ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   GT5 Prologue - A game that make you extremely angry (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/679125-gt5-prologue-a-game-that-make-you-extremely-angry.html)

tantetruus 07 April 2008 02:24 PM

agree totally with any angry user

Its not so much a question of "learning to" as suggested somewhere else in this item;
i finished all levels so thats not it.
What is;
-you get bashed of the track by some brainless child SO YOU GET PENALTIES FOR CUTTING OFF?
-you spinn off the track
(again by one of those bc) and do they get penalty?
Nope, YOU GET ONE FOR HITTING SOMEONE which you dont, you get hit by someone who cant avoid you after the forementioned bc action.
- the same brainless f... pushes you in the barrier and fo course: YOU GET PENALTY SECONDS FOR HITTING THE G.D.MM..D BARRIER!
It go's on and on, dont get me wrong, i love the game, it looks great and in this high definition, you are able to play ONLINE; who would have thought this possible, a year or two ago,
BUT SONY; FORGET THOSE RULES, IT PISSES ANYBODY OFF!!!

Higgs555 07 April 2008 02:41 PM

is any body else havein trouble with the cars twichin realy badly when racein online espwhen u start racein faster cars. i see a video on you tube that they was havein this trouble in japan when it came out over there hoped sony would have sorted it out by now

maybe its just me and my connection but ive played other race games online before and had no problems with them

ScooByer Trade 07 April 2008 07:52 PM

I had an update 2.17 and is supposed to stop the online erraticness, i'm guessing it was terrible the first time around. Who here got that update ?.

rik1471 07 April 2008 10:19 PM

Does anyone have a contact email for Polyphony Digital? I, for the life of me, can't find one.

bob269 08 April 2008 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by rik1471 (Post 7792731)
Does anyone have a contact email for Polyphony Digital? I, for the life of me, can't find one.

They've gone in to hiding :D

ScooByer Trade 08 April 2008 02:14 AM

Here is their website, but no email address for some silly reason ポリフォニー・デジタル

drb5 08 April 2008 07:19 AM

Yep the game "pi55ed" me off..........so much in fact, i sold it on.

I am a true GT fan, but 5 has been a complete letdown. I don't want to slipstream and i don't want to be penalised for other players movements.

I seriously hope, the main game (when it's eventually released) isn't like this.

rik1471 08 April 2008 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by bob269 (Post 7793127)
They've gone in to hiding :D

Looks like you're right :)

Tobisausage 08 April 2008 04:30 PM

Well on the whole I am glad it is not just me who felt this way. I tried playing it again at the weekend but started going into rage mode. Is there anyway I can unlock everything (a save cheat or something?) I would like to try out all the cars but I really really cannot be arsed to put any more of my time into the game.

chrisowe 08 April 2008 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Tobisausage (Post 7794375)
Well on the whole I am glad it is not just me who felt this way. I tried playing it again at the weekend but started going into rage mode. Is there anyway I can unlock everything (a save cheat or something?) I would like to try out all the cars but I really really cannot be arsed to put any more of my time into the game.

Yes I believe you can download a 'save' and then transfer it to your console, not sure from where though.

Ghetto Dude3 08 April 2008 07:43 PM

so all the chaps who were raving about how it was going to slaughter forza 2 (FWIW i found forza 2 OK but not amazing) and every other game under the sun ;)

how are you finding the GT5 demo? :D

out of my few mates who have a ps3, only 1 person is raving about it, everybody else thinks its a bit poor, maybe the future collision damage update will sort a lot of other stuff out?

Awesomepossum 08 April 2008 11:08 PM

Few of my mates mhave traded in thier 360's for a shiny new PS3 purely for Prologue.

I am coming last in races but i dont give a damn as i am have a great time trying to drift cars, sometimes i even beat the "Dodgem" drivers whilst drifting

Happy so far apart from the Private lobbies bit, hopefully they will sort it soon along with a couple of more tracks. Top Gear Track would go down a treat IMHO

3 thumbs up from me

STi wanna Subaru 08 April 2008 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Awesomepossum (Post 7795531)
Few of my mates mhave traded in thier 360's for a shiny new PS3 purely for Prologue.

I am coming last in races but i dont give a damn as i am have a great time trying to drift cars, sometimes i even beat the "Dodgem" drivers whilst drifting

Happy so far apart from the Private lobbies bit, hopefully they will sort it soon along with a couple of more tracks. Top Gear Track would go down a treat IMHO

3 thumbs up from me

No beef but I find this strange. You're enjoying drifting in online races and coming last.. why not just play the CPU game? If this was anything other than GT I cant believe you'd be bigging it up so much with these glaring faults or as it seems reading.

