ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Attacked by another Subaru Driver (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/618322-attacked-by-another-subaru-driver.html)

Bladeboy 03 July 2007 09:44 PM

How about this stuff, could be handy if someone puts your drivers window though, and unlike pepper spray is apparently legal in UK.

eBay.co.uk: Dyewitness - Self Defence Security Spray (item 150137524472 end time 09-Jul-07 20:51:50 BST)

Marx Mcrae 03 July 2007 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by The Rig (Post 7076415)
:)

only the ones under 21 ha ha ha

Not everyone that ages acts like a tw@t you know!! In this situation the age of the people hasnt been said, so for all you know they could be in there 50's!

swampster 03 July 2007 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Dazza01
And this means what ? that every classic driver, carries a crow bar ?

Originally Posted by Marx Mcrae
Yeah what is that supposed to mean??

Erm, I might be completely wrong here... but I think it might have been a witticism, you know a joke.. :thumb:

Dazza01 03 July 2007 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by swampster (Post 7076446)
Erm, I might be completely wrong here... but I think it might have been a witticism, you know a joke.. :thumb:

Wrong place for a joke taking into account the seriousness of what happened IMO

fbladerrv900 03 July 2007 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Merv (Post 7076363)

Spot on dude, im gonna get one of these,
Theres some crazy twats out there:mad:

swampster 03 July 2007 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Dazza01 (Post 7076461)
Wrong place for a joke taking into account the seriousness of what happened IMO

It's called lightening the mood.. or making light of a bad situation, it's good for the blood pressure! :D

Pauline Fowler 03 July 2007 09:55 PM

The country's gone to the dogs man..:razz:

Fookin mad Asians trying to blow us all up in airports, The weather totally given up us and now your can't drive down the shops without some mad bast**d trying to take your head off with a crow bar.

I hate the UK..:(

Marx Mcrae 03 July 2007 10:01 PM

Bloody good job they werent both there at the same time so they had a chance to box you in

The Dogs B******s 03 July 2007 10:02 PM

Bring back hanging,that will sort out all the scum

Pauline Fowler 03 July 2007 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by The Dogs Bollocks (Post 7076513)
Bring back hanging,that will sort out all the scum

HERE HERE . .:thumb:

swampster 03 July 2007 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Marx Mcrae (Post 7076505)
Bloody good job they werent both there at the same time so they had a chance to box you in

I think in that situation you've really got to kiss goodbye to your car's looks and use it as a weapon, ramming the bejesus out of the attackers and/or running anybody outside the cars over!

Marx Mcrae 03 July 2007 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by swampster (Post 7076536)
I think in that situation you've really got to kiss goodbye to your car's looks and use it as a weapon, ramming the bejesus out of the attackers and/or running anybody outside the cars over!

Still dont think I'd give them my keys!! would you??

Guthrie14 03 July 2007 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Merv (Post 7076363)

Thats wickid i like it :D

Robin Mullan 03 July 2007 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Bladeboy (Post 7076438)
How about this stuff, could be handy if someone puts your drivers window though, and unlike pepper spray is apparently legal in UK.

eBay.co.uk: Dyewitness - Self Defence Security Spray (item 150137524472 end time 09-Jul-07 20:51:50 BST)

Yea good idea, sorry to hear about your *****y experience mate, glad your ok though.

swampster 03 July 2007 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Marx Mcrae (Post 7076581)
Still dont think I'd give them my keys!! would you??

Well after you've rammed the crap out of their cars, and got blood all over yours from running a few of them over.. they probably wouldn't want them! :D

renno rannes 03 July 2007 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Dazza01 (Post 7076405)
Glad to hear your ok mate, i would have run the bloke over tbh.

Yeah me to, wouldent be taking any chances just straight through them, even though you would damage your car it would have been well worth it.

automodellistagt 03 July 2007 10:45 PM

i would have liked to have said i would have run the ******* over but tbh i probably would have shat myself and done nothing.

ive been followed before by some guy i overtook, he was doing 30 in a 60 so i overtook, as i went to overtake he put his foot down and didnt back of, so thought to myself that i had to get away. Felt very panicked cos it was on the same bif of road where a friend of mine overtook, only for the guy to smash into him 5 minutes later at some traffic lights.....

scary bananas though, sod going to glasgow

sandyRS16i 03 July 2007 10:58 PM

crazy goings on, glad you got away ok and they never got hold of you, these folks seem to be intent on getting the car regardless so who knows how far they would have gone. I used to live in ggow for 7 years and regularly went out that way to visit a mate who stayed near there....all sounds like i have moved at the right time tho

sti-04!! 03 July 2007 11:03 PM

Sorry to hear that. First time i have heard of it happening on the east side of Glasgow, i know there was a spate of it happening in Paisley last year but the muppets got caught.
Parkhead is after all the home of the gods. :thumb:

jjones 03 July 2007 11:08 PM

don't try to defend yourself with weapons, these scum are thugs and attack in numbers (2 cars). run the ****ers over but dont try to take them in a "fair" fight.

guess this is the next step from breaking into houses and threatening people for the keys, maybe the charges for car jacking are less than aggravated burglary so they are willing to take the risk of car jacking. no dna evidence either i guess after they burn your car out, not like them trudging through your house.

