ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Aliens (1986) (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/587739-aliens-1986-a.html)

fivetide 02 March 2007 12:24 PM

Hick's best bit is the "fix your camera" *crunch* "that's got it"

5t.

richiewong 02 March 2007 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by scoobynutta555 (Post 6710991)
Isn't Bill Paxton in Aliens, Terminator and Predator?

Yep but its Predator 2 that he's in and Jenette Goldstein was foster mother in Terminator 2 and of course Michael Biehn was in Aliens and Terminator

richiewong 02 March 2007 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by richiewong (Post 6711304)
Michael Biehn was in Aliens and Terminator

As is Lance Henriksen

jonc 02 March 2007 12:33 PM

Hudson: "hey vasquez, have you ever been mistaken for a man?"
Vasquez: "No, have you?"

:lol:

OllyK 02 March 2007 12:41 PM

Got all 4 on Video and then went and bought the DVD Quadriology box set :rolleyes:

EddScott 02 March 2007 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by fivetide (Post 6711300)
Hick's best bit is the "fix your camera" *crunch* "that's got it"

5t.

Gorman says that.

Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks 23 (Post 6711117)
Are they doing another one then? I think I was the only one in the world who actually enjoyed AVP.

Its scheduled for a Jan 08 release. Give it a bit to let the hype of Transformers and Die Hard 4 to calm down (Jul 07 release each)

Think thats another reason why Alien 3 didn't do so well. It went up against Batman Returns and most would rather see Michelle Phifieererer in a catsuit then a bald Sigourny Weaver.

scoobynutta555 02 March 2007 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by richiewong (Post 6711322)
As is Lance Henriksen

He's in AVP too. Only him and Paxton have been killed by Terminators, Aliens and Predators?

richiewong 02 March 2007 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by scoobynutta555 (Post 6711511)
He's in AVP too. Only him and Paxton have been killed by Terminators, Aliens and Predators?

:lol:

That's pretty funny when you think about it, we'll call it the curse of James Cameron

fivetide 02 March 2007 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by EddScott (Post 6711452)
Gorman says that.

I know, otherwise Hicks'd be talking to himself. I just like the scene as it sums up the attitude of the marines.

5t.

EddScott 02 March 2007 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by fivetide (Post 6711747)
I know, otherwise Hicks'd be talking to himself. I just like the scene as it sums up the attitude of the marines.

5t.

Doh! I see what you mean now :)

brickboy 02 March 2007 03:28 PM

The "pulse rifles" are replica Thompson machine guns dressed up with plastic bits, and the flex guns used by Vasquez & friend are German MG42 replicas, again dressed up ... I read a great interview at the time of the film with the props guy discussing all the weapons :D

wrc350+ 02 March 2007 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks 23 (Post 6711117)
Are they doing another one then? I think I was the only one in the world who actually enjoyed AVP.

thats two of us then!

Duck_Pond 02 March 2007 04:10 PM

Most of the supporting cast of Aliens are also in Near Dark - IMO one of the best vampire movies ever made. :thumb:

Mr Leigh 02 March 2007 04:23 PM

Aliens V Predator was garbage, along with Alien 3 & 4 IMHO.

AvP 2 is set to be total rubbish, I do believe its set in a school?!!! Aliens V School kids. I wish I was joking.

Aliens 2 is one of my all time best movies.

richiewong 02 March 2007 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Leigh (Post 6712156)
Aliens V Predator was garbage, along with Alien 3 & 4 IMHO.

AvP 2 is set to be total rubbish, I do believe its set in a school?!!! Aliens V School kids. I wish I was joking.

Aliens 2 is one of my all time best movies.

Jesus and if its full of whiney American kids then I want the Aliens to wipe them out within the first 30 seconds of the film.
Saying that, if they are American kids, then they'll be tooled up to the eyeballs ready to pop a cap in some alien ass;):D

corradoboy 02 March 2007 04:41 PM

According to imdb, AvP2 plotline...

Originally Posted by imdb
Warring alien and predator races descend on a small town, where unsuspecting residents must band together for any chance of survival.

Release date Jan '08.
Cast list includes......nobody anyone knows.
Writers include Dan O'Bannon :eek: A man on the slide :nono:

SJ_Skyline 02 March 2007 04:45 PM

Aliens - always very watchable :thumb:

"He's coming in... I feel safer already" :lol1:

richiewong 02 March 2007 04:45 PM

Mmmm sounds better, I remember a Dark Horse comic version set on an alien planet that a small population of ranchers.

Predators had chosen that planet to breed Aliens for the hunt and the ranchers got caught inthe middle.

Like the AVP film, a Predator teams up with a female character to destroy the Alien horde.

P1Fanatic 02 March 2007 06:53 PM

Lol I love Aliens. Up their with the best. The quotes are just soooo funny.

Gorman: "Any other questions?"
Hudson: "How do I get out this chicken sh*t outfit?"
Apone: "Hudson, you secure that ****"

Drake: They ain't paying us enough for this, man.
Dietrich: Not enough to wake up to your face, Drake.
Drake: What? Is that a joke?
Dietrich: I wish it were

Ripley: Well, someone's gonna have to go down there, take a portable transmitter and patch in.
Hudson: Yeah, sure, with those things running around? You can count me out.
Hicks: Well I guess we can count you out of everything then.
Hudson: That's right, man.
Bishop: I'll go. I mean, I'm the only one qualified to remote-pilot the ship anyway.
Hudson: That's right, man, Bishop should go. Good idea!

Hudson: I am ready man, check it out, I am the ULTIMATE bad ass. State-of-the-bad-ass-art. You do not want to **** with me. Check it out! Hey Ripley, don't worry. Me and my squad of ultimate bad-asses will protect you. Check it out! Independently targeting particle beam phalanx...FWAP! Fry half a city with this puppy. We got tactical smart missiles, phase plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic, electronic, BALL breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharpsticks...

Hudson: Is this going to be a standup fight, sir, or another bughunt?
Gorman: All we know that is there still is no contact with the colony, and that a xenomorph may be involved.
Frost: Excuse me sir, a what?
Gorman: A xenomorph.
Hicks: It's a bughunt.

Simon

P1Fanatic 02 March 2007 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by brickboy (Post 6712030)
The "pulse rifles" are replica Thompson machine guns dressed up with plastic bits, and the flex guns used by Vasquez & friend are German MG42 replicas, again dressed up ... I read a great interview at the time of the film with the props guy discussing all the weapons :D

I love the sound of the pulse rifles - schweeeeeeet. Spent so much time playing AvP2 on the PC. Loved being the Pred - unbeatable with the shoulder mounted plasma rifle.

Simon

EddScott 02 March 2007 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by P1Fanatic (Post 6712575)
I love the sound of the pulse rifles - schweeeeeeet. Spent so much time playing AvP2 on the PC. Loved being the Pred - unbeatable with the shoulder mounted plasma rifle.

Simon

Very satisfying decapitating a grunt from a distance. :thumb:

Theres a new Alien game being made at the moment - don't know what the release date is though.

Puppetmaster 02 March 2007 11:56 PM

MMM great films - in their own way... admittedly story line *might* be weak in some of them :)

Oh. and we all know Lance Henrikson was going pencilled in for the original Terminator roll - then Jim Cameron saw Arnie cast him - and wrote in the part for Lance.

Got them all on video.. then got the American Alien Legacy.. then Alien Quadrilogy!

Eeesh