ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   Forza Scoobynet races (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/612513-forza-scoobynet-races.html)

Awesomepossum 12 June 2007 10:25 AM

Good racing last as mentioned above

Sorry for the nudge into the Suzuka chicane Ed, sh@t myself when u started coming towards me at a high rate of knots, hit the brakes then braced for the inevitable impact. Luckily enough there was no damage to either car and the race continued

The lowly wee 22b showed some of the big Skyline boys that it is not all about power, sometimes a naturally balanced chassis also helps

I will be on later tonight for some more bumper rubbing if anyone is around

Neanderthal 12 June 2007 10:41 AM

Was great following you round that last bend on the Sebring (sp?) circuit yesterday. Not sure if my S204 was bobbling around as much as the 22B was. Certainly looked lively!

Edcase 12 June 2007 10:44 AM

Haha, yeah it was fine, no harm done, it was my first time into that chicane in this game, so I wasn't sure where the brake point was going to be, I thought better safe than sorry!!! Plus that little Exige stops on a dime! :eek:

That section coming through those sweeping left-right-left-right curves at Suzuka are amazing on part throttle in third in that car, like you said, you can carry so much speed as long as you are smooth and blend the throttle. Amazing.

Edcase 12 June 2007 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Neanderthal (Post 7011506)
Was great following you round that last bend on the Sebring (sp?) circuit yesterday. Not sure if my S204 was bobbling around as much as the 22B was. Certainly looked lively!

Not as funny as following you in the GT3 the night before :lol1:

Now *that* thing is lively! :eek::lol:

RB5201 12 June 2007 11:31 AM

Id be up for this, played a bit last night with random people and it was like dodgems at the fair, any attempt at overtaking was greeted with being rammed.

GT RB5201, feel free to add me, may be on tonight if the wife lets me!

RoadrunnerV2 12 June 2007 11:57 AM

Cheers for the invite last night as well :) I had a good laugh last night.

:thumb: to Awesomepossum. He could have rammed me in his 22b on one corner to overtake but he decided to back off to avoid a collision - Top driving :)

I'll be up for some more action tonight. It will be 7ish till 9ish if anyone is around.

RB5-Black 12 June 2007 12:03 PM

last time I was on sunday night was great fun :D

it's much better playing with people who don't try and ram you when it's a 50/50 corner.

Awesomepossum 12 June 2007 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by RoadrunnerV2 (Post 7011775)
Cheers for the invite last night as well :) I had a good laugh last night.

:thumb: to Awesomepossum. He could have rammed me in his 22b on one corner to overtake but he decided to back off to avoid a collision - Top driving :)

I'll be up for some more action tonight. It will be 7ish till 9ish if anyone is around.

Your car was all over the place like a mad womens sh1te, i had no idea where the car was heading for next so i choose the safe option and backed off, lost me the race but gained me some kudos.

Seem to have developed a small sickness problem that will see me off work for a couple of days, damn shame that as i was enjoying being cooked alive in a Merc Sprinter. Oh well, seems i will just need to fire up the 360 and waste the rest of this afternoon, DIRT out on Fri as well.

If i see any of the SN crew log on to Live i will send an invite, no pressure to accept said invite if you are happy where you are. The rooms i setup will be purely for SN drivers and will not be invaded by Joe Public en masse

A'K 12 June 2007 01:48 PM

are you guys playing the online 'career' races , as you still win cash & cars in that game type, I came 2nd in a 25 lap races last night & won 40k :)

thanks for the invite on sunday RB5-Black but I was already in a lobby with friends, l'll defo get a game with you lot soon :)

RoadrunnerV2 12 June 2007 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Awesomepossum (Post 7011851)
i had no idea where the car was heading

Neither did I at one point :D

Bravo2zero_sps 12 June 2007 02:47 PM

If i see any of the SN crew log on to Live i will send an invite, no pressure to accept said invite if you are happy where you are. The rooms i setup will be purely for SN drivers and will not be invaded by Joe Public en masse

Count me in, just got trouble finding the time but hopefully can get on tonight.

davegtt 12 June 2007 02:57 PM

Hoping to get my first online racing in tonight. Should be interesting to see how I compare to others considering Ive only played single player so far. :cool:

Awesomepossum 12 June 2007 03:10 PM

[QUOTE=RoadrunnerV2;7011775]Cheers for the invite last night as well :) I had a good laugh last night.

