ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   The joys of 6 series ownership!!!!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/560734-the-joys-of-6-series-ownership.html)

Flatcapdriver 23 November 2006 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Brendan Hughes
Cue MX-5 and TT jokes...

Joking aside, it completely destroys what was a decent sized boot by taking up the right hand side and creating an odd sized compartment. I can understand them ditching RFTs which were ****e but they might just as well have raised the boot floor and installed a space saver.

:mad:

scoobydooooo 23 November 2006 05:25 PM

i cannot believe what i'm reading here , that mobility kit is an absolute joke !!

sunflowerkiss 23 November 2006 06:49 PM

Regarding the dress code when buying a BMW from a dealership, i know what you mean. When i bought my car i was in a business suit and looking quite smart, on collection I walked into the showroom wearing jeans and a baggy sweatshirt and trainers (normal weekend scruffs), was greeted by the receptionist who after looking down her nose at me for a min or so, muttered the words "yes"!!!! I explained i was there to collect my new car, yet again a look of OMG you should not be here, she asked my name, checked the computer and guess what!!!!!! Oh Mrs Walker, please take a seat, would you like a coffee, the salesman will be with you immediately, congratulations on the purchase of your car!!!!!!! Who gives these people the right to judge others just cos they work for BMW:( :( :(

500 23 November 2006 07:13 PM

I've got (or had) a 53plate 530d courtesty car, (somebody crashed into me in my own car)

lastnight battery was flat, so jumped it, all ok that night, this morning, all is dead again. BMW assist have towed the car in, saying the boot is letting water in the boot, has damaged the ECU's and wont let the car go to sleep. and given me a 56 plate 525 D M Sport as a courtesy car while they fix it

No complaint's here :D

sunflowerkiss 23 November 2006 07:29 PM

Ohhhh just remembered, at least the Tracker worked, they called me!!!!

Told em it was on a tow truck and they said, oh thats normal LOL:luxhello:

paulwrxboro 23 November 2006 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by sunflowerkiss
Regarding the dress code when buying a BMW from a dealership, i know what you mean. When i bought my car i was in a business suit and looking quite smart, on collection I walked into the showroom wearing jeans and a baggy sweatshirt and trainers (normal weekend scruffs), was greeted by the receptionist who after looking down her nose at me for a min or so, muttered the words "yes"!!!! I explained i was there to collect my new car, yet again a look of OMG you should not be here, she asked my name, checked the computer and guess what!!!!!! Oh Mrs Walker, please take a seat, would you like a coffee, the salesman will be with you immediately, congratulations on the purchase of your car!!!!!!! Who gives these people the right to judge others just cos they work for BMW:( :( :(

how many people are they losing daily with this , i have been in there looking to spend 30/35k and and not a peep from them..there loss ,i got the same at the honda garage twice went to landrover on the same day and got very good service

AudiLover 25 November 2006 11:40 AM

dont see why your riding on 20's in a 6er anyway. 18's or 19's would be much better.

KiwiGTI 25 November 2006 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by WHEELSHOP0_0
I also think if you use this when you have a flat tyre it means the tyre is unrepairable and must be replaced. On your 20" tyres that wont be cheap, so if you ever have a flat try the pump first just incase that gets you to a garage that can do a repair.
HTH.

I would always replace my tures after a puncture anyway, especially on a car that is easily capable of 155mph+

And if you complain about forking out £300 for a tyre you shouldn't have a 6 series. :)

Shark Man 25 November 2006 11:55 AM

Contrast that to a Bentley dealers. I walk in in my best scruffs to drop off a client's Mulliner for warrantee work and I get treated like a saint - wasn't even my car :lol1:

They took the time to listen to all the list of niggly problems, and fixed every single one. Rather than doing the usual fob off routine.

WHEELSHOP0_0 25 November 2006 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by KiwiGTI
I would always replace my tures after a puncture anyway, especially on a car that is easily capable of 155mph+

And if you complain about forking out £300 for a tyre you shouldn't have a 6 series. :)

Sorry, should have made the point clearer, if some scrote lets your tyre down (flat not always a puncture) you should try the pump first as the goop can ruin the tyre.

