ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Essex Subaru Owners Club (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/)
-   -   What next? (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/528729-what-next.html)

320bhp 10 July 2006 06:08 PM

Nice try Budgie!!:lol1:

silent running 10 July 2006 06:17 PM

Definitely you want a remap of some kind to tie all your mods together. An Apexi Power FC is the usual option for classics, but as someone else mentioned, the knock handling is a bit of a poor effort. On the other hand if it's mapped well you shouldn't get any knock.

V4JDMSTi 10 July 2006 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by MR400
Alternatively phone someone a little closer :D and ask them to re-map your ECU, yes it can be done and will have everybit the same functionality as the Apexi whilst retaining the factory sensor monitoring and more importantly closed loop feedback control, the OE ECU does a little more than flash the CEL if it experiences knock.

i would have it remapped but it's the early type :( so i need to save up for an apexi or similar.

V4JDMSTi 10 July 2006 08:31 PM

budgie, if i had the money i'd be putting in an offer. the right colour, the right wheels and plenty of power :)

frayz 10 July 2006 09:36 PM

Mate if you want more power thats fine.. but do yourself a favour and dont chase numbers... its all a load of b*ll*x anyway.

If you want numbers to chase, chase the in gear acceleration times. This is a real world figure showing real world performance. You could have all the power in the world but if it dont do the business on the road it aint worth a carrot.

An Apexi would give you alot more scope for tuning, theres no point buying anything else till you have management,

You will find this will also enable you to get the best out of your current setup and you might even be happy with what you have.

Besides anything else you purchase will require a mapping session anyway.

320bhp 10 July 2006 10:09 PM

Your 100% right there frayz! Had my car dynoed at engine advantages before the apexi was fitted, had 283bhp and 267 torque, had the apexi fitted and mapped with boost controller, had it dynoed at wrc, had 285bhp and 280 torque, the differance on the road tho is totally differant!! The car feels so much quicker, and i tend to prove this at santa pod in the coming future. Dont chase numbers youll only get disapointed!! Sorry to go on!

Cornelius 10 July 2006 10:15 PM

I hope I get more than 311 BHP when I get my car remapped;)

only joking:D the engine feels good, and the torque is awesome, hopefully the FMIC will go on this weekend:norty: and soon it will be sent to Ives!!!

MR400 11 July 2006 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by mneame
i would have it remapped but it's the early type.

This isn't going to be a problem for much longer, realtime optimisation of the factory ECU is currently being tested and should be available in the very near future ;)

V4JDMSTi 11 July 2006 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by MR400
This isn't going to be a problem for much longer, realtime optimisation of the factory ECU is currently being tested and should be available in the very near future ;)

sounds very interesting. keep me posted :thumb: