ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Suspension (https://www.scoobynet.com/suspension-12/)
-   -   LEDA - Fitted today (https://www.scoobynet.com/suspension-12/68496-leda-fitted-today.html)

Phil 02 February 2002 11:33 PM

Congrats Dave

So will there be any mods ?

Phil

Dave T-S 02 February 2002 11:35 PM

Phil

Of course not!:eek:

Well, maybe some exhaust bits...and......:D:D

Phil 02 February 2002 11:43 PM

LOL

I bet Pete was getting a bit worried then you know that offshore account IS his pension fund and you are the main contributor

Phil;)

Dave T-S 02 February 2002 11:56 PM

:D:D

Pete's not cut the bit of elastic yet:D - boing! - we'll be back:o

Knowlesy 03 February 2002 07:32 AM

Dave have a look at Litchfields web page, they are already modding!!!

Dave T-S 03 February 2002 08:53 AM

Knowlesy
Funny you should say that, I was only looking the other day......:D

tubs 03 February 2002 09:49 AM

QUESTION: I HAVE LEDA B FITTED WITH 18" TR MOTORSPORTS WHEELS AND P7000 TYRES - JUST HOW SMOOTH OR HARSH SHOULD THE RIDE BE? IF ONLY THE NEARSIDE OR ONLY THE OFFSIDE WHEELS GO OVER A BUMP, THE SUSPENSION HANDLES IT WELL. HOWEVER IF ALL FOUR GO OVER A DECENT SIZED BUMP IN THE ROAD SURFACE IT SEEMS AS THOUGH THERE IS A SPRING BOARD EFFECT. THE REAR SEEMS TO BE EXCESSIVELY THROWN UP. GRANTED I STILL NEED TO PLAY AROUND WITH THE DAMPER SETTINGS BUT IS THIS NORMAL. THE P7000'S ARE VERY LOW PROFILE AND I WONDER IF IT IS THAT. IN ANY EVENT I AM GOING DOWN TO A HIGHER PROFILE 17" COMPOMOTIVE MO WHEEL WITH A HIGHER PROFILE.
I HAVE PUT OFF INSTALLING WHITELINE ANTI LIFT BUSHINGS AND UPPER STRUT MOUNTS DUE TO THE ADDED HARSHNESS ASSOCIATED WITH THESE ITEMS.
CORNERING IS GREAT WITH THE LEDA AND THE CAR CANNOT BE BEAT THROUGH CORNERS BUT A SMOOTHER RIDE WOULD BE NICE - I KNOW YOU CANT HAVE THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS BUT ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED

Phil 03 February 2002 10:59 AM

No need to shout Tubs

CAPS LOCK OFF

Phil ;)

nigelward 03 February 2002 11:10 AM

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh a car that is underpriced, keep it to yourself and don't sell Subaru.

Scoobychick 03 February 2002 11:46 AM

Dave & Carolyn - you little pair of tinkers you ;) :D

Well done on the new purchases, I'm not in any way jealous at all :p :p :p ;) :D

Sal

Knowlesy 03 February 2002 06:12 PM

Tubs you a mate of Crockett? (Miami Vice)

Tubs today went over a sleeping policeman & got the springboard effect, went back & did t again & got the same result 3rd time went under 5mph & nothing - all OK, so with Leda does depend what speed you hit them

if i go over sleeping policemen with off side wheels only I can hit them at 30 mph & no differece, bumping etc ried it at 15mph with all wheels & ouch though I'd crunched everything...

So don't worry!! My wheels at front can get 2 fingers between wheel arch & tyre ( Ihave thin fingers!!!) & less than 1 at the back.....

Knowlesy 03 February 2002 06:15 PM

Sal took Herts Phil for a ride today, what a nice bloke can't wait to meet all you lot!!!

