ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   what to do with 3 acres of land (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/567942-what-to-do-with-3-acres-of-land.html)

speedymonkey 21 December 2006 03:32 PM

Build Rc dirt track with some dobber jumps, and get a nitro buggy :norty: top fun, especially if you have kids :thumb: :D

Chip Sengravy 21 December 2006 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
Build a whore house!!

:lol1:

So poor guy still hasn't popped his cork?

Building a brothel is a bit drastic to lose your cherry, why not just visit one? :D

hojkoff 21 December 2006 03:59 PM

Build a house and sell it! With that view out the back you’re already of to a good start. As long as you build a descent house you’ll be making a lot of profit. Someone rich will probably end up buying it as a 2nd home (depending on the surrounding area)

Just out of interest, where did you find out about it? Does anyone know of a sort of catalogue for plots for sale? Sort of like how you can get one for houses.

Dunk 21 December 2006 04:21 PM

A lottery ticket would have better odds than building on greenbelt. I bought a few acres recently that back onto to my house, I get to "enjoy" it & increase the value of the house, but who knows what the future holds ? (But don't count on it.)
If you're serious, get a land registry check done to find out if any covenants exist on its useage.

D

Ray_li 21 December 2006 05:50 PM

what area is it in?

i have an idea but it depends how far away from Birmingham you are :D

Chip Sengravy 21 December 2006 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Ray_li
what area is it in?

i have an idea but it depends how far away from Birmingham you are :D

Ray, forget a brummie version of 'Neverland Ranch', it's been done :D

Poor Guy 21 December 2006 07:03 PM

lol.

im all the way up in scummy Doncaster

Chip Sengravy 21 December 2006 07:07 PM

ah!

you could try 'Never had a job, nor have I any intention of getting one, Ranch'

Poor Guy 21 December 2006 07:08 PM

what the hell kind of ranch is that?!

Chip Sengravy 21 December 2006 07:10 PM

Dunno, but I wouldn't send my kids, that's for sure!

mine are a bit old now :)

Poor Guy 21 December 2006 07:11 PM

half the population of doncaster would cram in there anyways. lazy bums

Trout 21 December 2006 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by The Chief
Feck me where do you live to get land that cheap????:eek:

Not that far from you. Arable/pastureland is not that expensive around here. I have ten acres of the stuff that is rented out for some sheep.

Three acres would be good to rent out for a horse or three - don't expect to make a fortune though!

R

OllyK 21 December 2006 07:21 PM

What would be the score be with building a barn on arable land, I assume that wouldn't be an issue? Then look to apply for change of use a few years later and convert it? Would that be a way to go?

JackClark 21 December 2006 07:26 PM

No mention of the 14/28 rule. I don't know the in's and outs but as far as I know you can use the land for 28 days a year for whatever you like.

astraboy 21 December 2006 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Poor Guy
theres 3 acres of land near me going for sale. its a field off a country lane. if i bought it, what could i do with it? any ideas? my only thought at the moment is turn it into a car park and charge for staying as we're a mile from an airport.

In all seriousness, I'd do a UK version of driftland. whats driftland? This!
http://www.eris.ais.ne.jp/~t-kondo/i...driftland1.jpg
then wait for the queue of driftcars at the gate for practice to appear.
astraboy.

sti-04!! 21 December 2006 10:12 PM

Why dont you open up a pay per view dogging area. Should prove popular :D

Flaps 21 December 2006 10:13 PM

How big is an acre in say sports terms. Football pitch?

STi wanna Subaru 21 December 2006 11:57 PM

Poor Guy, you cant even get a bird from Barnsley to suck your ice lolly so how you expect to do anything with a patch of land is beyond me! learn to walk son first...........

500 22 December 2006 12:10 AM

you need to see what the land can be used for, do a search with the council and land registry and see what you can do with it.

Ray_li 22 December 2006 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by astraboy
In all seriousness, I'd do a UK version of driftland. whats driftland? This!
http://www.eris.ais.ne.jp/~t-kondo/i...driftland1.jpg
then wait for the queue of driftcars at the gate for practice to appear.
astraboy.

:thumb:

Poor Guy 22 December 2006 01:21 AM

driftland looks good. if its allowed for that id more than likely do it.

im not good with women, but im not bad at building things and making money. plus i know the people who own a local construction firm for a job on the cheap :D

Dunk 22 December 2006 09:05 AM

Poor Guy,

I've got a bag of magic beans for sale, if you're interested ?

D

corradoboy 22 December 2006 10:00 AM

Plant a load of apple trees on it, good cider crop each year. You could also have free range organic turkeys (they are naturally an orchard bird) roaming there for another wad come Chrimbo time. Two incomes for little effort, but I'm not a farmer so I may be underestimating the work involved. Alternatively, plant a load of Chrimbo trees and flog them to the local B&Q every December.

Flaps 22 December 2006 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Flaps
How big is an acre in say sports terms. Football pitch?

Just had a look. It says an acre is about half of a football/rugby pitch. If you buy three and some rugby posts i'll come and have a kick about ;)

Poor Guy 22 December 2006 10:27 AM

iwas looking at the xmas tree idea actually. they take 8-12 years to grow

sbk1972 22 December 2006 11:05 AM

Nice looking View.

If I was you, I would certainly look into buying it, even if just to leave it, as a view like that, if a building company gets a hold of it, they will put up 30 cheap houses, 10% `afordable`, which will then ruin your house / area.

Ive seen this happen before, a nice house, with a lovely view, only to be ruined by out of town building companies, building tons of cheap homes for imgrants, who then steal, rob / ruin the whole area.

Something of that beauty, needs to be kept.

SBK

Ray_li 22 December 2006 11:53 AM

stick some cows on it and charge people for cow tipping :thumb:

Poor Guy 22 December 2006 12:17 PM

need about 10-15 acres per chest freezer full of steaks to be.

Bateman 22 December 2006 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Poor Guy
theres 3 acres of land near me going for sale. its a field off a country lane. if i bought it, what could i do with it? any ideas? my only thought at the moment is turn it into a car park and charge for staying as we're a mile from an airport.

A campsite for naturist ladies from Sveeeeden. Thay have to fit through a cut out silhouette in a door to gain admission.

Cant think of any other use for it :wonder:

speedking 22 December 2006 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by sbk1972
Nice looking View.

Where have you seen the view from Poor Guy's proposed purchase ? :Suspiciou