ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Very useful Subaru Web Site!!!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/471867-very-useful-subaru-web-site.html)

tath 19 November 2005 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by adzipalmer
After some of the comments made, I now find there are several D*CKS on this site that don't have anything else to do.

SEVERAL???!!!! :lol1:

Every site i use wants a sticky at the top with the common problems in it - strangely they never get one :ponder2:

What is wrong with putting a guide to the common problems in? How to flash fault codes, what they mean, induction kit and decat gen, which turbo for which power, who maps what etc... Please?

Luke C 19 November 2005 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by Mick
No I'm not being sarcastic - I am not a sarcastic person :nono: ... I mean I had just used Scoobynet forums since then.:thumb: - except when i can't get in to Scoobynet of course :Suspiciou ...then I go to SIDC forums to check if Scoobynet is down ;) - there always someone putting a thread on :lol1:

Mick :D

LOL :D

Pete Warburton 19 November 2005 01:34 AM

well someone who isnt happy with the **** what ppl talk on here, are you surprised?

No i dont think so.

We are all impreza drivers, so whats the point in taking the piss.

Non at all.

I bid you goodbye

Luke C 19 November 2005 01:47 AM

tumbleweed.....................

Pete Warburton 19 November 2005 01:49 AM

Tumble weed? Is that what you ppl run your sheds on?

Brun 19 November 2005 01:55 AM

You've said good bye twice now!!!!!!!
If you don't like the place - sod off.....................

Luke C 19 November 2005 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by Brun
You've said good bye twice now!!!!!!!
If you don't like the place - sod off.....................

:lol:

Class! :D:D:D

Luke C 19 November 2005 01:58 AM

Yeah we are "all impreza drivers"

But now we drive sheds???

:cuckoo:

WTF?

Jackass! :D

Brun 19 November 2005 01:59 AM

:thumb:

Luke C 19 November 2005 01:59 AM

Almost as good as 'Warburton, is that what bread you eat...HA HA HA'

:brickwall:

Pete Warburton 19 November 2005 02:03 AM

What is the problem with you people.

We all drive the same Jap motor, but when i come on here it is just piss take.

If i could post pics of my car i would, then you can all see iam serioys about what i do.

Do any of you go on the SIDC?

Brun 19 November 2005 02:05 AM

Only use SIDC if SN is down.
Feel free to post pics.
Seriously though - you ain't gonna like it round these parts if you don't like the piss taking. It is how it is.
If you stick it out though - there are many laughs to be had :D

Luke C 19 November 2005 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by Brun
Only use SIDC if SN is down.
Feel free to post pics.
Seriously though - you ain't gonna like it round these parts if you don't like the piss taking. It is how it is.
If you stick it out though - there are many laughs to be had :D

Cant say any fairer than that!

yeah we take the piss. So what?

Please post some pics. Show us a real Subaru! :D

paulcornwall 19 November 2005 02:12 AM

Being a newly myself some basic links like that can be very useful, most of you guys are great but in my opinion there are a few that give unnecessary comments. Sometimes i feel a tw*t asking question on here because of the attitude of some replies. Dont get me wrong most forums have there fair share of this but Scoobynet seems to have more than the average in my opinion.
This is a great board but would be even better if this could be reduced.

Pete Warburton 19 November 2005 02:17 AM

Well go to www.sidc.co.uk andno 1 takes the piss there

Luke C 19 November 2005 02:17 AM

People usually take the piss if you ask something without first checking to see if it has been discussed before. Its worth doing a search first as you will find most things can be answered without a post.

I have found out so much about my car this way and it has been really helpfull.

Its just that sometimes people ask the most ridiculous questions. If you are THAT stupid why are you even allowed to drive? :cuckoo:

This BBS is good but you need to take it with a little more than a pinch of salt.

Chin up, it aint all that bad!

Take this for instance.

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=471841

People do not agree with me and say they dislike things on my car. Did I take offence? No. Was I gratefull that people had commented? Yes!

Luke C 19 November 2005 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by paulcornwall
Being a newly myself some basic links like that can be very useful, most of you guys are great but in my opinion there are a few that give unnecessary comments. Sometimes i feel a tw*t asking question on here because of the attitude of some replies. Dont get me wrong most forums have there fair share of this but Scoobynet seems to have more than the average in my opinion.
This is a great board but would be even better if this could be reduced.

