ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Who else lives with 9 points.............. (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/464925-who-else-lives-with-9-points.html)

Moley 19 October 2005 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Andy Porter
Blah blah blah Mr Lewis..... The way you go on you've never even gone over 30 MPH or broken any law ever !

From experience they dont give a fcuk who takes the points, they dont even ask for insurance if you say someone else was driving, all they care about is the £60.

A m8 did it when he had 6 points, £250 well spent me thinks :)

My mother is likely to get some points on her licence in the future i think!!!!

Leslie 19 October 2005 02:30 PM

PSL,

Why don't you admit the brushes you have told us you had over speeding and stop being a hypocrite?

Les :(

ajm 19 October 2005 02:38 PM

As far as I'm concerned speeding shouldn't even be an offence, which is why I drive at a pace that is safe and natural regardless of what the speed limit is. I'd rather participate in safe and enjoyable driving (for which I might be 'taxed') in this manner than become yet another lifeless drone like PSL who must be told what speed to drive at and when to wipe his arse by his precious, molly coddling government. :D

Brendan Hughes 19 October 2005 03:00 PM

Gotta love people who get a driving licence, and think it says "inalienable driving right". :rolleyes:

King RA 19 October 2005 03:12 PM

I went from 0 points in all my driving career to a 20month ban and 400 quid fine. Now those 9 points don't seem to bad do they?? :)

Flatcapdriver 19 October 2005 03:27 PM

Got the nine points and the Flashguard policy, so if I lose it who cares.

fast bloke 19 October 2005 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by paul-s
no :D thats for old people

and those with nine points

lightning101 19 October 2005 03:48 PM

I thought it said pints :mad:

<looks for other drink and debauchery threads>

MikeCardiff 19 October 2005 05:32 PM

Spare a thought for those who have recently passed their test - if you get 6 points in two years its an automatic ban until you resit !

paul-s 19 October 2005 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by ajm
As far as I'm concerned speeding shouldn't even be an offence, which is why I drive at a pace that is safe and natural regardless of what the speed limit is. I'd rather participate in safe and enjoyable driving (for which I might be 'taxed') in this manner than become yet another lifeless drone like PSL who must be told what speed to drive at and when to wipe his arse by his precious, molly coddling government. :D

good comment, i go by the same principle.

turboman786 19 October 2005 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Chip Sengravy
Not neccessarily a ban, I had 9 and got gatso'd for going through a cheeky red light. Declared on the NIP that I would be going to court, went to court, explained I needed my licence for my job/wobbled bottom lip a bit, and got the points, but kept licence on a suspended 1 yr ban.

What do you mean 'suspended ban'?.....you either get the points and no ban, or get banned, theres no such thing as a 'suspended ban'.....

Notorious 19 October 2005 06:18 PM

iam 24 been driving for 6 years with no points. Got my scoob a year ago. ABout 4 months ago I received 3 points for 46mph in a 30. I knew the camera was there as I had driven that road loads but just wasnt concentrating..silly me.

Then 2 days ago i get another NIP this time taken by a "Road safety camera partnership van" I was clocked at 40 in a 30. the road is not one i drive that much but I honestly thought the road was a 40 zone so was mighty pissed when letter came through. I have since been up the road and noticed there is one sign that states 30mph but it has been badly graffitied and is almost unreadable.

Should i fight it??

bigsinky 19 October 2005 06:25 PM

Should i fight it??
if it was me i would

Turbohot 19 October 2005 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by dpb
just had NIP for 37 in a 30,pretty sure it was franchised out white van man. Have 2 ( in 2 days ) from 2 years ago ...so 1 more,in the next 18 months...(a blip of the throttle,whilst distracted by a passenger etc) and its good bye license for a year, presumably. This isnt in scooby either - had scooby for a year and can vouch for breaking ever speeding limit around.!!!
Its pure backdoor taxation im dam sure of it...:mad:..i suppose if we all spend 300 quid on a road angel that will prop up the economy for a while....:mad:

Oh you cuckoo!:D
You did it with Xzara?I cant believe that LOL!:D

**** happens mate.Just be careful in future!

:)

Robbie T 19 October 2005 07:03 PM

I have since been up the road and noticed there is one sign that states 30mph but it has been badly graffitied and is almost unreadable.
I think they will prob say something along the lines of, any road with the presence of street lights is 30 unless otherwise stated.
Just vaguely recalling something i read when learning to drive, shame i forgot the rest really :)

dpb 19 October 2005 07:10 PM

Well i had my suspicions before , its clear to me now. There are more and more drivers and less and less space - there are 2 solutions , 'tax' the present road users and/or ban them ( with fines -extra revenue) ....im sorry i just dont buy the 'SAFETY' CAMERA aspect

Luan Pra bang 19 October 2005 07:31 PM

just say that you were not the driver and take a 500 pound fine my last one was only 220 fine and 80 costs except I went to court a again and had in inreased for my trouble :rolleyes:

LPB zero points on license but very very poor from fines.

dpb 19 October 2005 07:36 PM

How does one qualify to become a private speed scameraist...

Chip Sengravy 19 October 2005 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by turboman786
What do you mean 'suspended ban'?.....you either get the points and no ban, or get banned, theres no such thing as a 'suspended ban'.....

The magistrate wrote something about exteme hardship if banned, and sent it off to swansea for the 3 points. I was then infomed that if I commited any other driving offences in the next 12 months I would be banned for a year. This was a few years ago, I was about 20 i think....I would have been OK but for the IN10 a few months previously ;)

dpb 19 October 2005 09:19 PM

The thing is im not completley opposed to driving along at 30 but for the build up of traffic behind me.....:mad:...:cuckoo:

PhilA 19 October 2005 09:45 PM

It always amazes me who threads on here turn into pissing contents, well done.

Anyway, who said your first offense would carry 3 points. I got 9 points on my clean license for crashing into someone in the snow.

R1916v 19 October 2005 10:45 PM

A woman drove into me while I was staionary in traffic @60-70mph.

Totalled mine and her car, all she got was a ****ing day on a driver improvement course, takes the piss. Her punishment was she had to do it in ehr own time and pay 100 quid for it. I said I thought 100 quid for a sex change op seemed quite a good price.

As for the comments of I'm not being told what speed to drive at etc, I quite fancy a ncie new plasma telly and that car on your drive, noone's gonna tell me I can't take them :)

Agreed the laws may be outdated but until they are changed they are still the law, sadly :( And yeah I do go over the pre defined limit now and again, but it's my own stupid fault if I'm cought.

paul-s 19 October 2005 11:48 PM

Everyone goes over the limit everyday they drive their car. If you didnt you must be a robot, no-one can admit to driving at the speed limit everywhere and anyone who does IS a liar, or over 70, especially those of you that feel the need to buy an Impreza and drive at the speed limit :rolleyes: As stated I drive my scooby at the speed I feel necessary for the conditions/road, and keep an eye out for scameras.
If it wasnt a 'Tax' they wouldnt charge such high fines there would be other punishments. As long as it remains a tax whos going to abide by such a law.
My 2 cents :D

MikeCardiff 20 October 2005 11:08 AM

Anyone else noticed that you seem to have a preset speed you are most comfortable driving at ? like a sort of natural personal speed that you'd do all the time if there were no speed limits anywhere ?

Maybe just me...

pslewis 20 October 2005 02:06 PM

We can all agree then:-

If you don't speed, you will not get any points on your license .... and YOU are the one who can choose, or choose not to, speed??

So, I would say the best advice you can all take from this is:- STOP SPEEDING!!

Its soooooo simple, sooooooo easy to understand that I struggle to see how ANYONE gets caught speeding :confused:

Pete

rik1471 20 October 2005 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis

If you don't speed, you will not get any points on your license .... and YOU are the one who can choose, or choose not to, speed??

Its soooooo simple, sooooooo easy to understand that I struggle to see how ANYONE gets caught speeding :confused:

Pete

It's not rocket science, I agree. But then again; why have a scooby turbo if you're going to trunddle round like Postman Pat and his black and white f'ing cat all day?

pslewis 20 October 2005 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by rik1471
It's not rocket science, I agree. But then again; why have a scooby turbo if you're going to trunddle round like Postman Pat and his black and white f'ing cat all day?

Because the Law of the Land says you must!! :rolleyes:

You have free will when it comes to the car you drive ... that free will does NOT extend to driving around at speeds thought excessive!!

Pete

Andy Porter 20 October 2005 02:34 PM

Pete

For fcuk sake Pete were talking about 44 in a 30 ect, get off your high horse for once in your life

PhilA 20 October 2005 02:35 PM

Pete,

I appologise on the behalf of ALL members here including myself of course, because we are not as perfect as you. Sorry.

paul-s 20 October 2005 06:12 PM

Because the Law of the Land says you must!! :rolleyes:

You have free will when it comes to the car you drive ... that free will does NOT extend to driving around at speeds thought excessive!!

Pete

you mug

we're laughing AT you pete