ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   just had my cherry popped (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/526768-just-had-my-cherry-popped.html)

Tuts bird 02 July 2006 12:17 AM

My mate decided he wanted a lift home from work the other day. He lives 5 min walk from station but fancied a trip out in our Scoob.

He kept trying to get me to drive like an arse and said, in a very surprised tone, "so you CAN drive these things sensibly then?!"

People have a preconceived idea of how Scoobs are driven, including the old bill. I just wave when I see them and am in uniform, they tend not to follow me then.

Get fed up with little boys in tinkered with "my first car and it's got free insurance!" trying it on and pushing me to race them. Ain't gonna happen kiddo. I drive an ambulance, can go through red lights and get past you whenever I fancy when I'm at work, I just happen to like driving the Scoob.

Maz 02 July 2006 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by The Rig
sod all this 0-60 crap, my 11" beats you all !

Can't compare with my GTI.

Genuine twelve incher!!:D

shoobydoo 03 July 2006 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Marky9074
Welcome, I'll be the one launching ahead of you at the lights in my 3.2 DSG......

Owning an Impreza does not make you a road hero....but enjoy!

sorry for the late reply but i dont want to be a road hero or a born again boy racer its just nice to know if some smart arse in a car bought by daddy thinks he can now give me some its great to know i can give some back:didnt have much chance in the merc:plus i get far more pleasure driving slow watching people stare than driving fast watching people think what a pri*k. PS it is quite fast for me though and that makes me chuffed...

Marky9074 03 July 2006 12:56 PM

Glad you like it, and enjoy. I dont get it with all the fast talk on here, I drive slow (ish), so I actually enjoy the cars and the experience, whats the point if you drive everywhere flat out :cuckoo:

Justs adds fuel to the fire of the already tarnished Impreza image...

Marky9074 03 July 2006 01:04 PM

And no DCI Gene Hunt, I am not driving slow to ensure my new hair style stays in place :D

New_scooby_04 03 July 2006 01:04 PM

Glad you like it, and enjoy. I dont get it with all the fast talk on here, I drive slow (ish), so I actually enjoy the cars and the experience, whats the point if you drive everywhere flat out :cuckoo:

Justs adds fuel to the fire of the already tarnished Impreza image...

As opposed to the untarnished TT image?? ;) :D :D

A mate of mine sold his and got an Evo, I asked why, as I didn't think he'd enjoy the "boy racer image". His reply, I kid you not:

"I'd rather have people think I'm a boy racer than a bi-sexual estate agent!" :eek: :D :D

Ns04

shoobydoo 03 July 2006 01:05 PM

quite funny the impreza image:thought all drivers might be like bikers (you know nod of the head when you pass each other that kind of thing:Took car to whitby testerday thought id acknowledge a few scoobys who passed me going other way no response:Am i right to think this or did i just catch a few people on a bad day testerday(i actually like the thing the bikers do nice sense of belonging)

Marky9074 03 July 2006 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04
As opposed to the untarnished TT image?? ;) :D :D

A mate of mine sold his and got an Evo, I asked why, as I didn't think he'd enjoy the "boy racer image". His reply, I kid you not:

"I'd rather have people think I'm a boy racer than a bi-sexual estate agent!" :eek: :D :D

Ns04

The thing we have to accept (with any car) is that there are enthusiasts (like us) but also complete twats that bring down the image of the car one way or another...

Ying and yang I guess...

If people want to imply that I'm a chav for driving the Impreza or a bi-sexual estate agent because I drive a TT, then thats their opinion, and they have all got one...like arseholes...

But I have to say that it is getting a bit childish this TT (and other car) bashing (not meaning explicitly this thread, just scoobynet in general).

On the TT forum there is nothing like it, just enthusiasts, like scoobynet was all those years ago....

Let and let live I say :luvlove:, and channel all this negative energy into restoring the image of the cars, instead of having a pop at one another...

Mark

New_scooby_04 03 July 2006 02:31 PM

The thing we have to accept (with any car) is that there are enthusiasts (like us) but also complete twats that bring down the image of the car one way or another...

Ying and yang I guess...

If people want to imply that I'm a chav for driving the Impreza or a bi-sexual estate agent because I drive a TT, then thats their opinion, and they have all got one...like arseholes...

But I have to say that it is getting a bit childish this TT (and other car) bashing (not meaning explicitly this thread, just scoobynet in general).

On the TT forum there is nothing like it, just enthusiasts, like scoobynet was all those years ago....

Let and let live I say :luvlove:, and channel all this negative energy into restoring the image of the cars, instead of having a pop at one another...

Mark

Hi Mark,

Just to clarify, I wasn't having a pop at you or the TT mate! Just illustrating your point that no matter what you drive, you're probably going to attract some negative sterotypes. So, you may as well drive what you like, enjoy it and to hell with what others think! :thumb:

Ns04

Marky9074 03 July 2006 02:53 PM

Thanks for that, yeah, I knew you wasnt having a pop at me :) ....

Cheers,

Mark