ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Need to lose 2 stone (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/651835-need-to-lose-2-stone.html)

BOB.T 05 December 2007 10:24 AM

I used to really love full fat milk, I'd have had green top unpasteurised if I could've still got it! Then Sal made me change to semi :cry: We get Cravendale now and it's actually quite nice! :)

Bob (getting in his neck about his weight again!)

RoShamBo 05 December 2007 10:53 AM

I have lost 2 stone a couple of times in the last few years:

Atkins - dont try this - rapid weight loss but screws your insides up.
Reduced calories, cut out snacks, crisps & sweets and every night I used the exercise bike. If I was watching TV, I would ride the bike through the show - or play the Playstation while doing it - really takes the boredom out of doing it. The weight dropped off.

Leslie 05 December 2007 11:16 AM

There really is no magic bullet NotRev. My doctor when asked how to lose weight when he diplomatically mentioned that I was a bit "big" :) said that I should not eat so much food! That simple.

I have just lost over a stone by eating less. Had to be a bit iron willed to do it. Obviously picking the less fattening food helps but I think it is not so much what but more how much you eat as long as it is all done with a bit of common sense.

Les

The Chief 05 December 2007 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru (Post 7461196)
You're on a loser already with that crap attitude. make sure you do an hour a day of some form of exercise be it CV or weights based. Easy to do. Cut of watching **** Tv for an hour.

As for the diet I'd cut out bread as much as you can. full of carbs you don't need in an office job.

breakfast... scrabbled eggs with plum toms or small tin of beans.

lunch. cook stuff on a night to bring in. chicken with some rice. get rid of the sarnies. eating crisps is just being fat. no need for any snack sort of food.

evening meal. ditch the take aways and get cooking a decent meal with fish or chicken and veg.

You're fat because you're lazy in your approach to food and exercise. It's about changing your mentality to it. Once you do and see some results you will gain massive motivation from it and wonder why you were how you are now.

Some good points there, the main thing is mentatility and motivation, the first couple of weeks is the hardest then once you see results that alone will motivate you, dont get me wrong you can have the odd bad thing - especially if your not that overweight, if you want a pizza on a saturday night or a curry go for it, just dont eat crap morning, noon and night. i.e. dont have a whopping brekkie with half a loaf on a Sunday morning, a sunday
pub lunch then a curry at night - thats asking for trouble.

andythejock01wrx 05 December 2007 12:29 PM

Ok : gym twice a week, 5k runs. Then I cycle in the local hills for an hour at the weekend.

I eat what I fancy, but have made a (slight) effort to cut down on mid week drinking. 6'2" and just under 14 stone.

Am doing my best to stop snacking on fun sized mars bars after 10pm !! :D

STi wanna Subaru 05 December 2007 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by andythejock01wrx (Post 7461523)

Am doing my best to stop snacking on fun sized mars bars after 10pm !! :D

Just stop deep fat frying them should help as well :thumb:

andythejock01wrx 05 December 2007 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru (Post 7461572)
Just stop deep fat frying them should help as well :thumb:

Nah mate, that's only Weegies. ;)

exvaux 05 December 2007 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by andythejock01wrx (Post 7462518)
Nah mate, that's only Weegies. ;)

heart disease capital of europe,and folk wonder why ;) if you want excersise,hand cut 18 full size golf greens,our green staff are fitter than most of the gym staff :lol1:

andythejock01wrx 05 December 2007 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by exvaux (Post 7462581)
heart disease capital of europe,and folk wonder why ;) if you want excersise,hand cut 18 full size golf greens,our green staff are fitter than most of the gym staff :lol1:

Uphill gardeners ? :D

Chip Sencurry 05 December 2007 09:44 PM

Marmite miners

jods 05 December 2007 10:01 PM

I know how the OP can lose 45lbs of useless fat in one easy way.

Cut his head off.

:))