ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Brown....Absolute hipacrite (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/685649-brown-absolute-hipacrite.html)

chocolate_o_brian 04 May 2008 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Klaatu (Post 7851807)
Well said!

agreed:thumb: :thumb:

f1_fan 04 May 2008 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by robby (Post 7852234)
Wasn't it labour that joined us into the EU

Snigger :Whatever_

DYK 04 May 2008 08:42 PM

Wasn't it labour that joined us into the EU which is costing us millions (including all this compensation to criminals due to human rights), and wasn't it labour that joined us in the iraq war which is costing billions?

correct me if im wrong but,i think we are still or have just paid America off from the Second world war also..Im not blaming anyone for that btw.just thought id throw that one in..

MJW 04 May 2008 11:12 PM

and wasn't it labour that joined us in the iraq war which is costing billions? who was it that had the millenium dome built which is still costing millions?

It was John Major, the conservative prime minister who came up with the idea for the dome. And both the invasion of Afghanistan and Iraq were backed 100% by the Tories until it started to go *really* pear-shaped ...

c_maguire 04 May 2008 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by MJW (Post 7852824)
It was John Major, the conservative prime minister who came up with the idea for the dome. And both the invasion of Afghanistan and Iraq were backed 100% by the Tories until it started to go *really* pear-shaped ...

Yep, the Dome was a Conservative idea, but when it came to committing to the project they were no longer in power. Nobody forced Labour to spend the money so I imagine they must have thought it was a good idea at the time.
The war in Iraq is a completely different animal. The Conservatives did indeed vote with Labour in favour of military action. Their supporting vote was made on the basis of information supplied to them by the Labour party (WMD's, 45 mins etc) which has since been shown to be inaccurate. Whether that inaccuracy was a result of incompetence and/or dishonesty doesn't change the fact that the Conservatives, along with the general public, were misled by this Government. A Government who had almost certainly already made the decision and merely needed a mandate for their 'crusade' against evil.
Kevin

Underworld 05 May 2008 12:30 AM

He shows that he can do anything with his prime minister post, increase road tax, fuel etc... bt maybe he forgot who MADE him a prime minister!!!! THats the beginning ..... of his end..........

y does the govt need billions???? to pay for anyone without shelter to stay in the country???? or to bomb other countries and leave people without shelter???

Martin2005 05 May 2008 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by c_maguire (Post 7852871)
Yep, the Dome was a Conservative idea, but when it came to committing to the project they were no longer in power. Nobody forced Labour to spend the money so I imagine they must have thought it was a good idea at the time.
The war in Iraq is a completely different animal. The Conservatives did indeed vote with Labour in favour of military action. Their supporting vote was made on the basis of information supplied to them by the Labour party (WMD's, 45 mins etc) which has since been shown to be inaccurate. Whether that inaccuracy was a result of incompetence and/or dishonesty doesn't change the fact that the Conservatives, along with the general public, were misled by this Government. A Government who had almost certainly already made the decision and merely needed a mandate for their 'crusade' against evil.
Kevin

Nice piece of revisionism there fella.

There is absolutely no way that the Tory's would have split from the US over Iraq had they been in power, NO WAY, and to even suggest it shows a complete lack of understanding

c_maguire 05 May 2008 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by Martin2005 (Post 7852912)
Nice piece of revisionism there fella.

There is absolutely no way that the Tory's would have split from the US over Iraq had they been in power, NO WAY, and to even suggest it shows a complete lack of understanding

You are so quick to defend any sleight against 'Yo! Blair' and his posse that I wonder if you might be on the payroll.
The Tories were not in power so what they may or may not have done is irrelevant, and your assertion is nothing more than a personal opinion anyway.
Kevin