ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   F##king Speed Cameras (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/475138-f-king-speed-cameras.html)

liedetector 11 December 2005 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by DogsofWar
I've just been flashed by a bloody speed camera on the north bound carriage way of the A1 near Grantham, *******.:cry: They will be the first points and i'm going to try and make them the last, so i'm going to buy a speed camera detector so any suggestions on the best model? Sorry about the moaning but i'm well and truely pissed off.:mad:

How fast were you going?

dpb 11 December 2005 09:34 PM

Sticking to the exact limit is actually nearly as much fun as the double quick overtaking i used to employ in scooby...:D
...and im saying at least 70% of drivers glue themselves to your rear bumper..!!! and 50% will overtake if they think its possible they will get away with it.

AlanS 11 December 2005 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by Drnaz_2000
but it wasnt you driving.....it was your friends friends....whats his name now......oh....you forgot.....oh well.

in fact it was your international friend who wasn't even suppose to still be in this country following his visa expiration 10 years ago and the completion of his GCSE English course at the local college in the same year.

Leslie 12 December 2005 01:55 PM

Why did the camera flash when you passed it?

Les

AlanS 12 December 2005 03:58 PM

GATSO's do

Aztec Performance Ltd 12 December 2005 04:03 PM

old tyre + can of petrol + a match = Job done ;)

OllyK 12 December 2005 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis
Digital images are not admissable as evidence - as they can be manipulated without trace.

Pete

That means most of the Truvelos and all the SPECS are inadmissible then :rolleyes:

hedgehog 12 December 2005 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by OllyK
That means most of the Truvelos and all the SPECS are inadmissible then :rolleyes:

Someone is clearly filling in for "Pete" in the Labour Party Central Office of Citizen Beliefs and Information while Pete takes some well earned leave from informing the citizens. Clearly the new start hasn't been briefed well enough.

davegtt 12 December 2005 04:39 PM

lol... Dogsofwar, How the hell did you get flashed by one of the speed cameras on the A1 by grantham. They stand out a mile and can be seen with BAGS of time before your going through them? you mustnt have been concentrating very much.... ;)

Seriously thou, if its a Gatzo nr Colsterworth you may have been caught but if its the Truvello (forward facing camera) then you may have got away with it as I know lots of people who have been flashed by these cameras and not heard any come back.

Fingers crossed eh.

Freak 12 December 2005 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Fangoria
Just wondered
Whats the offence for driving without number plates?

I drove without a front number plate for a year (when I put on a front mounted intercooler) and never was stopped - but I had the rear one on

£30 non endorsable
Drove around for about 4 months with no plate on the front- and got LESS hassle than having a smaller font front plate on. Go figure :cuckoo:

Oh- and www.pepipoo.com - Fight the *******s.

liedetector 12 December 2005 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by DogsofWar
I've just been flashed by a bloody speed camera on the north bound carriage way of the A1 near Grantham, *******.:cry: They will be the first points and i'm going to try and make them the last, so i'm going to buy a speed camera detector so any suggestions on the best model? Sorry about the moaning but i'm well and truely pissed off.:mad:

Much cheaper to just stay within the speed limits, and much,much safer.

Freak 12 December 2005 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by liedetector
Much cheaper to just stay within the speed limits, and much,much safer.

Will you change the f*cking record retard

:rolleyes: