ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   International (https://www.scoobynet.com/international-24/)
-   -   Catalunya Rally (https://www.scoobynet.com/international-24/58040-catalunya-rally.html)

Richard Askew 24 December 2001 09:33 AM

...I think the peeps we use are EuropCar - although I could very well be mistaken :rolleyes:
Hertz also have an office at Barca airport but IIRC they are a wee bit dearer...

Scoobychick 29 December 2001 10:29 AM

Woohoo :D :D :D we're going too :) can't wait to all meet up over there for a glass of wine or two (yeh right - bring on the beer and JD :D )

Taking the 'Rum route', am buying large amounts of sea sickness pills in preparation ;) :D

Sal

Rum* 29 December 2001 12:35 PM

Bring it on....

Ok so who's heading down via the ferry???

I need to start looking to book the ferry and the hotel...

Can all those "truly" interested in attending please add a comment on here and mail me offline with vehicle details, reg no, driver/co driver names, and whether you require single/twin or double rooms @ the hotel...

Cheers

Speak soon

Tom

Scoobychick 30 December 2001 12:09 PM

Tom you have mail :D

Richard Askew 31 December 2001 09:49 AM

....looks like it's gonna be a good 'un.... can anyone predict the weather? 30 degs in Lloret last year :D or snow and ice in the mountains above Tarragona like the year before :( ... the other half wants to know....bikini or errrm fur lined bikini :D

Scoobychick 31 December 2001 11:23 AM

LOL @ Rich :D Good point tho', what do I pack? My only previous rallying experience is the RAC and that's the same every year - thermals and waterproofs :)

Richard Askew 31 December 2001 01:01 PM

Chances are you'll be too pissed to worry babe :D

neil@wrx 31 December 2001 03:46 PM

you have mail Tom

EvilBevel 31 December 2001 05:51 PM

Hmmm, seems the missus is now considering joining me :)

Tom/Sal, am I still included in all those devious hotel plans ? :)

I would like to book a room, but single or double will be confirmed to me this week (my wife will email me LOL).

Roll on March !

Theo

ChrisB 31 December 2001 09:06 PM

Tom,

I need to ask my intended pax if she's still up for coming. I'll try not to forget about getting back to you. Be most appreciated if you give me a kick if I don't come back to you in time.

Chris.

[Edited by ChrisB - 12/31/2001 11:12:54 PM]

Chris L 03 January 2002 12:44 PM

Another top tip for you: Get some anti-sea sickness pills for the ferry - 24 hours on one of those things is enough to make anyone throw up :) These pills are also useful after a heavy night, if you are feeling a little unwell as they are great at getting rid of queasy (spelling?) stomach feeling :)

Chris

[Edited by Chris L - 3/1/2002 12:44:43 PM]

Rum* 06 January 2002 12:13 AM

Theo and Chris you have mail....:D

Look forward to receiving your advices asap

Cheers

Tom

EvilBevel 06 January 2002 11:29 AM

Done ! :)

Rum* 06 January 2002 01:19 PM

Cheers guys...appreciated the prompt response...

Bring it on!!!!!

All the best

Tom

Richard Askew 07 January 2002 07:48 PM

Latest Info re: Flights...

Have changed to fly out of Luton instead of Liverpool. For information flights out on the Monday 18th are currently IIRC between 12 and 17 quid... flights back on the following Monday or Tuesday nights are around the 30 quid mark.... book soon those peeps who are flying 'cos the prices are a-creepin' up...

ChrisB 09 January 2002 08:36 PM

Tom,

You've got mail.

Chris.

Rum* 09 January 2002 10:47 PM

ChrisB....so've you..:D:D:D

Timo 12 January 2002 10:05 PM

I'm interested in the run down there.

Ive a 98 Sti 4 Type R (possible stickered up!!)and maybe in need of a passenger as i dont have one as yet. Must be willing to split costs. can be picked up anywhere between Hull and the ferry.

mail me if you are interested

Cheers

Tim :D

Rum* 13 January 2002 05:44 PM

Timo....please call me asap - 07798 762285

Cheers

Tom

Rum* 14 January 2002 10:56 PM

All present and accounted for....game on for the Cat!!! :D:D

Timo 15 January 2002 09:25 AM

Right here are my plans.
I am driving down on Wednesday and will set off back on Sunday after the rally to get home sometime Monday and return to work on Tuesday at the latest!
I am having to do this because of work commitments.

I am still looking for a definate co-driver for this trip. I have had quite a few interested bods but no confimed "YES". So if you fancy a trip and my plans suit you then mail me.
I have a 98 sonic blue STI4 Type R and may get it stickered up to rise to the RUM* challenge. So if you want your name on the rear 1/4 glass then mail me! GO ON YOU KNOW YOU WANT TOO!!
I can then spaek to Tom about hotels and meeting up etc

Tim :D

Richard Askew 15 January 2002 10:07 AM

61 days to go.... :D

AndrewW 15 January 2002 05:05 PM

So how many others are doing the fly/rental car thing ?

Want to make sure that there are other driving clapped out rental cars so I can keep up :)

Andrew.

AndrewW 15 January 2002 05:11 PM

One more thing.

I've got the flights/hotel/car booked, but I am assuming that there is no charge to spectate ala the rip-off rally of wales ?

Am I right ?

Oh, and how far away from Lloret de Mar should I be planning on driving each day to get to the stages ?

Perhaps someone who has been before could post any pertinent information for us Catalunya virgins :)

Thanks,

Andrew.

GAZZER 16 January 2002 06:54 PM

Two years ago we would drive up to 400 miles on the longest day this being the drive to Tarragona (120 miles each way)but would average about 100 -150 per day depending on how many stages you would like to see.

The total for the week including recce and driving stages was about 800 - 1000 miles.
Drive there and back another 2000 roughly

Gaz

Non Noob CS Player 17 January 2002 11:07 AM

:)

AndrewW 17 January 2002 11:17 AM

Thanks Gazzer,

Now I really wish I was taking the scooby :(

Andrew.

Nick B 17 January 2002 11:31 AM

Well, plans in place. I am driving down in the Scoob with the family, and will be stopping in Tossa de Mar - just down the road. What are the plans for people meeting up socially in Lloret so I can make plans to come over?

Does anyone fancy swapping mobile numbers so I can join others heading to stages?

Finally, on the note of mobiles, does anyone know what the coverage is like round there?

Can't wait... :D :D :D

Richard Askew 17 January 2002 12:27 PM

I'll be in the Picadilly Pub EVERY single day and night for over a week :D failing that you can find me propping up the bar in either Moby's (if its b4 midnight) and then Tropics from midnight to about 7am :D:D:D
Roll on the cat....

Rum* 17 January 2002 03:00 PM

NickB

07798 762285 :D:D...as above I will also hopefully be in a bar somewhere most evenings....for most of the evening!!!

(Mossman can drive the early trip to the stages whilst I try and sleep each morning:D:D:D:D:D)

Rum*