ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Bedford - was it fun? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/57155-bedford-was-it-fun.html)

daved6 02 December 2001 02:33 PM

Mark

Thanks for the clip :cool:

I blame the Fulda tyres , they seemed to get worse the more the circuit dried out ! ;)

Cheers
Dave

babber 02 December 2001 02:39 PM

Dave, From where I was (red one behind you) you were going some, don't know about the tyres going off. Nice four wheel drift mate. ;) :D

Cheers Phill C

daved6 03 December 2001 12:48 PM

Phill

In truth I was just having some FUN :)

It was nice to be out on a circuit with some space around you & large flat run off areas which allowed you to express yourself to the full !!!!!!!

I look forward to seeing you all on the next one .

Regards
Dave

W9GTR 03 December 2001 05:17 PM

Brill day
I must say I did enjoy abusing Birdy's M3. It made a refreshing change to hear his brakes groaning and squeeling instead of mine :D
Thanks to Stef et al for the orginisation and hospitality (wasn't even any milk for tea etc. at BMW day last Monday let alone biscuits! :(
Craig "my car's not running to well at the moment but when I'm on me own it flies!) :D Hardman was the dissapointment of the day, I was really looking forward to a ride in his halfords special but never made it yet AGAIN, and to top it all was probably the last chance any of us will get.
Must say I'm quite gutted at missing Cem's rotaional adventure on the start finish straight ....hehehehehe.
Best go back to permanent AWD with YAW control m8 :)
Roll on the next one........
Steve
BTW can anyone tell me where to find something to shove over my exhaust so that I can play next time without fear of the old nanny state police black flaggin.

Blow Dog 03 December 2001 05:52 PM

LOL!
I never spun on the start-finish straight. It was right after the tight S-bend opposite the pits on the long left hander immediately after! :rolleyes: :D :D

Cem

babber 03 December 2001 07:56 PM

Cem,

I had a tank slapper in the same place a little while before you, only just managed to control it!!! ;) God knows how, wasn't anything to do with our driving, must have been some **** on the track ;)

Thanks to all that clapped when I came into the pits, to go to the toilet ;)

Cheers Phill C

CraigH 03 December 2001 08:42 PM

Steve,

If Bedford had a noise limit higher than a mouses fart, you woulda got a ride.....

Shame.

You are probably right :(

simon_prickett 05 December 2001 04:03 PM

Hi there,

I'll be back in my car - thanks to all the people I met on the day, nice to put some faces to names. Big thanks to David Lewis and Trout for rides.

I reckon I'll need big brakes to tackle Bedford in the MY98, the 2 pots I have aren't going to cut it, especially as the discs are shot on the front.

Unfortunately we had a pig of a trip back home due to traffic, but I did get to experience the VTEC band in lpitt's Civic Type R, top car.

Simon.

stevencotton 05 December 2001 04:36 PM

Was a good day, although not the best track for spectating and taking pictures as you can't get that close to the action. We stood in the little tyrewall just before you turn into the pits, glad you all managed to turn and not hit us :) Only thing that annoyed me was the driver of the twin seater driving so fast through the open pit when there were young kids walking about :(

Craig, will you still be going to the track days even when you've sold the car? I only have two bottles of octane booster left :)

Have fun,
Steve.

CraigH 06 December 2001 04:00 PM

lol

One thing Stef - think you'll find mine and Trouts speedos are accurate...

your's, well..... :p

;)

simon_prickett 06 December 2001 04:03 PM

Trout's power is posted somewhere on here recently - have a search for threads relating to the There Is No Excuse rolling road day at Power Engineering.

Simon.

Stef 06 December 2001 04:04 PM

Craig.
Seeing as mine is a UK car and has therefore always had an 'imperial' speedo I think you'll find it is mine that is more accurate. Don't forget, yours was also reading 135mph through Craner, which is errrrrrrr........slightly optimistic to say the least! :D :p
Perhaps we should do a comparsion to see just how far out yours is? ;)

Stef.

CraigH 06 December 2001 08:50 PM

I wasn't reading off the speedo - I was reading from the rev counter - my passenger was checking the speedo.

Rev counter was 7k......

What's that in a 4 door STI with 18s then.......

:D ;)

simo 06 December 2001 10:23 PM

Craig

Must of being slipping the clutch then ;) lol - joke.

cheers simon

CraigH 07 December 2001 09:06 AM

Sshhhhhhh

;)

Trout... 07 December 2001 10:18 AM

The thing is Stef, being a crap driver meant I was coming onto the straight at least 15mhp slower than you.

That was my worst corner, I never got it right, that's why I need lots of BHP :p;)

Trout

CraigH 07 December 2001 10:50 AM

My excuse is very similar to Trouts.

As I was always entering the back street, virtually backwards, or at least 90 degrees to it, meant that my speed down the straight was in fact, very slow :)

ARRON BIRD 07 December 2001 11:31 AM

Well I know my speedo is bang on and I was seeing 135.

Trout... 07 December 2001 12:56 PM

So, how do you know your speedo is bang on - in M3 tests the speedo overreads the faster you get, at 135 by at least 5mph, not a huge amount, but not bang on!

Also, the 140mph is not bragging it was merely a personal achievment as last time in the dry I was slower and I remain extremely pleased with myself that my car has improved with it's recent bout of tuning.

Must get some instruction one day ;):D

Trout

simon_prickett 07 December 2001 12:59 PM

Trout also hit 140 with my lardy ass in the passenger seat as ballast! So, about 13 stone more weight than strictly necessary.

Trout - if you fancy some instruction, email me, I need 1 more person to put something good together cheap in 2002.

Simon.

dingy 07 December 2001 02:05 PM

Same old excuses from stef......

:D

135 thru craner ;) fact :D

1.22 lap time at dono shows something.....

nuff said.