ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Black impreza stolen with blackjax (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/511831-black-impreza-stolen-with-blackjax.html)

d4ve_h4y 01 May 2006 10:54 AM

gutted hope its found fast and in one piece!

as for the keeping car safe talk.......you can spend all the money in the world protecting it but if some1 really wants your car theyre gonna get it one way or another. thats the lovely world we live in today.

rgv_stu 01 May 2006 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by pantelis
???

the blackjax is activated by first opening the drivers door and then pressing the brake pedal, if you disconnect the brake pedal switch ......see where im coming from...

gazza-uk 01 May 2006 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by rgv_stu
the blackjax is activated by first opening the drivers door and then pressing the brake pedal, if you disconnect the brake pedal switch ......see where im coming from...

you dont need to press the brake ped to activate blackjax - try it :thumb:

rgv_stu 01 May 2006 11:15 AM

so what else triggers it then ?

jpor 01 May 2006 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by rgv_stu

Sorry to hear about the car being stolen.
A clue to how they got past the blackjax is with the broken window no? In other words broke the window, climbed through and got the car started that way, without setting off the blackjax? I take it your car is not a UK model? As these did come with the RAC Trackstar Tracker as standard. So if this is not activated, then the cloned key theory comes into play.
Anyway sorry about your loss. As a fellow STI owner I will too be looking out for new ways to protect my car.

gazza-uk 01 May 2006 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by jpor
A clue to how they got past the blackjax is with the broken window no? In other words broke the window, climbed through and got the car started that way, without setting off the blackjax? I take it your car is not a UK model? As these did come with the RAC Trackstar Tracker as standard. So if this is not activated, then the cloned key theory comes into play.
Anyway sorry about your loss. As a fellow STI owner I will too be looking out for new ways to protect my car.

very good point Detective jpor, by climbing through the window BlackJax would not be activated.... so should activate next time they open the door..

but saying that.... my BlackJax has not been installed correctly (ie not wired to the courtesey lights) and it activates on 1st ignition

Martin-STI 01 May 2006 11:26 AM

Would smashing the window not trigger the alarm???

Sorry to hear of your loss, from a fellow Black STI owner.

I am now starting to wonder what security to fit now, already has Blackjac, Tracker etc.

gazza-uk 01 May 2006 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Martin-STI
Would smashing the window not trigger the alarm???

Sorry to hear of your loss, from a fellow Black STI owner.

I am now starting to wonder what security to fit now, already has Blackjac, Tracker etc.

He only had blackjax, not a "full" Clifford Alarm

jpor 01 May 2006 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by gazza-uk
very good point Detective jpor, by climbing through the window BlackJax would not be activated.... so should activate next time they open the door..

but saying that.... my BlackJax has not been installed correctly (ie not wired to the courtesey lights) and it activates on 1st ignition

"Elementary my dear gazza-uk" :)

scoobyace 01 May 2006 11:45 AM

any news m8888888888888888 ????????? i am loooking out in london 4 u mate
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

KiwiGTI 01 May 2006 11:46 AM

I wouldn't want it back anyway now - surely that's the reason we pay so much insurance?

rooferman 01 May 2006 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by jpor

It doesn,t matter whether they didn,t open a door to get in,because you would have to open the door to get out in the first place thus activating the blackjaxx?:)

Brun 01 May 2006 02:12 PM

Why would you have to open the door to get out?

stew911 01 May 2006 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Brun

good point, wouldn't you exit the car by leaving the same way?

rooferman 01 May 2006 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Brun

When you get out of your car you go out the window do you!!!

The system would be activated when you left the car.:)

scoobfan 01 May 2006 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by rooferman

The system would be activated when you left the car.:)

I'm sorry, that did make me chuckle !:lol1:

Anyway, I'm local so will keep them peeled for you mate.

Rob

pantelis 01 May 2006 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by mark28
any news yet on the car, are you local to the show ground??