PeteBrant 09 April 2008 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by Ghetto Dude3 (Post 7794846)
so all the chaps who were raving about how it was going to slaughter forza 2 (FWIW i found forza 2 OK but not amazing) and every other game under the sun ;)

how are you finding the GT5 demo? :D

It's comparing a full game with a demo. So in terms of content and the online experience, of course Forza 2 is far the beter game.

In terms of the actual driving mechanics and graphical attribute - GT5 Prologue absolutely trounces Forza.

You need to have a wheel to get the most out of it - But that applies to any sim racer.

Jamz3k 09 April 2008 09:55 AM

played it yesterday at a friends house, graphically it totally blows forza out of the water! but unfortunately i found actually driving the cars boring as **** and it just didn't feel realistic as Forza those. Infact it felt a bit like driving on ICE!

Iain Young 09 April 2008 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by PeteBrant (Post 7795852)
It's comparing a full game with a demo. So in terms of content and the online experience, of course Forza 2 is far the beter game.

Online in GT5 is unusable.

In terms of the actual driving mechanics and graphical attribute - GT5 Prologue absolutely trounces Forza.
Graphically it is generally superior to Forza (although I've seen a few weird glitches, and sometimes the cars look as though they are floating above the track). I would expect this however given how small the game is in comparison, and how much longer it's been in development.

Personally I think the driving mechanics in Forza2 are a lot better, but I think this area is pretty subjective. If you think about it logically, it's simply not possible to get an accurate driving experience using a joypad or even a wheel. It just creates an illusion that in reality is not really anything like driving a car.

You need to have a wheel to get the most out of it - But that applies to any sim racer.
Given the terrible AI, pinball racing, and ludicrous penalty system in GT5, I'd call it more an arcade racer than a sim racer.

messiah 09 April 2008 10:37 AM

I've suffered little problems online with GT5, but no doubt some features and improvements will be made in due course. We have to remember with regards to online that Sony are still playing catchup to Live.

I also think the controller is the big deciding factor, the Sixaxis just doesnt give the feedback that you get from the 360 controller, hopefully the DualShock3 will go someway towards this too.

Also rememebr the cars being used - People have unlocked Enzo's & Koenigsegg's in Forza 2 age's ago, whereas many of us in GT5P are still on with Golf GTI's (making money is a PITA), so that sense of speed isnt as great.

As for the penalities? Well, personally I think its an improvement from F2's damage model which is equally unfair, only you have to put with a slow car for 8 secs rather than the rest of the race...

Iain Young 09 April 2008 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by messiah (Post 7796101)
I've suffered little problems online with GT5

I've not managed a single game yet that hasn't either quit half way through, or has terrible lag. Given up on the online side now.

hopefully the DualShock3 will go someway towards this too.
From what I've heard, it's pretty much the same, just with rumble.

so that sense of speed isnt as great.
Not worried about the sense of speed. More the way the car feels.

As for the penalities? Well, personally I think its an improvement from F2's damage model which is equally unfair, only you have to put with a slow car for 8 secs rather than the rest of the race...
So, when a car rams into the back of you because it is out of control, sends you spinning off, and you get the penalty you think it's an improvement?

Not really had any problems with online racing or damage in Forza2 (especially when you choose who you race with - something that's not possible currently in GT5).

I simply don't like pinball racing :(

PeteBrant 09 April 2008 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Iain Young (Post 7796237)
So, when a car rams into the back of you because it is out of control, sends you spinning off, and you get the penalty you think it's an improvement?

That's exactly what happens in Forza 2 though.

If you are driving in Forza 2 and you get hit from behind, you incuur a time penatly. If you go spinning off, you incuur a bigger time penalty.

If think the DS3 vs SixAxis is bit of a red herring - like you said its the same but with rumble.

Play it with a wheel and enjoy the best car physics out there. It's miles ahead of anything else out there.

Doesn't make Forza a bad game by any means.

STi wanna Subaru 09 April 2008 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by PeteBrant (Post 7796266)
That's exactly what happens in Forza 2 though.

If you are driving in Forza 2 and you get hit from behind, you incuur a time penatly. If you go spinning off, you incuur a bigger time penalty.

