowed :D

dpb 25 November 2008 10:21 PM

Im on the bnj presently :freak3:

wagrain 25 November 2008 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by sti-04!! (Post 8300409)
Glenfarclas :eek:

60% that stuff is. It blows my head off :D

Glenfarclas is the only malt I buy :thumb:

Usually have the 21yr old.

I've had a bottle of 105 (the 60% stuff) but it was a waste on me.
Went to the distillery and bought a few different bottles to try and found the 21yr old was to my liking.
Was also a fave of my dear departed dad too - we drank 2 bottles of it at his funeral!

Can't stand Dahlwhinnie (sp?) - its like drinking water through a growbag its so peaty. [shudders]

Mate of mine who doesn't drink whisky or whiskey as the smell makes hime feel sick. But he's had a few glasses of Glenfarclas at mine and he can't understand why its the only one he can drink!

wagrain 25 November 2008 10:46 PM

Oh sh!t . . . .

Just had to go pour out a glenfarclas and discovered I've only got a couple of inches of it left in the bottle. The other bottle I thought was full, is infact empty!!!!!

Its not easy round here to get it, so looks like a long drive unless I can find some online.

wagrain 25 November 2008 10:48 PM

BTW, It was more expensive to buy it from the distillery shop when I was up there than it was at the Eurotunnel.

Removed. 26 November 2008 12:19 AM

It's weird, I ended up at the Glenfarclas distillery by accident, Glen Livet was closed, so when we got to the end of the road there was a sign for 2 distilleries, one left, one right. I said to my dad, left or right, and went to the one he picked by chance, and it was miles away and turned out to be Glenfarclas. That was my first proper taste of a Scottish single malt, being Bushmills drinker at the time. It was a lucky find, and for such a small distillery it seems to get around a bit and is well known.

Coffin Dodger 26 November 2008 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by j4ckos mate (Post 8300378)
quite like talisker myself, a good malt on a freezing cold night is superb,

il ike mine with loads and loads of ice in,

the first sip blows your cobwebs away, then as they melt it becomes lovely

mmmmmmm

Another vote for Talisker. I like them with the peaty / smoky finish but find Laphroaig or Lagavulin a bit too full on (still drink them though :D).

Don't put ice in it by the way, it really kills the flavour. Just a little dash of spring water is all you need to loosen it and release the aromas :)

Scoob99 26 November 2008 12:43 PM

Just been to my Local tesco's and it is still £38:(
Cheers
Colin

David Lock 26 November 2008 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Scoob99 (Post 8302115)
Just been to my Local tesco's and it is still £38:(
Cheers
Colin

Sorry if I have been responsible for a wasted trip Colin. My info came from the old boy actually stacking the booze shelves at my local Tescos. I was collecting some Bells (for a "friend") and the guy said to come back tomorrow as the Morangie was on special offer for £16. I'll try and get down there later and see what the score is. d

wagrain 26 November 2008 02:13 PM

Tesco In-Store offers are not always national.

There are 2 stores 30 miles apart I go into and you see the difference between them. Some stock different items, have different offers etc.

Scoobychick 26 November 2008 02:30 PM

I've just been on Tesco's online delivery site and they have LOTS of good offers on a whole variety of single malts (and JD ;)) :king:

Removed. 26 November 2008 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Scoobychick (Post 8302369)
I've just been on Tesco's online delivery site and they have LOTS of good offers on a whole variety of single malts (and JD ;)) :king:

Big Tesco's van of JD on the way then?:)

Scoobychick 26 November 2008 02:41 PM

Sainsbury's are also doing similar savings on their site :king:

Scoobychick 26 November 2008 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by ChunkyDunky (Post 8302391)
Big Tesco's van of JD on the way then?:)

No :o :D

Scoob99 26 November 2008 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by David Lock (Post 8302323)
Sorry if I have been responsible for a wasted trip Colin. My info came from the old boy actually stacking the booze shelves at my local Tescos. I was collecting some Bells (for a "friend") and the guy said to come back tomorrow as the Morangie was on special offer for £16. I'll try and get down there later and see what the score is. d

No problem David, it happens, I was only gonna get one in reserve the my father in law, I will still keep an eye open though.
Cheers
Colin

David Lock 26 November 2008 04:13 PM

Just to complete the picture. I just popped into my local Tescos which is in Pulborough, West Sussex. The evil stuff is on offer at £18.49 and not £16 as some moron had reported :rolleyes: But this is for a 1 ltre bottle :thumb:

So Colin if you are down this way............

dl

Scoob99 26 November 2008 04:37 PM

Cheers David, long way too come but I will keep an eye out in my local Tesco's.
Cheers
Colin