ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Have we been labelled (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/507968-have-we-been-labelled.html)

specialx 15 April 2006 06:13 PM

We at the clinic call it subaru racism, having to road test quite a lot of cars in a working week we see it all the time, other scoob owners normally wave and smile whilst a number of other car owners visualy give two fingered gestures, wrist motions and often lip sync w***er! or words to that effect.
I even had one guy follow me round to my house and kick off about somthing non car related only to end up stating "bloody subaru drivers your all the f***in same"............. Cheers then.

You are not on your own, what it is though is some kind of jealousy that I dont understand, but your right not to tackle these guys, you really dont know if they are tooled up or not.

Cheers
Kev.

New_scooby_04 15 April 2006 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by GSUS

B) If you were unbelievably upset with the fact that i have a rather nice car and you drive a beaten up old Punto, stop smoking the crack rocks, get a job and try achieve something in your life (to stand a better chance of getting that job, please see point A, i'm sure it'll help)

Regards

LOL! :thumb:

Ns04

GSUS 15 April 2006 06:42 PM

Wow

Wow, i really didn't expect that kind of a reaction to this post. But it seems that many of you have experienced similiar problems.

When i read these posts i realise that owning a Subaru is more then just owning the ultimate fun sports car but it's also being part of a community.

I've read all the negative posts recently and i don't believe they are justified, i wanna thank you guys for firstly cheering me up, secondly making me realise i done the right thing and thirdly getting rid of the crap feeling i had inside over this situation.

Thank you

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

fieldy 15 April 2006 06:46 PM

:thumb:

Anger 15 April 2006 06:49 PM

You did the right thing mate :)
scoobycat on here was on the same bit of road and went to over take a clio and they rammed his scooby on the side.
They stopped when he did and got out of the car looking like they were ready for trouble, so he got there reg and drove off and phoned the police.
Best to be save mate

James

kingofturds 17 April 2006 01:57 PM

Just had some cheese end try it on with me coming off the dual carriageway, some silly cow trying to overtake,not even keeping up. approaching a roundabout i slow down(like the signs say) and indicate to get in lane however, she is still hell bent on getting past and accelerates up to my bumper and starts flashing her lights, at this point the bloke in the passenger seat starts giving us the wnaker sign and proceeds to film the back end of my car whilst she is driving 3ft from my bumper for the next 2 miles intermittently flashing at me . Finally have enough and pull into a lay by expecting them to follow and they drive on like faggots not even havibg the balls to look me in the eye:mad:

stevebt 17 April 2006 02:24 PM

video phones are great for muppets like him, i would of video'd him chasing after me confronted him took a hiding and waited for the compensation claim money to come rolling in with video evedence :D

kingofturds 17 April 2006 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by stevebt
video phones are great for muppets like him, i would of video'd him chasing after me confronted him took a hiding and waited for the compensation claim money to come rolling in with video evidence :D

Police would have probably used the footage of me videoing him as evidence of me using a mobile phone whilst driving and given me £60 fine and 3 points though. I dont know what he would have got on his phone being so close anyway,apart from the spoiler.

Im normally a very placid person but i admit i can become a bit of a monster when i get behind the wheel ,with regards to road rage. It seems to totally change my personality when i get into these situations:mad:

davidpa 17 April 2006 02:57 PM

that is spot on lol

kingofturds 17 April 2006 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by davidpa
that is spot on lol

It is especially true for me,anyone who knows me will tell you how laid back I am but when i get behind the wheel of a car i totally change.
Was trying to reverse park in asda once and this car kept revving his engine and beeping at me and shouting to get a move on,I flip get out of the car ready to explode and ,only to find my Mum and Dad laughing their heads off:lol1:

moneys 17 April 2006 03:12 PM

Ive personnaly never had a problem and can honestly say hand on heart i dont know how id react. it might be the fact i drive a wagon though as there not as much in your face with spoilers and the like. i only ever seem to get people admiring my car so maybe you should sell your saloon and join the wagon club;)

white 17 April 2006 03:18 PM

Looks like I better start getting 'tooled up' ready for the day when my STi arrives :lol1:

kingofturds 17 April 2006 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by white
Looks like I better start getting 'tooled up' ready for the day when my STi arrives :lol1:

The most lethal weapons i have in my sti are a scooby do in the back window and a few cds. maybe i sould combine scooby do's matal spine and the cd to create some ninja death stars:D

ewanrw 17 April 2006 03:33 PM

Never had any troubles with pishy cars and their drivers challenging me. However, I have had plenty comments about being 23 with a new Impreza, then 24 with a Lotus and surprisingly mostly from people who have claimed to be a friend.

scooby-si 17 April 2006 03:33 PM

id would have stopped and spread his nose over his face:mad:

kingofturds 17 April 2006 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by scooby-si
id would have stopped and spread his nose over his face:mad:

Felt like it mate, however after 4 beers and a phonecall from work saying i dont go back till onday i am chilled out now:)