Tubs my settings are 5 &5 (f/r) though some people run 6/4, tried running at 24/24, but even Michael schumacher said it was too firm (only ran for 5 minutes it almost shook me to death)

Though 5/5 generally for fast road, may need to notch it up for track days....

tubs 04 February 2002 07:33 AM

What size wheels are you running. My clearances are the same in the back but in the front its one finger between wheel arch and tyre. Has anyone else adjusted camber/toe etc along with LEDA coilovers. Along with much better cornering/less body roll, you do have to drive 'smoother' as I would describe the handling as precise and deliberate. But should you find the car a little 'skittish' under heavy braking ? Thanks for the info ......

philwaring 04 February 2002 11:30 AM

Knowlesy - good to meet you and the missus yesterday! The car is spot-on mate, the ride and handling are great - the Leda suspension seems well worth the money as does the PPP! :D:D

We'll have to meet up some time soon for a bevvie or two and drag Chris and Sal out as well .... I'll give you a tinkle in the week.

Cheers
Phil

>> Is that your mobile # I have??

Scoobychick 04 February 2002 11:47 AM

Ooh drinkies - kewl :cool: :D

Knowlesy 04 February 2002 05:36 PM

Phil likewise......

Tubs I'm running 18" OZ wheels 225/40/18 & 33 psi f/r

Toe in 3/4 inch passenger side & 1 inch drivers side, front & back.

Braking on mine is more responsive therefore I feel more through the steering, where as before it was vague. Though have broke from 100 several times & it is me getting used to the car

Braking from 30 using my favourite lamp post as a marker, I'm stooping excatly where I was before Leda, though it feels harsher, harder & more involving...

Though I have noticed pot holes make for an awful clattering so I'm back to my bike days of missing any manholes, gutters, groupies!!!

Knowlesy 04 February 2002 05:39 PM

Sal I'm on for a drink!!!

Tubs, yes you do have to drive smoother as all actions are acentuated with Leda........Though that's how i like it, fast, firm & smooth......

It is more involved but ultimately more rewarding, especially when you go through roundabouts, without braking & get the line right....Only when safe to do so!!!

tubs 05 February 2002 01:34 AM

Thanks for the info...I hope to get a slightly better ride by changing wheels/tyres soon. How are Compomotive MO wheels thought of? I'll be sticking with Pirelli P7000's.
I agree with driving with a more precise style - which is fine for me.
I'm still playing around with the settings on the suspension and look forward to getting it sorted out. Thanks again.

Knowlesy 07 February 2002 09:14 AM

Just lowered the back again, by 3/8ths of an inch & it seems to make no difference at all..........

Goldfinger 08 February 2002 03:08 PM

Knowlesy - let me know when you are next around and we'll meet up for that bevvie with Chris/Sal ....

Any more mods to the car?

Cheers
Phil

Knowlesy 09 February 2002 10:10 AM

Phil, around next weekend though know you are away, will probably be 2 weeks after that. But I'm up for a local pint perhaps round your way which is picture postcard stuff.

We could always meet up in the evening

Goldfinger 09 February 2002 03:35 PM

Knowlesy - sounds good to me. I'll give you a dog and bone in the week ...

Have a good one http://www.plauder-smilies.de/coollook.gif
Phil

Knowlesy 09 February 2002 06:15 PM

Great Phil, see you soon

mega_stream 10 February 2002 07:17 PM

Have you got any pics of your car? I wanna see what a 50mm drop looks like :eek:

What was the drop from standard when you had them fitted?

Cheers

John

Knowlesy 11 February 2002 06:34 PM

I will post picture & can send e mail though my standard height appeared to be much greater than everyone else's. Though looking to get batteries for camera tomorrow & will e mail u pics!! Front & Rear!!!

G00n3r 16 February 2002 04:51 PM

C'mon Knows, I got Ledas going on my motor on wednesday and I wanna see the difference :)

Knowlesy 18 February 2002 02:57 PM

Got the batteries now, just claeaning the car, but although it shows much lower it won't show you how she rides,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,beautiful I love it hard, firm & fast!!

G00n3r 18 February 2002 05:28 PM

/me waits................. :p

Knowlesy 19 February 2002 01:50 PM

Black tyes & body merge into one so getting some dust sheets to put in between wheels so people can see the space should be done or tomorrow!

Phil 19 February 2002 06:59 PM

That should be fun

You are a Tart

Look forward to seeing you on Thursday

Phil