If think the DS3 vs SixAxis is bit of a red herring - like you said its the same but with rumble.

Play it with a wheel and enjoy the best car physics out there. It's miles ahead of anything else out there.

Doesn't make Forza a bad game by any means.

but the guy ramming you invariably is also screwed so unless you want to ruin your own race people try and drive with some degree of preservation about their car.

messiah 09 April 2008 11:52 AM

Completely agree that a lot of it comes down to who you're playing with, I'm in a clan and tend to game with the same group of guys on a regular basis and its all very friendly, but Forza 2 really strained the friendliness of it, there was always accidents due to different skill levels, and some people going in strop if damage was switched off and others if it was on - a no win situation really and just triggered a lot of bad feeling - which was the main reason I got rid of it.

I enjoyed Forza 2, but it was more trouble than it was worth in the end. I also remember absolutely dispising the demo of it, but the full game was totally different. I admit the GT5P hasn't exactly rocked my world but I'd still choose it over F2 anyday.

The penalty allocation system is poor, but if it only last for 8 secs rather than a few laps then its the lesser of 2 evils.

PeteBrant 09 April 2008 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru (Post 7796273)
but the guy ramming you invariably is also screwed so unless you want to ruin your own race people try and drive with some degree of preservation about their car.

Only if damage is turned on - And in Forza that is not necessairly the case. And you don't have to Ram someone hard ot ge tthem out of your way even if damage is turned on.

GT5 is no different to any other online racer - If you get a decent of group of people that want to race, its great. If you get a group of tossers its not.

Forza is exactly the same.

The difference is with Forza is that you can shoose who you race.

scoobyboy 09 April 2008 12:58 PM

the online bit is ok for me no slowing down or hang ups just some of the other cars seem to move a bit erratically and there is always someone who thinks the only way to win is to fish tail every one that does spoil it a bit but even my 4 yr old can do a race he deosn't win but he doesn't come last either! i wonder what they would say if you sent them a message saying they had been beaten by a 4 yr old!!!

Geezer 09 April 2008 01:03 PM

I was looking at GT5 running in Virgin (or whatever it's called now) at lunchtime, and I have to say I was not impressed with how it looked. I didn't get a chance to play as some daft Yorkshire bint was hogging it, but from a visual perspective, it didn't do anything for me. Very clear graphics, but totally unrealistic.

All IMHO of course ;)

Geezer

Ghetto Dude3 09 April 2008 02:20 PM

the only decent races i had on forza were the scoobynet ones to be honest, and even then we had a little bit of rubbing ;)

but rubbing is good :D

it was all laughed off anyway in the heat of the moment :D

PeteBrant 09 April 2008 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Ghetto Dude3 (Post 7796623)
the only decent races i had on forza were the scoobynet ones to be honest, and even then we had a little bit of rubbing ;)

but rubbing is good :D

it was all laughed off anyway in the heat of the moment :D

I think you can tell when someone is racing genuinely and when they are being a ****. You don't the odd knock here and there so long as it is obviously that the person is just racing, and not trying to knock you off the track.

Neanderthal 09 April 2008 02:58 PM

Those Forza 2 Scoobynet races were great fun. Shame we didn't keep them going or at least have a few races on the new circuits (Forza 2's weakness was the severe lack of tracks :( )

Awesomepossum 09 April 2008 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru (Post 7795563)
No beef but I find this strange. You're enjoying drifting in online races and coming last.. why not just play the CPU game? If this was anything other than GT I cant believe you'd be bigging it up so much with these glaring faults or as it seems reading.

The old proverb springs to mind, Its not the winning its the taking part that counts.

The main ones that are complaining are the ones using the joystick to steer, now if i had to control my 555 with a joypad then i would reckon my car would handle like poo as well. I think you can pick up a used DFP for about 40 - 50 quid and a G25 for about 120, not bad money for the entertainment gained i reckon

Had some really close battles for the lower positions in similar spec cars.

Sometimes i can still win with lower powered cars and showboat at the same time, just depends what kind of racer i have been lumped in with.

More tracks is all i am after along with private lobbies.

Drb5, you possibly regreting selling the Driving Force Pro

N3 series of tyres all the way

Iain Young 09 April 2008 10:00 PM

I've got a DFP, and have tried using it with GT5, but can't get the console to recognise it :(

Awesomepossum 09 April 2008 10:26 PM

My DFP does its normal start up routine when the machine starts.

Does it work with F1?