ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Marrying Your Cousin ? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/667171-marrying-your-cousin.html)

WRX_Dazza 14 February 2008 06:03 PM

my cousin is a moose, so there is no chance of that ever happening!!! ;)

J4CKO 14 February 2008 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by WRX_Dazza (Post 7653663)
my cousin is a moose, so there is no chance of that ever happening!!! ;)

Let me guess, but you sister is a minter ?

Suresh 14 February 2008 10:23 PM

of Asian persuasian

BBC NEWS | UK | Birth defects warning sparks row

"the marriages, which are legal in the UK, were a cultural, not a religious, issue and confined mainly to families originating in rural Pakistan"

BBC NEWS | Programmes | Newsnight | The risks of cousin marriage

"It is estimated that at least 55% of British Pakistanis are married to first cousins "

This is getting up my nose now :mad:, so excuses for the rant -

Guys, you don't say "Emergency Services" when you mean the Police as in "those Emergency Service gits gave me a fine for my loud exhaust", so why use the term "Asians" when you mean something more specific?? :confused:

Maybe I'm just being over-sensitive in my old age :o

J4CKO 14 February 2008 10:31 PM

Maybe you are, I don't want Pakistani people being offended so I chose to offend a whole continent instead :D

Suresh 14 February 2008 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by J4CKO (Post 7654604)
Maybe you are, I don't want Pakistani people being offended so I chose to offend a whole continent instead :D

:lol1:

Tip: Stay away from your local Indian and Chinese until the fuss dies down. That special sauce is homemade you know!

AsifScoob 14 February 2008 11:22 PM

This is definitely an issue within some parts of the Pakistani/Muslim population in this country.

Not a practice I approve of and thank God not something anyone in my immediate family have engaged in.

Should be discussed, awareness should be raised, and the practice hopefully discouraged.

It's not limited to the Pakistani/Muslim community of course, but the stats show a significant enough problem within that part of the population.

Worth pointing out of course that a disproportionate number of the Pakistani/Muslim community in this country are from the same rural/peasant background (a fact before anyone gets offended and one I can't be bothered to explain right now).

Some of the reasons for this are cultural and from the perceived need to maintain a 'pure caste' bloodline, which if anything is anti-islamic (for those of you who love to discuss these things).

Hope this clears the matter up for you J4CKO?

Asif

freedomfighter 15 February 2008 02:20 AM

hi jacko hows u mate

mate in islamic law u r allowed tae marry cousins but its not forced upon, most marriages via cousins r mainly cultural or specially in villages where people dont want the wealth of the family going oot and coz of some family issues and and alot of the poor families specially they cant afford massive weddings so they get cousins married tae each other and the marriages aint too expensive either

jews r also allowed tae marry each other also ancient greece woz the same and in the bible cousins marry each other as well, its not a new thing its ancient

i married oot of the family , thank God lol, i agree wae my bros asif whit he says and also i can vouch for health probs my big sister married my cousin and their kids kinda suffer thalissimia as well.

hope that helps

cheers

also in the uk bud among the white people it is commong a person shags his or her cousin and then regrets , if they wanted they can really marry coz its a bible law as well but they choose not tae coz of the uk culture law, im all for marriage outside the family , thats why i did it.

cheers

by the way its me moses i woz banned unjustly, infractions r taking the mickey now

any just mods here plz reverse my moses ban

cheers

Dream Weaver 15 February 2008 10:30 AM

Moses, you were banned because nobody can understand your Scottish posts ;) :D

j4ckos mate 15 February 2008 12:13 PM

You shouldnt be marrying your cousin no matter who you are or what load of crap you believe to be true

The Zohan 15 February 2008 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by freedomfighter (Post 7654865)
hi jacko hows u mate

mate in islamic law u r allowed tae marry cousins but its not forced upon, most marriages via cousins r mainly cultural or specially in villages where people dont want the wealth of the family going oot and coz of some family issues and and alot of the poor families specially they cant afford massive weddings so they get cousins married tae each other and the marriages aint too expensive either

cheers

:)Hi Moses,

Thanks for that, fill in a few gaps as to why it is done!

J4CKO 15 February 2008 12:42 PM

Cheers lads, its nice to get a reasoned debate and it seems that on the whole its not a beneficial practice, hopefully education and good sense will prevail and save all these poor kids suffering disabilities. I reckon we could persuade a few off marrying within the family by creating a Pakistani version of Jeremy Kyle and do a "So I married my Cousin feature". I can see where it comes from in the culture but hopefully its one bit that can be consigned to history, the Burkha thing doesnt really harm anyone but this has a direct affect on health.

The only slightly disturbing fact its that the Express actually printed something that is based in fact rather than their typical anti everyone who isnt white and middle class stance, even if it sounded a bit like that.

Nice to hear from you again Moses, hows the 1000 bhp, is it fitted to a car yet ?

andythejock01wrx 15 February 2008 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by freedomfighter (Post 7654865)
hi jacko hows u mate

jews r also allowed tae marry each other also ancient greece woz the same and in the bible cousins marry each other as well, its not a new thing its ancient

i married oot of the family , thank God lol, i agree wae my bros asif whit he says and also i can vouch for health probs my big sister married my cousin and their kids kinda suffer thalissimia as well.

hope that helps

cheers

also in the uk bud among the white people it is commong a person shags his or her cousin and then regrets , if they wanted they can really marry coz its a bible law as well but they choose not tae coz of the uk culture law, im all for marriage outside the family , thats why i did it.

cheers

by the way its me moses i woz banned unjustly, infractions r taking the mickey now

any just mods here plz reverse my moses ban

cheers

Yes Mo, we guessed. :D

Welcome back by the way. ;)

AndytJ

Lum 15 February 2008 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by J4CKO (Post 7655913)
The only slightly disturbing fact its that the Express actually printed something that is based in fact rather than their typical anti everyone who isnt white and middle class stance, even if it sounded a bit like that.

What's so odd about that? If some facts come along that support your stance then of course you run with them, if some facts come along that disprove your stance, you ignore them and print something else. Just like the government have been doing for years.

Edit: Also LOL how this page's ads are showing a dating site full of asians.

j4ckos mate 15 February 2008 07:03 PM

dead right lum white opinion to be silenced at all costs

J4CKO 15 February 2008 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Lum (Post 7657204)

Edit: Also LOL how this page's ads are showing a dating site full of asians.

"Call Date Asia on 0800 696969, meet that special someone, make that call now, you wont regret it there are blood relatives in your area waiting to here from YOU "