ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Food budgets...... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/537311-food-budgets.html)

brumdaisy 18 August 2006 09:08 PM

oh and I have three cats - they eat well too :D

sti-04!! 18 August 2006 09:15 PM

I think we spend around £100 a week. 2 adults (allegedly) & 2 kids though only got one kid (baby) most of the week.

AudiLover 18 August 2006 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo555
???? who's this aimed at?

Dan

not you ;)

J4CKO 18 August 2006 09:20 PM

Hmm, 3 cats,

1 cat, ok, 2 cats, borderline but 3 cats usually means you are a mentalist, its my theory of multiple cat ownership, you watch life of grime and tell me I am wrong, the more cats you have the battier you get until you have poo all over the house and the social gets involved.

Do you,

1/ Leave the house in slippers ?
2/ Go to the shops solely for cat food and forget what you went for
3/ Wear a cardigan buttoned up wrongly
4/ Get picked on by school children who call you the 'Cat woman'

StiX 18 August 2006 10:29 PM

about £85-100 p/week - 2 adults, 2 kids (8 and 7) in Sainsburys.

However that normally includes £20 for 2 cases of Stella - oops :)

Add to that £10 a week milk we have delivered.

clare792000 18 August 2006 10:35 PM

Ive just spent £160 odd in asda today. But i only tend to go to asda every few weeks then top up at iceland or co op through the week, prob bout anouthr 20-30 quid a week. There are 4 of us, 2 adults, 2 kids, + 2 cats and as someone else said i tend to buy magazines, clothes etc in asda too.

ScoobyDoo555 18 August 2006 10:36 PM

No probs AL ;)

LOL @ "cat-lover"-J4CKO :D

Dan

J4CKO 18 August 2006 10:40 PM

Will you lot please buy your non food items at Woolworths, how the hell am I meant to get my bonus in March if everybody shops at bloody Tesco's for everything.

brumdaisy 18 August 2006 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by J4CKO
Hmm, 3 cats,

1 cat, ok, 2 cats, borderline but 3 cats usually means you are a mentalist, its my theory of multiple cat ownership, you watch life of grime and tell me I am wrong, the more cats you have the battier you get until you have poo all over the house and the social gets involved.

Do you,

1/ Leave the house in slippers ?
2/ Go to the shops solely for cat food and forget what you went for
3/ Wear a cardigan buttoned up wrongly
4/ Get picked on by school children who call you the 'Cat woman'

'mentalist' I like to think I'm with good company in here :D

1/ pyjamas yes, slippers no they are pink and fluffy and would get dirty
2/ no i always get a bottle of red or a choccie bar too
3/ no dont own one, but many a time with a shirt or jacket
4/ i spit on school children, but yes friends (even the one who dumped the 3rd cat on me ) rip the piss constantly

do i pass?:wonder: do u luv me? :luvlove:

kingofturds 18 August 2006 11:41 PM

Was £40-£50 a week. with baby its more like £80 a week.

brumdaisy 18 August 2006 11:46 PM

how do babies eat 40 quids worth of food in a week? :eek:

or do u buy a very expensive sauce to go with it?:p

kingofturds 18 August 2006 11:49 PM

£10a week baby food + baby rice + nappies + £20 quids worth of cute baby clothes a week that he will probably never get around to wearing:freak3:

brumdaisy 19 August 2006 01:11 AM

tut! did you not read the title of the thread? :nono:

kingofturds 19 August 2006 01:21 AM

I assumed it twas shopping budget:p If not everyone can discount their liquid beverages!:)

LongTimeLurker 19 August 2006 01:32 AM

2 adults, 1 child, 2 cats, 1 dog circa £75 - £100 per week.

Kev_turbo 19 August 2006 02:02 AM

2 adults, 1 dog, a few parrots £70ish per week including about £10 worth of fruit for the birds. Most of the dog food bought in bulk elsewhere.

Some of the above are scary at both ends of the spectrum

hutton_d 19 August 2006 08:07 AM

We're averagign about £115 per week total since the new year. 2 adults and 2 year old. But that's for all household stuff (cleaning bits, nappies, etc etc) as well as food. Also includes most booze and lunchtimes - take sarnies instead of going to M&S - kiwi - £8 per day+ on lunch???

And we do have organic stuff - the above is a mix of Waitrose, Sainsburys, Costco, local farm shops and an organic veg. box most weeks.

Dave

Akuma 19 August 2006 08:47 AM

2 Adults & a 4 year old = £60 per week (including cleaning stuff & alcohol!!)

Mostly fruit, veg & salad stuff as it's too bloomin' hot to cook! But we do also go to the MOS burger once a week - makes a change from fish & rice! :)

It's amazing how little we spend here in Japan compared to the amount we wasted in the UK (used to spend up to £120 in Tesco :eek: )
Now we don't waste our money on rubbish we don't actually need, we have a spreadsheet and we budget carefully.

It's easier here though as everything is cash, they don't use credit cards and I don't think debit cards exist - On Friday hubby takes out the weeks cash - once it's gone - it's gone!

So now we have spare money to waste on the cars instead :thumb:

King RA 19 August 2006 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by J4CKO
Will you lot please buy your non food items at Woolworths, how the hell am I meant to get my bonus in March if everybody shops at bloody Tesco's for everything.

What part of wollies do you work for?

I spend about £50 a week on myself. Sometimes more, sometimes less. This doesn't include booze.

Scoobychick 19 August 2006 10:53 AM

I spend anywhere between £60 - £110 a week for two adults and that covers everything including all household goods and toiletries etc.

I'm a bit of a squirrel in that I store stuff up so sometimes I can get away with spending less one week than I do the next. At the last count there were apparently 36 pitta breads in the freezer, I didn't know he went round counting stuff :o :D

PeteT 19 August 2006 11:27 AM

A few years ago me and the missus decided to see if we could feed ourselves for one pound a day each to include all drinks, and to last for six weeks :eek:

I can tell you it is just about possible but you have to buy the cheapest, crappiest food imaginable, 5p tins of beans, 15p loaf of tasteless bread, nasty instant coffee from Aldi, hang around the reduced items section in the supermarket etc.
It turned out to be quite a sobering excersise (quite literally most of the time!) to have to do the weekly food shopping for two for 14 quid. I can see why the really poor have such bad diets, most vegetables and fruit were out of our price range - spend 80p on an avocado and that's just about you for the day!!
Anyway, I think we benefitted from it and I would recommend it to anyone* :D

*alwaystakemedicaladvicebeforeembarkingonridiculou smoneysavingdiets