ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Is it to early to purpose to her ? help me (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/671893-is-it-to-early-to-purpose-to-her-help-me.html)

scooby2! 04 March 2008 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04 (Post 7705224)
PMSL

So delicately put! :thumb:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

jimmyv 04 March 2008 09:53 AM

my tuppence worth

I would said yes its too early for several of the aforementioned reasons such as, you need to ask the pearls of wisdom that is scoobynet, if you knew it was right you wouldnt need to ask.
Maybe im jaded as my last relationship was for 3 years, we were looking at buying a house and setting up our futures together, only for her to break it off as she decided shes off to australia (women, go figure :brickwall ). Its a risk but then again everything in life is, personally i would say hold off for a bit until you know 100% and you dont need to ask on a forum. If she loves you that much im sure she'll understand.
All the best though :thumb:

RussBoy 04 March 2008 10:06 AM

I was with my ex girlfriend for 7 years. Never got engaged. Then I met my now wife and we were engaged inside 6 months and married 9 months after that. That was 6 years ago and I consider my wife my best friend as well (plus we've done more in 6 years than anyone else I know inside a lifetime together). You do just seem to know when the time is right but my old Grandad told me when I was a tiny youngster never to marry until '30'. I heeded that advice and think it was sound...have some fun in your 20's, with or without your Mrs and then settle down into married life when a bit older as I reckon you'll regret missing out on some of the best years of your life one day.

P.S Pics would deffo help sway any decision though ;)

Leslie 04 March 2008 12:07 PM

Only you can make that decision-right or wrong!

Les

PeteBrant 04 March 2008 12:14 PM

Live with her first.

Yo might think that the sun shines out of someones arse, but until you live with them for a while you don't really know them. Could be that after 6 months you can't stand the sight of her and vice versa.

STi wanna Subaru 04 March 2008 12:15 PM

If you have to ask on a car forum full of IT geeks who only tend to see women in 2D then I'd say it's not a good sign ;)

[Davey] 04 March 2008 12:15 PM

Dont scare her off by being to keen!

OllyK 04 March 2008 01:06 PM

Get youself off to Thailand or Amsterdam for a couple of weeks an nail as much poontang as you can get your hands on. If after 2 weeks you had a crap time, then you're ready to give it all up and get married.

ETA: find out how many kids she wants as that's how many times you'll get your leg over one she's got you up the isle ;)

fitzscoob 04 March 2008 01:35 PM

What food puts women off sex...

Wedding Cake.

Best of luck, have fun.

Hoppy 04 March 2008 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by PeteBrant (Post 7705510)
Live with her first.

Yo might think that the sun shines out of someones arse, but until you live with them for a while you don't really know them. Could be that after 6 months you can't stand the sight of her and vice versa.

Good advice. But don't buy a house together unless you are 100%. You can walk out of a relationship relatively easily, and with little stigma these days, but walking out of a jointly owned house would be a nightmare.

Richard.

PS Engaged after six weeks, married in eight months, 25th anniversary coming up :)

sti-04!! 04 March 2008 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru (Post 7705513)
If you have to ask on a car forum full of IT geeks who only tend to see women in 2D then I'd say it's not a good sign ;)

:thumb:

zs_phil 06 March 2008 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by stilover (Post 7704586)
Pillow talk. How do you think your wife afforded those new shoes. :D

just lately she has lots of new shoes :wonder: :lol:

cookstar 06 March 2008 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by fitzscoob (Post 7705715)

Wedding Cake.

Best of luck, have fun.

:lol1:

ScoobyWon't 06 March 2008 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru (Post 7705513)

What's a woman?

;)

JTaylor 06 March 2008 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by vallumlj (Post 7704172)
she is perfect in everyone

:Suspiciou

MrsB 06 March 2008 10:45 PM

From a wimmin's point of view...

...I got engaged after two months, married in under a year and am very, very happy (and so is he, he tells me ;-)) But I am older than you and learned a lot of life skills from being single. By all means get engaged, plan a future, but before you tie the knot why not live together first and see how it goes? I don't regret any of the time I spent as a single person, it taught me a lot and gave me skills that I have really needed in life. 24 is very young still. And you say yourself that you think it's maybe too soon....so it is, surely? Are you worried that if you don't get engaged, she'll leave you? After five months? If so, what does that say about the relationship?
Still, you probably shouldn't listen to me 'cos I clearly didn't take my own advice and it was the best thing I ever did!

jods 07 March 2008 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by fitzscoob (Post 7705715)

Wedding Cake.

Best of luck, have fun.

Why does every Bride smile when walking down the aisle?

Cos she knows she has no more blow jobs to give.

fitzscoob 07 March 2008 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by jods (Post 7712459)
Why does every Bride smile when walking down the aisle?

Cos she knows she has no more blow jobs to give.

Scientists have found that many women develop DYSONS disease after a few years of marriage....

They make a continuous whining noise and dont suck anymore.

fatscoobfella1 07 March 2008 08:06 AM

Live with her 1st....

She may never wash your clobber,leave stuff everywhere,never clean the gaff,ask you to wait hand and foot on her..

The sex may dry up and she may leave you brown fish presents in the pan every morning..

Any one of the above could get on your tits,but if she does them all,your love could dampen rather quickly..

wilffive 07 March 2008 08:13 AM

You are still in the honeymoon period - where the fun and novelty in getting to know each othe and holidays etc have insulated you against the realities and trials and tribulations of day to day life.

I would suggest you give it a couple of years move in together and live together before proposing. By taking your time with proposing and getting married not only will you both feel much more sure about it when you do but it will give your relationship a new energy and goal to focus on a few years down the line when it might otherwise go a bit stale. You will also be able to take more time planning the whole thing and will doubtless both get much more out of the experience.

I hope if works out for you.

scoobyfirst 09 March 2008 04:42 PM

ladies point of view.....
you are def. still in honeymoon period, god wouldn't it be great if it stayed like that & it might.
It's 1 of those do you dont you situations and you will have plenty of them, but trust your gut instinct in hindsight i wish i'd have trusted mine.
You know what you want deep down, just don't rush into anything
Good Luck

WRX_Dazza 09 March 2008 04:48 PM

nail as much poontang as you can get your hands on
quality bit of advice here!!! :)

Green Classic 98 09 March 2008 04:57 PM

Ask her if she sees the next step after getting married as having kids, if she does - do you want them too? Great if you do, but if you don't then how will it work? You need to determine if you both want the same things in life looking forward (at roughly the same time!).

Green Classic 98 09 March 2008 05:11 PM

P.S. Pics really would help, its easier to renew your love and forgive those anoying little foibles if she is a beautiful woman. (Though it has to be said that as you get older pretty much all 24 year old women look beautiful... :)