ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Spec C owners?? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/716045-spec-c-owners.html)

STi_Si 03 October 2008 08:05 AM

Top buy mate...... Not once regretted buying mine. Have only used Litchfields/Powerstation but would recommend them.

Whereabouts in the midlands are you and I'll keep me eye out.

Simon

hoskib, mine is used quite regularly but mainly for short journeys. Lack of soundproofing is an issue on longer journeys, but still have aircon, leccy windows and mirrors etc...

MrRA 03 October 2008 11:40 AM

I've had an MY06 Spec C Type RA and now currently own an RA-R. These two versions of the Spec C are even more focused over the standard model.

Spec C as a daily driver can get a bit tedious on times I find. Yes it's a great car when the moment allows but sometimes I'm glad to get out of it. It can be a little 'in yer face' so to speak.

But that may be down to my local roads, some of which are utter ****e. Once on a dual carriageway/motorway the car rides fine, except for the obvious wind speed and tyre noise. But then again you're buying what is essentially a GrpN car so that should be expected.

All facts taken into account though I love the Spec C and what is represents. It is the closest thing to driving a rally spec car on the road. I wouldn't change mine for the world, even though as I've said I am glad to step out of it on times.

But I think you will find that after living with for a few weeks you'll see what I mean. It's all very well jumping into one and having a quick test drive blast, that's only a snapshot of the driving experience. Good luck with your car.

Pete 03 October 2008 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by STi_Si (Post 8173024)
Top buy mate...... Not once regretted buying mine. Have only used Litchfields/Powerstation but would recommend them.

Whereabouts in the midlands are you and I'll keep me eye out.

Simon

hoskib, mine is used quite regularly but mainly for short journeys. Lack of soundproofing is an issue on longer journeys, but still have aircon, leccy windows and mirrors etc...

Hi Simon,

I,m in Coventry fella...:thumb:

Paul North,

Sorry to dissapoint mate but it,s Blue with white wheels...:D

Pete 03 October 2008 12:39 PM

Few pics of it..:D

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...y/529238-2.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...y/529238-3.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...y/529238-4.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...y/529238-6.jpg

Shaun 03 October 2008 12:41 PM

Well..... it aint no Mondeo cruiser that's for sure! :D

Staffi,
Whilst the car is great out of the box, you should maybe start to think about some worth while mods..... if you want to go down that path.

Engine
Re-map
Exhaust
Uprated Actuator
3 port boost solenoid
K&N Panel Filter (don't go down the induction kit route!)

With a good map, that is good enough for 360+bhp on straight pump fuel.

Handling
Whiteline handling kit
Anti-Dive kit

To finish it off.....

AP 6 Pot Brakes (front)
AST single way adjustable suspension

If you have a spare 10 weeks, have a look at the ScoobyNet Project Spec C articles here -> https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...roduction.html

Pete 03 October 2008 12:46 PM

Shaun, i,m pondering who to map it for me, i,ve got Zen and Litchfield at the top of my list, good or bad??

banny sti 03 October 2008 12:50 PM

You could also try jolly green monster, pat or bob rawle. Awesome looking car you have there :thumb:

Banny

Pete 03 October 2008 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by banny sti (Post 8173669)
You could also try jolly green monster, pat or bob rawle. Awesome looking car you have there :thumb:

Banny

Cheers Banny, appreciate your kind words mate..

Yes Pat mapped my old RA and made a great job of it too..:thumb:

Shaun 03 October 2008 01:22 PM

Pete,
I forgot you were in Cov.... I could of took you for a spin in mine! :D

I have only ever used PowerStation (c/o Litchfield Imports) for the standard ECU and Tracktive Solutions (Richard Bulmer) for my current Hydra Unit.

I dare say that PowerStation have probably done the most work on Spec C remapping, and I never had one single problem with the mapping for my 2ltr (and as you may know, the car was not used as a Sunday driver at that level lol).

Plenty of people to choose from though and some of them are very good at what they do.

Regardless of who you choose, if you choose to complete this level of tune with the engine components I have suggested, you really need to get a mapper that can and will complete the MEGAROM EcuTek for the Spec C. Loads more features and it will ensure you get the best out of the mods / engine.

Pete 03 October 2008 01:52 PM

Shaun, great help and advice fella..:thumb:

Do Litchfield do the MEGAROM then?? think i,ll take it there if i,m honest..:D

Shaun 03 October 2008 01:56 PM

Pete,
Yes they do mate. :)

Pete 03 October 2008 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 8173817)
Pete,
Yes they do mate. :)

Just this min spoke to Iain, car will be mapped in 2weeks time..:thumb:

MrRA 03 October 2008 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by staffi (Post 8173654)
Shaun, i,m pondering who to map it for me, i,ve got Zen and Litchfield at the top of my list, good or bad??

As I'm sure you've already been told, it's actually Powerstation who do the mapping.

They've mapped my car but I'm not entirely satisfied with it to be honest. one I've finished my second of mods I'll be looking to have all it tied together by Bob Rawle. Would consider Zen if they were closer.