Dont forget that Scoobynet is one of the biggest if not the biggest BBS so you will always get MORE than your fair share of all sorts of people. :thumb:

paulcornwall 19 November 2005 02:22 AM

Yeah i know, just had to voice my opinion, soz. As i said 90% are top ppl:thumb:

Originally Posted by Luke C
Dont forget that Scoobynet is one of the biggest if not the biggest BBS so you will always get MORE than your fair share of all sorts of people. :thumb:

Pete Warburton 19 November 2005 02:27 AM

Yes but no need to slag the SIDC off like some people did earlier in the thread.

If you ask a ? on the SIDC people answer it and not take the piss, thats the bad thing about scoobynet.

Most people are just joining the scooby thing and dont have an idea about the car, they come on here and just get the piss ripped out of them, if this was the SIDC the moderators would of stepped in and sorted it.

I take it you have got what iam on about now.

Luke C 19 November 2005 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by paulcornwall
Yeah i know, just had to voice my opinion, soz. As i said 90% are top ppl:thumb:

Dont forget, there is a bit of a Wnaker in all of us! :D

You might just catch someone on one of those off days.... you know the Scoob just melted a piston day etc! :D:D:D

Luke C 19 November 2005 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by Pete Warburton
Yes but no need to slag the SIDC off like some people did earlier in the thread.

If you ask a ? on the SIDC people answer it and not take the piss, thats the bad thing about scoobynet.

Most people are just joining the scooby thing and dont have an idea about the car, they come on here and just get the piss ripped out of them, if this was the SIDC the moderators would of stepped in and sorted it.

I take it you have got what iam on about now.

But surely if you were to OVER MODERATE a BBS it would defeat the object? People come on to voice an opinion and have a bit of Banter. Not be told what they can and cant say.

We are after all....Adults? Are we not?.......

As far as slagging of SIDC. As was already said. Take it with a pinch of salt dude......

Pete Warburton 19 November 2005 02:30 AM

I have been on here for nearly a year and have owned a 2 scoobs, and i have not seen many things which would make me come back.

The only reason i do is to see if i can find some more people to come to our meets

Pete Warburton 19 November 2005 02:31 AM

each to they own maybe

Pete Warburton 19 November 2005 02:31 AM

Did you go to any shows this year?

Luke C 19 November 2005 02:36 AM

Jap Show (santa Pod)
Jap show Finals (santa pod)
TOTB
Jap fest
Fia Main Event
Fia Euro Finals
Wales Rally GB
JAE
Flame and thunder

Pete Warburton 19 November 2005 02:41 AM

Were you on the SIDC and Scoobycity stand @ the JAE?

Vegescoob 19 November 2005 04:01 AM

SN, fun, fun, fun.
It's folks enjoying themselves, chatting and joshing, putting the World to rights and yes, helping others.
Some attempt to dominate, ok perhaps are rude but, so what, that's what it's like in the non virtual world too.
Ignore them if you are sensitve to those types, there's always the reasonable majority.
It's a wonderful thing this 'net.
I think most of us would miss it if it was switched off tomorrow.
Some in power might like to do that.

Brun 19 November 2005 07:38 AM

Most of the shows i have been this year have been SIDC run and you lot just jump on the band wagon. How many shows does scoobynet sort out?

The only reason i do is to see if i can find some more people to come to our meets
So which is it? Do ya want us or not ;)

Johnny E 19 November 2005 07:54 AM

Imo.
SN you can have a laugh and take the p-ss.

Sidc. I can remember a lady posted a pic of her car and asked for opinions and everyone was telling her how great it looked.
But when one guy told her it looked crap ( in his opinion) everyone was giving this guy loads of stick and told him to get back to SN.

So imo if you want to suck up to everyone go to Sidc but if you want a laugh stay with SN its as easy as that......

daftiebaws 19 November 2005 08:44 AM

HI

I have read this thread form start to finish now and i have to say IMHO that there you have a case of a newbie wanting to join and has been put off and come to SIDC of which i am a big fan. thanks for the new volunteeer you festering chods!!!!

I only come to SN when SIDC is down and get bored very quickly qwith not only the **** layout of the forum here but also the general uneducated conversations that seem to take place between you all.

feel frree to smoke me!! you lot are goons.

Do SN ever do anything?? any events etc? YOU CHODS