ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Never going to the cinema again (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/622953-never-going-to-the-cinema-again.html)

Fuzz 23 July 2007 12:58 AM

Just popping in to say Transformers was excellent. :thumb:
Good mix of comedy that you expect for movie based on a cartoon aimed at the kids and great effects. :eek:

The only downside was the cinema was brimmed and I had to sit in the second row so the action scenes were a bit WTF is goin on (moving too quick)

Nowt wrong with KFC either, a bit of thigh, a couple of legs and once you've nibbled that, a greasy box you can put your bone in.... Perhaps I'm thinking of something else :wonder: :D

Andy

Neilg7777 23 July 2007 01:39 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :luxhello: :luxhello: :luxhello: :luxhello:

Drunken Bungle Whore 23 July 2007 08:55 AM

If you want to escape the cost of refreshments at the cinema go to a supermaket beforehand. Last time we went I concealed a large bag of toffee popcorn and a bottle of drink large enough for the 2 of us in my handbag. Could easily of gotten a couple of beers in there - who the hell is going to see once the show starts?

Have to agree that it's over priced and the other people in there chatting away are very annoying - but there are some films that can only be done justice on the big screen. Take Star Wars for example - great on DVD - but seeing at the cinema was awesome! :thumb:

wrx-kris 23 July 2007 09:07 AM

I've only actually been to the cinema twice, to see saw 2 and 3.

Never liked the idea one bit, we only went to keep the missus happy :lol1:
the sound was good (ish) but the picture quality was appalling IMO
(and no, I dont have HD plasma £5k tv's at home)

My heart stopped when I got 2 drinks and the missus got a pick 'n' mix :eek:

HOW MUCH!!!??? :freak3:

PeteBrant 23 July 2007 09:11 AM

When the Kids an I go to the cinema, we always get a pick'n'mix bag from woolworths, and maybe a drink.
We never ever buy refreshments from the cinema; you might as well go to the first person you meet and say "Hey, help yourself to the contents of my wallet, and while you're at it, could you **** me up the arse? Cheers."

wrx-kris 23 July 2007 09:13 AM

:lol1:

Kit B 23 July 2007 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by PeteBrant (Post 7130041)
When the Kids an I go to the cinema, we always get a pick'n'mix bag from woolworths, and maybe a drink.
We never ever buy refreshments from the cinema; you might as well go to the first person you meet and say "Hey, help yourself to the contents of my wallet, and while you're at it, could you **** me up the arse? Cheers."

Spot on mate :luxhello: :luxhello:

TonyG 23 July 2007 09:30 AM

Usually go to the cinema most weeks these days. Have one of those card thingys fo rthe local Cineworld - £10.99 per month, and you can go as many times as you like. Worked out that last year I saw 19 films for free. This year will pretty much be the same I think.

Leslie 23 July 2007 01:36 PM

We both went to the cinema in Torquay to see the first Harry Potter film. It was also very expensive and it was so loud that it was almost impossible to stand. I went and complained about the noise and they said it was for the enjoyment of the children! Must have been seriously ruining their hearing.

We have not been since.

Les

StickyMicky 23 July 2007 02:23 PM

we normaly go to the "Frankie & Bennys" next door to our local Odean beforehand, the plus points are that you can get fueled/tanked up, so the crap seats inside the flix dont hurt so much :D

but as said above, i much prefer watching a good dvd at home on the plasma nowadays :D

Infractme! 23 July 2007 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by kingofturds (Post 7129576)
: to top it off harry potter was crap:mad:

You find that surprising? You went to watch a heavily derivative movie made for children.

While we're on the subject you've just given me an idea for a thread.

Nat 23 July 2007 03:01 PM

Or just pay £10.99 per month for a ticket that lets you see as many films as you want whenever you want?