ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   Attempt to purchase Focus ST (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/506587-attempt-to-purchase-focus-st.html)

Nat 11 April 2006 10:00 AM

Loads of Fordies getting STs on the privilege scheme here!

NWMark 11 April 2006 10:04 AM

I ordered an ST3, mid Jan and i still havent got a build date, looks like it will be June before i see my car.

Just dont believe how badly ford have messed this one up, the amount of cancelled orders and dealers not taking orders ive heard of is unreal, Ford have shot themselves in the foot.

Mark

p.s. Privilege is available (on ST2 and ST3) and you get around 20% off depending on spec and options.

EP82 11 April 2006 10:26 AM

Errm, whats wayne rooney buying a 20k hot hatch for?

A friend of a friend ordered an ST3 a while ago, the last he heard was that people who were promised their cars in feb/mar are now looking at jun/jul for delivery!

homerjay 11 April 2006 11:32 AM

im sorry but this waiting lark is bolx, do they not realise people will buy sommit else?

if i ordered, i'd be bored of the damn thing before it even arrived!

Wish 11 April 2006 12:05 PM

Edit they have sold all there new stock, but have a 4700 mile demo for sale @ £17495

P555 WRC 11 April 2006 12:11 PM

How about a Skoda Octavia vRS?

...or a diesel Fabia vRS?

homerjay 11 April 2006 12:30 PM

wish
cheers fer the info

p555 wrc
if they did the octavia engine in the fabia, maybe i could be persuaded...

Andy M3 11 April 2006 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by P555 WRC
...or a diesel Fabia vRS?

:wonder:

Sub97 11 April 2006 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by EP82

A friend of a friend ordered an ST3 a while ago, the last he heard was that people who were promised their cars in feb/mar are now looking at jun/jul for delivery!

I seem to recall him having a sponsorship deal or something similar with Ford.

When he first passed his test he was pictured in a SportKa. I assumed he would only be driving something like this if he was paid to - not having a go at SportKa's, just not what most millionaire 17 year old lads would buy :)

MTayler 11 April 2006 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by mightyyid
Correct about the ST not being on Ford's Priviledge scheme. A mate when to get one and was told that due to high demand throughout the country, they have been taken off until all customer orders have calmed down. Which basically means they are selling a lot of them. Nice...

Think someone's getting their wires crossed here, Ford employees don't get discount on the Focus ST, but do get discount on ST2 & ST3.
Apparently the reason being what with our discount it does'nt work out economical for us to go any lower than ST2.
That clears that up :D .

homerjay 12 April 2006 09:40 AM

along the same lines, when i went to try and buy one of these, both salesmen said i cant even order a ST-1 coz they aint building any at the moment...

P555 WRC 12 April 2006 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by homerjay
wish
cheers fer the info

p555 wrc
if they did the octavia engine in the fabia, maybe i could be persuaded...

You should take the Fabia for a test drive, they're good wee motors. A VW in disguise. OK, it's not going to outhandle the likes of an Impreza but it has a good bit of grunt, and even more with a remap (think this would take it to around 170/180bhp and 300lb torque with a remap alone). And it still averages well over 40mpg!

Even Colin McRae gave it the thumbs up... but it depends what you're looking for I suppose!

Matt Classic 12 April 2006 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by EP82

Coz he's a chav and they all love a fast ford ;)

wrxseeker 13 April 2006 12:39 PM

My wife bought me a copy of "Test Drive" magazine yesterday with the hot hatch shootout on the cover.

Towards the back (may be inside back cover) one of their guys rings round a few dealers asking for discount and delivery dates on a ST2.

I cant remember it exactly but one says 2 weeks (or something like that) and good discounts, the other says 3 months small discount !! :cuckoo:

The best one was broadspeed.co.uk in the end BTW.

Worth a read for £1.50 If your in the market for an ST (which also won the shootout)

homerjay 13 April 2006 01:27 PM

i did read that mag, thats what persuaded me to go look...

i'd like to know when the report was written, and how long ago they rang around for the deals?

wrxseeker 13 April 2006 09:12 PM

Photos for Magazine articles are taken around 3 months in advance I think, so any time after that for the article itself.

Dagenham motors uxbridge was the ford dealer who quoted "next week" for an ST3 in the article.