QUOTE]

Did not fancy paying for a new 22b front bumper

haroldhettaturbo 12 June 2007 03:19 PM

Gunna have to get myself a 360.

Been looking at differnt packs. Is there 1 to recomend.

Is the premier pack worth the money over the core pack?

Cheers
Dave

RB5-Black 12 June 2007 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by haroldhettaturbo (Post 7012641)
Gunna have to get myself a 360.

Been looking at differnt packs. Is there 1 to recomend.

Is the premier pack worth the money over the core pack?

Cheers
Dave

you need the premium if you want to go on live. yes it's worth the extra for the HDD and wireless controller alone IMHO

Awesomepossum 12 June 2007 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by RB5-Black (Post 7012650)
you need the premium if you want to go on live. yes it's worth the extra for the HDD and wireless controller alone IMHO

Dont forget the headset that allows screaming yanks to annoy the hell out of ya

STi wanna Subaru 12 June 2007 03:27 PM

decent deal

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-...e/Product.html

Can always sell the games once bored to drop the price paid.

davegtt 12 June 2007 03:37 PM

Crickey that is a good deal.:thumb:

Andy T 12 June 2007 03:40 PM

Should be up for a race later on guys, sorry for declining all the invites that have been sent, but have been having a few races with my mates round - would not be fair for them to ram any SN member into the armco and give the GTMonkeyboy a reputation of being a bully :norty:

Have managed to unlock a bit of the game thou.

Hepy 12 June 2007 04:00 PM

I think more practice required here. I was hopeless last night.
ScoobyP1 on XBL

NickAdams 12 June 2007 04:27 PM

I'll probably come online for a game later tonight.Add me if you like (NickA555)
The same goes for anyone else that wants to add me.I'm still getting to grips with the wheel and Playseat so you can safely say that I won't be winning any races!! ;)

Neanderthal 12 June 2007 04:32 PM

I'm torn, half of me wants to have more of the fantasitc online racing, the other wants to further the career game.
I think I'll play online, whilst interest in Forza2 is still high :D

A'K 12 June 2007 04:47 PM

if you set the game up as online career you can still make money & win cars..

RobEvo5 12 June 2007 05:19 PM

Im up for a game anytime - Gamertag same as my user name: RobEvo5

Neanderthal 12 June 2007 09:08 PM

My move I commented on eariler that happened last night :o

w00t I'm through...............

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/b...76/Through.jpg

oh crap, maybe not.......

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/b...976/Whoops.jpg

Edcase 12 June 2007 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Neanderthal (Post 7014163)
My move I commented on eariler that happened last night :o

w00t I'm through...............

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/b...76/Through.jpg

oh crap, maybe not.......

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/b...976/Whoops.jpg

How did you get the pics / footage? :eek:

That's me in the NSXR :thumb:

StickyMicky 12 June 2007 10:33 PM

right, picked up my copy today, give me a few days to get a half decent car sorted out, and ill join up for some racing :D

initial thoughts.......

GFX really is as bad as the demo :(
replays really are as bad as the demo :(

DJ Dunk 13 June 2007 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Neanderthal (Post 7014163)

So who got away first ? :D My moneys on the Tommy Kaira R34.

The detail on the flattened and scorched grass is just superb :cool:

Neanderthal 13 June 2007 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Edcase (Post 7014365)
How did you get the pics / footage? :eek:

That's me in the NSXR :thumb:

Just saved the replay after the race and viewed/took photos yesterday :D

Neanderthal 13 June 2007 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by DJ Dunk (Post 7015542)
So who got away first ? :D My moneys on the Tommy Kaira R34.

The detail on the flattened and scorched grass is just superb :cool:

Can't remember, but my brake disc's are still glowing (I'm in the S204) so I bet I didn't!