ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Essex Subaru Owners Club (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/)
-   -   anyone know of. (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/582480-anyone-know-of.html)

Milamber 12 February 2007 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Gangsta Smurf (Post 6649597)
Just stating the real costs coming from my recent experiences in taking someone to court. Sounds like I did things the wrong way by your costing example!

:norty: Sounds like we need to talk buddy :luvlove:

Adidas 12 February 2007 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Gangsta Smurf (Post 6649627)

Someone correct me if I'm wrong with the above but I'm sure I read a post from fish somewhere to that effect.

No, you're quite correct. Fish was very quick to come on here and tell us about his 'issues' and what arose out of them.

Pity he wasn't as quick to sort out his issue with Shaggy :(

Gangsta Smurf 12 February 2007 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Adidas (Post 6649822)
No, you're quite correct. Fish was very quick to come on here and tell us about his 'issues' and what arose out of them.

Pity he wasn't as quick to sort out his issue with Shaggy :(

Well that is something at least ... and I've always been very accommodating to those which have family difficulties in such situations - as should everyone, because it is very easy to lose all track of time when you are involved in such situations.

Yes there is a point where you have to say enough is enough but have you tried offering fish an alternative?

... an alternative being, for example, repaying the £115 over say 6 months or maybe 12 months. This may give him the financial space he needs as well as eliminating the need for court or other action.

Has he been given the standard 90 days of leaway?

SirFozzalot 12 February 2007 01:16 PM

Just to get you up to speed Rob, I think I am right in saying that shaggy (or his dad) agreed to buy a camera from Fish for £115. shaggy paid the money and nothing ever arrived.

Fish has said it was sent, then it wasn't sent, then i was again and so on.

shaggy just wants what he has paid for or get his money back.

Think that is about right. It has been going on for some time now.

V4JDMSTi 12 February 2007 01:22 PM

how did shaggy pay? if by paypal then he can claim his money back via them.

Fish has had a lot of troubles lately and i know has been a bit slow to sort things in the past, but has always come good.

Jamo 12 February 2007 06:51 PM

this wasnt an aim at getting him "sorted out" if I wanted to do that, a public forum where his friends post wouldnt be the place to ask.

the money isnt mine its my dads, hes retired and on a pension, but I told him the prick was ok and was trustworthy, clearly I was wrong.

I hadnt realised it would cost so much to sort out, so it looks like I will have to just come down for a drive one afternoon instead.

added:

It was paid by paypal and a claim was made, but because he had cleared his account by all but £2 I couldnt get anything back. plus it cost me $25 to make the claim...

thanks for the replys.

James