£300 saved for a five min. experiment sounds ok to me, regardless of what you can/cannot afford.

Any quality place will tell you if a tyre can safely be repaired.

sunflowerkiss 25 November 2006 06:01 PM

The car was an ex demo so came complete with the 20 " Alpinas, looks nice but in a situation such as this proves that they are Just for show!!!!!! Look nice but once broken become expensive!:(

JJstiuk 25 November 2006 06:47 PM

Pics of 6 series on 20s please :)

sunflowerkiss 25 November 2006 07:38 PM

Dont really want to show you this one, cos she is soo dirty but hey ho you asked. This is a pic with my auntie who wanted to show her friends her nieces new car.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...73/6series.jpg

Back tyre in veiw that exploded!!!!

Shark Man 25 November 2006 08:21 PM

Could have been underinflated. The most likely cuase of blow outs is under inflation, overloading (and thus underinflated for the combined speed and load placed upon it), and serious impact damage.

So don't depend on the the tyre pressure warning system as they aren't totally reliable.

sunflowerkiss 25 November 2006 08:39 PM

The tyre warning system warning never went off even when i was sitting in a layby waiting the emergency bmw services, i even did a diagnosis on the car and all was well!!!!

Once i picked the car up the following day and drove it about a mile i had the puncture warning light come up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL why oh why oh why:luxhello: look at me ****, bmw owner

Mind you it does look nice, hehehhehehhehe

sti-04!! 25 November 2006 09:09 PM

Dont really want to show you this one, cos she is soo dirty but hey ho you asked. This is a pic with my auntie who wanted to show her friends her nieces new car.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...73/6series.jpg

Back tyre in veiw that exploded!!!!

Very nice wheels you have there, did you say they were 20" ??

Are you aware of the offset ?? Are they available from BMW direct ??

I think they might look good on my M3 Cab :norty:

DJ Vinyl Ritchie 26 November 2006 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by sti-04!!
Very nice wheels you have there, did you say they were 20" ??

Are you aware of the offset ?? Are they available from BMW direct ??

I think they might look good on my M3 Cab :norty:

Those wheels are shockingly poor, don't do it son.

DJ Vinyl Ritchie............ Aunt or not, I would :thumb:

sunflowerkiss 26 November 2006 10:21 AM

Offset?????? Dunno what you mean:wonder:

And leave my auntie alone!!!!!!!!! LOL

walkpau873 26 November 2006 07:11 PM

Yeah they came as a optional Alpina extra direct from BMW, i told her they were a mistake, but hey, what do us guys know:lol1: :p ;)

Soz love, just had to get me two penneth in, and ya should have gone for the bigger engine;)

Paul:) (hubby)

DJ Vinyl Ritchie 26 November 2006 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by walkpau873
Yeah they came as a optional Alpina extra direct from BMW, i told her they were a mistake, but hey, what do us guys know:lol1: :p ;)

Soz love, just had to get me two penneth in, and ya should have gone for the bigger engine;)

Paul:) (hubby)

Paul, who wears the trousers in your house son? Ditch the wheels and get a set of m6 rims.

DJ Vinyl Ritchie......... Bigger isn't always better :thumb:

sunflowerkiss 27 November 2006 01:08 PM

Hey Paul, you cant talk with a 6 litre engine!!!!!!!!!!!:lol1:

Sbradley 28 November 2006 08:41 AM

I've got a mobility kit in my M5 - a compressor and a puncture repair kit. Glue, plugs, emery paper, plug insertion tool, the lot. I've also got a can of Finilec which is quicker. No room for a spare at all, and fornt and rear wheels are different sizes anyway so which would you carry?

As far as dealers are concerned, my local (Coopers Croydon) are fantastic. I get brilliant service and the work they do is first class. At least as good as I used to get with my local, old friend Subaru dealer. And I didn't buy the car from them and have only been using them for 6 mohts or so.

Mind you, everyting they've done so far apart from an oil service has bene under warranty. Courtesy car has ranged from a 1 series diesel to a 330i when it's been through the dealer. Warranty company courtesy cars have been VWs, Vauxhalls and Fords. Not M5s but clean and well specced so no real complaint...

SB