GazTheHat 03 July 2007 11:09 PM

That IS bad! You did the right thing there, definitely.

They obviously wanted the car, for robbery or whatever. Definite attempted car-jacking.

I'll pretend i didn't see that it was in Glasgow. :mad:

Supaglass film would be on my shopping list if i were you. Only £10 per window.

noobyscooby 03 July 2007 11:13 PM

It is very easy to be brave on a website, but I can tell you that when you are standing in the street in your underpants at 3 am in the morning thinking you are taking on one would-be car thief and suddenly realising that you did not see his 3 mates when you looked out of the bedroom window, it is very hard not to poop your pants. Thankfully my two sons appeared behind me carrying two huge CO2 extinguishers and the thieves cleared off. If someone really wants your motor, is it worth your life or serious injury? No, of course not. And your kids and family would not thank you saving the car, but dying in the process. And nor is it worth ending up in clink: there is a standard fixed penalty of 5 years for carrying a firearm, real or fake, and threatening or using it in a public place. No, just step out, give them the keys, and call the police first, Tracker second, your insurers third and the local taxi company fourth.

v5 man 03 July 2007 11:18 PM

Real sorry to read this, its almost enough to make you want to give up performance cars full stop :( What if it had been a female Impreza driver or someone less calm in a situation?! :(

I echo the sentiments about running the cnut over, I like to think i`d have done that, but in the heat of the moment.......would you?! Not sure, I think I might have just got out of there sharpish in the same way :(

andythejock01wrx 03 July 2007 11:21 PM

Bloody shocking. Pigging untermensch ! :mad:

Glad you're ok bud.

Prasius 03 July 2007 11:33 PM

Glad your okay mate.

To be honest, you did exactly the right thing.

I would suggest to anyone that, in this type of situation, you STAY IN THE CAR, and do your best to get away. You are in a mobile lump of metal that offers you protection and a form of escape. The worst thing you could possibly do is stop and get out of the car. Try and keep calm, manouver, and get away as quickly and safely (for you and innocent bystanders) as you possibly can.

This is also a good reminder why you should leave good distance between yourself and the car in front - especially when you pull up at lights, roundabouts and the like. It gives you valuable space should you need to react and get away from a situation were you can be boxed in.

Most know basically what I do, which probably qualifies me as having more training than many for these type of situations. Don't try be a hero, because worse case is you'll end up dead, best case is you'll end up in ICU.

WRX300MAN 04 July 2007 12:04 AM

Very vibrant city on the Clyde!

Glasgow Survival

:thumb:

If you go to the gallery section, could you identify the assailants????

COLZO 04 July 2007 12:12 AM

Read about this on Scottish Scoobies, shocking news. :(

Scoobyspanners 04 July 2007 06:42 AM

Any nut job that try's to jack me will get run down, and then backed over, I am not joking.Glad to hear you got away from them.......... :)

DCI Gene Hunt 04 July 2007 07:10 AM

These threads always make me chuckle.... they soon develop into an Scoobynet "Call to ARMS...." with "I'm tooling up.." & "I'm buying a spud gun..." ;)

Truth is if you want my car..... take it.... I ain't going to fight some tooled up (and probably drugged up) scrotes over it :lol1: ...... I'll just buy another one with the insurance payout :thumb:

chocolate_o_brian 04 July 2007 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by noobyscooby (Post 7076838)
It is very easy to be brave on a website, but I can tell you that when you are standing in the street in your underpants at 3 am in the morning thinking you are taking on one would-be car thief and suddenly realising that you did not see his 3 mates when you looked out of the bedroom window, it is very hard not to poop your pants. Thankfully my two sons appeared behind me carrying two huge CO2 extinguishers and the thieves cleared off. If someone really wants your motor, is it worth your life or serious injury? No, of course not. And your kids and family would not thank you saving the car, but dying in the process. And nor is it worth ending up in clink: there is a standard fixed penalty of 5 years for carrying a firearm, real or fake, and threatening or using it in a public place. No, just step out, give them the keys, and call the police first, Tracker second, your insurers third and the local taxi company fourth.

all good and well, but if the hijackers get an easy ride, and people just roll over, this sort of thing will increase, as the criminals will see it as an easy target.

needs to be a blend to between what your saying and what others are about running people over. two extremes on the scale im afraid.