ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Soting out these overpaid footballers (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/649424-soting-out-these-overpaid-footballers.html)

STi wanna Subaru 25 November 2007 11:39 PM

Not at all. With regards to the 'bate' comment it is due to you being the first to reply to my post. A recent study has shown that the first individual to reply to a post on an internet message board when somebody has stated the comment as 'FACT' to be a person of limited intelligence who is often found to like dressing up in women's clothes and masturbating while listening to Cliff Richard. I'm guessing Summer Holiday is your favourite track?

NACRO 25 November 2007 11:43 PM

The word 'Bate' doesn't exist in the context you've used and when somebody says 'FACT' it's usually a cue to launch into a denial of it in principle.

I prefer 'Saviour's Day' for it's sincerity and meaning.

Leslie 26 November 2007 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by warrenm2 (Post 7434569)
Then they get dropped and dont earn very much anymore. Hey, the system works!

Not that many seem to get dropped except to to the subs bench, and they just continue to get paid obscene money by their clubs of course! Filched off the fans naturally.

Les

Bakerman 26 November 2007 01:27 PM

If others can get paid millions be they footballers/EU politicians/businessmen/city traders best of luck to them. Dont be jealous just find something you are good at and make your own money.

warrenm2 26 November 2007 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 7438851)
Filched off the fans naturally.
Les

WTF! People are pointing a gun at their head and saying give me the money? Or fans have a choice of watching their team or not and paying the rate the club charges or not.

Get real. You're advocating a system of Government interferring (and f*cking up) into all walks of life and a totalitarian state. You really ought to accept that giving people freedom of choice in what they do with their lives no matter what you think of their actions (assuming its legal) is true freedom. How about if someone compained about you using the internet - a profligate waste of electrons and should be banned! How would you like your freedom restricted. How about moving to Cuba - you'd like it there

Maz 26 November 2007 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by warrenm2 (Post 7440253)
WTF! People are pointing a gun at their head and saying give me the money? Or fans have a choice of watching their team or not and paying the rate the club charges or not.

Get real. You're advocating a system of Government interferring (and f*cking up) into all walks of life and a totalitarian state. You really ought to accept that giving people freedom of choice in what they do with their lives no matter what you think of their actions (assuming its legal) is true freedom. How about if someone compained about you using the internet - a profligate waste of electrons and should be banned! How would you like your freedom restricted. How about moving to Cuba - you'd like it there

Why are you so besotted with Cuba?:wonder:

warrenm2 27 November 2007 03:02 PM

home of the true communist

Maz 27 November 2007 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by warrenm2 (Post 7441941)
home of the true communist

I fail to see the parallel. Infact your response to other posters views has been very extreme suggesting you have a problem with other people's opinions. Also I fail to see anyone suggesting Government involvement 'in all walks of life':confused: People are are entitled to express their opinions (as you are) without being told to go to Cuba just because YOU disagree with them. I think you're the one who is advocating censure and attempting to curtail free speech.

warrenm2 27 November 2007 10:07 PM

just pointing out the logical extension of their arguements. If they want to have an oppresive totalitarian state and think its a great idea, just pointing out where they can achieve that

Leslie 28 November 2007 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by warrenm2 (Post 7440253)

What on earth are you babbling on about? Kindly show me where I am advocating any control by the government over footballer's pay. And where I have suggested any form of overcontrol by the authorities over our personal freedoms. I value the freedom to say that I think footballers are paid obscenely high salaries for very little return-especially when it comes to the England team which we saw play Croatia the other night.

You should make sure you know what you are talking about before shooting your mouth off and wasting all those electrons that you are so concerned about!

Les

Funkii Munkii 28 November 2007 03:39 PM

Ironically Cubans probably have a better health service than we do.