No news and in Coventry.

pantelis 01 May 2006 08:07 PM

My system uses (used!) a hidden micro switch. If a door is opened OR the ignition turned off it needs to be pressed. It was VERY well hidden and cant be seen and I specified where it should go. Countless lifts have been given to friends and none have ever noticed me do it.

Actually now I think about it, I can't be positive it did re set when the ignition was turned off. Will contact the fitters tomorrow if only to eliminate the climb through window theory. Surely, the more we know the more we can be prepared!

wonfa 01 May 2006 08:10 PM

yeah any news on the car
as a bobby local to the show ground and a scooby owner if the car hasnt been found by now it will turn up in a week or two after doing a security van robbery!!
every scooby i know thats been stolen in warwickshire gets used in a robbery or fag break at a shop, they dont get used to ram just to get away in.
a couple of weeks ago i found a p1 in a lock up that was stolen and had been used in 3 separate robberys, the only damage it has was a parking dent! and different plates
i hope it turns up
oh and before anyone asks it had a tracker and the thiefs found it and took it out
craig

The Rig 01 May 2006 08:12 PM

i always thought they got nicked and sent to japan, and vice versa !!

wonfa 01 May 2006 08:21 PM

no not usually, there quick enough to out run police cars have four doors and good size boot, they fit four big balaclava'd blokes comfortably and have plenty of room for the swag!!

pantelis 01 May 2006 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by wonfa
no not usually, there quick enough to out run police cars have four doors and good size boot, they fit four big balaclava'd blokes comfortably and have plenty of room for the swag!!

lol!

I assume you're Leamington or Kenilworth if local?

wonfa 01 May 2006 08:35 PM

nuneaton but its near enough i still have to cover some of the shows sometimes

Spoon 01 May 2006 09:12 PM

Back up for the locals.

D.M.P.D 01 May 2006 09:29 PM

New user here guys, pantelis mate.

I deal a lot with Vw and Audis and for these type of car to be stolen you really need the keys for that car, thats why theres so many of them stolen with the keys after people break into houses to steel them first.

Theres three ways around the vw/audi system

1, Swap the ECU,CLOCKS,KEYS for a set that will work the correct engine code, a little time consuiming for a quick get away and a little hit and miss.

2, Have a company do an immbolizer defeat (quite common now due to people putting these engines into older cars)

3, Have a clone of the key made, would only take 20min or so for a top notch lock smith to do.

I think you need to look at the places this car has been

Previous owner ?

Places that have had the car for work to be done? (dont matter how good the company is, it only takes one person that works there to be a scum bag to copy the key in there lunch hour)

Im 100% sure its been taken with the key and the glass was just dumped there to put people onto a different track.

After all the car was seen driving off.

rooferman 01 May 2006 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by pantelis
My system uses (used!) a hidden micro switch. If a door is opened OR the ignition turned off it needs to be pressed. It was VERY well hidden and cant be seen and I specified where it should go. Countless lifts have been given to friends and none have ever noticed me do it.

Actually now I think about it, I can't be positive it did re set when the ignition was turned off. Will contact the fitters tomorrow if only to eliminate the climb through window theory. Surely, the more we know the more we can be prepared!

I don,t think this is Cliffords blackjaxx system........Blackjaxx has a pin code not a hidden switch.

pantelis 01 May 2006 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by rooferman
I don,t think this is Cliffords blackjaxx system........Blackjaxx has a pin code not a hidden switch.

I specified a switch instead of the code. A while back they took a couples keys from their house. When they saw the pin thing they marched back into the house and dragged him out to show them the code. Thats why I asked for a hidden switch.

Brun 02 May 2006 07:16 AM

Thats why I asked for a hidden switch
Will they not march you out to show them the hiden switch :confused:

Brun 02 May 2006 07:19 AM

No - i also don't get in via the window.
You haven't answered my question. If they have gone to the bother of climbing in through the window, why would they "have" to use the door to get out?

AndyLyman 02 May 2006 07:37 AM

Sorry to hear about your Scoob mate.......

It might be a good idea to add it on here http://www.twoc.co.uk/

It will further the search in hope to getting it back....

Andy