Pete 03 October 2008 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by MrRA (Post 8174051)
As I'm sure you've already been told, it's actually Powerstation who do the mapping.

They've mapped my car but I'm not entirely satisfied with it to be honest. one I've finished my second of mods I'll be looking to have all it tied together by Bob Rawle. Would consider Zen if they were closer.

Where does Bob do his mapping from?? does he have his own buisness etc??:confused: :confused:

What aren,t you happy with, with the current map fella??

evo north 03 October 2008 04:00 PM

pete

Originally Posted by staffi (Post 8173617)
Hi Simon,

I,m in Coventry fella...:thumb:

Paul North,

Sorry to dissapoint mate but it,s Blue with white wheels...:D

chav:lol1:

JimmyBFC 03 October 2008 04:00 PM

Only version that would prise me away from My evo back in to a scoob.

Pete 03 October 2008 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by evo north (Post 8174076)
chav:lol1:

:hjtwofing :hjtwofing :lol1: ;)

Says he with a 260....:cuckoo: ;)

hoskib 03 October 2008 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by STi_Si (Post 8173024)

cheers for the info:) sounds a bit to brutal for me TBH!:( especially going by MrRa's comments;)

thanks again guys,
Paul

evo north 03 October 2008 04:08 PM

Pete,, You no my car is an evo 9, :notworthy
Want a race my old friend, :luxhello:
Strip/sprint/rd,, :luxhello:
523bhp now mate,:norty:

MrRA 03 October 2008 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by staffi (Post 8174075)
Where does Bob do his mapping from?? does he have his own buisness etc??:confused: :confused:

What aren,t you happy with, with the current map fella??

I believe he's based out of Swindon.

BRDevelopments

Pete 03 October 2008 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by evo north (Post 8174108)
Pete,, You no my car is an evo 9, :notworthy
Want a race my old friend, :luxhello:
Strip/sprint/rd,, :luxhello:
523bhp now mate,:norty:

Yeah, i,m REALLY going to get close to you shedding 200bhp Paul...:cuckoo: :cuckoo:

I,m not fussed about bhp mate, these cars are just awesome as they are imo, just a nice map, exhaust will do me Paul..:thumb:

evo north 03 October 2008 04:19 PM

Pete, Defo need coilovers mate,
Made robs a different animal,
Trouble with the stock twin scroll turbo;s are they are all noise after 6000rpm,
Why subaru made them rev to 8200rpm is beyond me,
It was made for group n, They change gear at 5000rpm,
You will get a bigger turbo in the end mate,

Pete 03 October 2008 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by evo north (Post 8174143)
Pete, Defo need coilovers mate,
Made robs a different animal,
Trouble with the stock twin scroll turbo;s are they are all noise after 6000rpm,
Why subaru made them rev to 8200rpm is beyond me,
It was made for group n, They change gear at 5000rpm,
You will get a bigger turbo in the end mate,

Lol,

They do make a proper noise mate agree..:lol1:

I,ll enjoy it for a while Paul before i start modding it...HE SAYS....:lol1:

Any good events/meets left this year??

scoobytyson 03 October 2008 07:28 PM

Staffi

If u are ever at one of the meets i will take u for a spin in mine mate, its got sparco front seats with harness, no rear seats, RCM "Team Ice" exhaust (108 db@4k revs) and a 50 shot of Nos for good measure, get your ear plugs ready :lol1:

JimmyBFC 03 October 2008 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by scoobytyson (Post 8174542)
If u are ever at one of the meets i will take u for a spin in mine mate, its got sparco front seats with harness, no rear seats, RCM "Team Ice" exhaust (108 db@4k revs) and a 50 shot of Nos for good measure, get your ear plugs ready :lol1:

It was the loudest around Harewood back in August when I went to watch, and I thought they didn't sound as loud with equal length headers...:eek::lol1:

evo north 03 October 2008 08:07 PM

Scoobytysons car on the rollers this week was not real,
You had to put yours fingers in your ears, Its so loud

scoobytyson 03 October 2008 08:08 PM

Jim

The sound is wicked between 6k revs to 8k revs :thumb: , you gonna be joining us next year in the msa sprints then mate?

JimmyBFC 03 October 2008 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by scoobytyson (Post 8174659)
The sound is wicked between 6k revs to 8k revs :thumb: , you gonna be joining us next year in the msa sprints then mate?

Will probably do a good few MLR ones to wet mi feet Rob, Im planning on a run around car so I can properly lighten the Evo, but im only running at 410/390 so unless I find out im the new Knoxville :Whatever_ lol...it'll be a learning curve for me :thumb:

But as long as I enjoy myself and get better over time :luxhello:

All this talk gets me thinking about going back to a scoob...re; spec c :D

bluenose172 03 October 2008 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by MrRA (Post 8174051)

What did the turbo flow to then, how much peak and how much did it hold to the red line? I've heard second hand that a mapped VF42 didn't respond as expected after a remap.

Pete 03 October 2008 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by scoobytyson (Post 8174542)

Rob,

Any videos of yours mate???