ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Indicators ? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/708837-indicators.html)

Kieran_Burns 31 August 2008 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by hoskib (Post 8100715)
not entirely relevant to the numpties that just don't bother using an indicator, but does anyone find it easier when the indicator stalk is on the right? :wonder: apart from on motorways most of my overtaking doesn't come with an indication as my left hand is too busy changing down;)

mirror... signal... manoeuvre... ;)

Bubba po 31 August 2008 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Saxo Boy (Post 8100667)
The terminology in this thread is all wrong. You are referring to a now redundant part of motor vehicles that was known as indicators.

Just as an aside to this observation of changing meanings for indicator lights; exactly when did the meaning of an Amber traffic signal change from "STOP" to "DEPRESS ACCELERATOR PEDAL"? :confused:

hoskib 31 August 2008 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Kieran_Burns (Post 8100827)
mirror... signal... manoeuvre... ;)

glance.........pull out..............boot it........ laugh at slow cars..............give finger to saxo boy in his chaved up piece of 5hit................:D

bish667 31 August 2008 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by hoskib (Post 8100870)
glance.........pull out..............boot it........ laugh at slow cars..............give finger to saxo boy in his chaved up piece of 5hit................:D

:lol:

LG John 31 August 2008 03:27 PM

glance.........pull out..............boot it........ laugh at slow cars..............give finger to saxo boy in his chaved up piece of 5hit................
Huh? I don't have a chaved up anything! I have a puma and a 1.something fiesta with bashes and rust :confused:

hoskib 31 August 2008 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Saxo Boy (Post 8100913)
Huh? I don't have a chaved up anything! I have a puma and a 1.something fiesta with bashes and rust :confused:

sorry mate, for those fine pices of automotive shat i find a wanker signal works best.

;)

LG John 31 August 2008 07:04 PM

LOL, there was a time where 99.99% of all vehicles on the road couldn't "boot it" past me and that time will come again soon.

hoskib 31 August 2008 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Saxo Boy (Post 8101215)
LOL, there was a time where 99.99% of all vehicles on the road couldn't "boot it" past me and that time will come again soon.

you having a good run of the cards?

everyone comes back eventually;)

LG John 31 August 2008 07:09 PM

No, just working a lot harder now that my wedding, etc is out of the way.

hoskib 31 August 2008 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Saxo Boy (Post 8101224)
No, just working a lot harder now that my wedding, etc is out of the way.

cool, hope i've never sworn at you flying past:thumb: ;)

Jamz3k 01 September 2008 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian (Post 8100674)
How come you can only do 50mph on the motorway?

Have the laws passed since i passed back in March 06? I was stright on the motorway in my scoob burning around at around 70...

Not sure about the mainland but in Northern Ireland Restricted drivers can only do 45mph on the motorway. It is absolutely **** although the police tend to turn a blind eye if you are doing around 60mph.

The only way i can get to work is by motorway so it can be very dodgy at times with limited driving experience. Ie today i had to drive 45miles to get to work all motorway miles. I even had the misfortune of a nice big lorry trying to steal my wing mirror, luckily he didn't get away with it and let it hanging by the electrical cord to scrape and dent the side of my car:thumb: :(