ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Electronic - Was It You - Tag in your car?? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/419175-electronic-was-it-you-tag-in-your-car.html)

SwishOvBolton 14 April 2005 03:53 PM

i dont see the point of knowing someone in a scoob if he logs on scoobynet or not ,

it be more fun if you drove past one and it flashed up , what mods they have on the car , etc etc ,

but just the fact if he logs on tinternet or not ,

bt the sounds of it , it looks like someone will be riding around with one being the only 1 with it in there car ,

it would be easier have a scoobynet sticker`s in your back window , and then go into the WAS IT YOU section

90 nicker better off

v5 man 14 April 2005 08:17 PM

I`d get one if everyone else was buying too:) No point if only 3 scoob owners have them in the world:) In fact, I`d want to see thousands`s sold before I bought one:(

Deep Singh 14 April 2005 08:24 PM

What are you people on? Why oh why do you need one of these?

ThrustSSC 14 April 2005 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis
I was shocked at the price :eek:

Thats 22 pairs of Tesco Jeans!!! :D ;)

And would I be safe if someone got a bleep that the old git thats just beat them off the lights is pslewis!! :eek: ;) :D

Pete

OMG, pslewis is actually Jeremy Clarkson! Someone should have told us!

v5 man 14 April 2005 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Deep Singh

Bit of fun? chill out brother, take a walk in the park with your shoes off:D

Musicman 15 April 2005 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by R25 sti
im into gadgets and toot on my dash,ill have one.although i live in herefordshire. i recon ill be bottom of any table.

I'll bleep at you mate. I work in Herts. :)

Well up for getting one of those gadgets, bugger the cost. I love the good old "Proffesional" scooby wave and the comradery that goes with it. It's the done thing.

speedking 15 April 2005 08:49 AM

I doubt it will have the range to reach from Herefordshire to Hertfordshire :D

Brendan Hughes 15 April 2005 10:05 AM

I'd forget the software and leader board thing. All I'd ask for is a small but powerful light, mounted top-right of the windscreen, which does a rapid double-flash (gatso-style:D) as it passes a car with another unit - the electronic "scooby wave". And the other user's name could be displayed on, say, the car's RDS radio display for 5 seconds - no need for separate screen. So you have an auto-recogniser.

GirlieTrucker 15 April 2005 10:36 AM

It'd have to be a dual-BBS model, cuz i'd have to split my loyalty between Scoobynet in the day, and Trucknet at night.. :)

Luv
Chrisie...

tomp 15 April 2005 12:06 PM

What are the tech specs behind this -- don't want it interfering with my sensitive electronic stuff (pacemaker, phone, pda, bluetooth, stereo, etc.)

Tom

SPEN555 15 April 2005 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Deep Singh

PMSL!

The mind boggles doesn't it?

Maddy 15 April 2005 12:59 PM

gadgets

I'm a bit of a sucker for gadgets, have to admit (I wish i could snap out of it) :D , It's a nice idea however could easily be abused tho, drop your unit on the m25 with a plugin battery for a week and your clearly up on the leaderboard, I'm sure the big meet like the Northern big one would cause a few issues also.

Personally for 90 quid I would rather buy a incar CB radio system, and use a known frequency for scoobynet drivers, would be good for meetups/ convoys etc or just listening in, I know it's slightly drifting away from the concept.

30 quid for the ID unit and I would concider it.

good luck

Maddy :D

harvey 15 April 2005 02:23 PM

Web Master : Am I missing something here? I thought I posted on this thread when it first started and there was a poll attached. My thread and the poll seem to have gone missing or am I mistaken???

Phil 15 April 2005 04:42 PM

there is also a thread in the was it you forum ;)

Phil 15 April 2005 04:44 PM

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=419174

Allan 15 April 2005 05:23 PM

Simon,
Do you know the technology being used for this, RFID ?

Allan

ex-webby 15 April 2005 06:55 PM

hi allan

i do, but am not sure if any of it is confidential..

ask any questions and i'll find out.

cheers

simon

Allan 15 April 2005 08:42 PM

OK no problem ;) just interested.

I'm guessing this is using "RFID" (radio frequency identification), same method that the dart tag system uses.

Allan

harvey 15 April 2005 09:22 PM

Cheers Phil. I looked there too but could not find my post although it did say I had voted already. Strange.

harvey 15 April 2005 09:33 PM

Strange but true. These things can happen on Scoobynet.
Try again:

Web Master : Am I missing something here? I thought I posted on this thread when it first started and there was a poll attached. My thread and the poll seem to have gone missing or am I mistaken???

SPEN555 15 April 2005 09:52 PM

Harvey,

I remember seeing your post when the thread was started, you were either the first or second to reply to it.

I can't remember if it was this thread though.

Damian.

Karl-AL 15 April 2005 11:43 PM

A bit dear at £90, but sounds like a good idea.

Deep Singh 16 April 2005 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by v5 man
Bit of fun? chill out brother, take a walk in the park with your shoes off:D

Ok, chilling out

ex-webby 16 April 2005 11:57 PM

harvey

apologies for the delay in replying, I assumed your question had been answered by phil.

It appears your post was removed. I think this may have been a mistake though, apologies.

Cheers

Simon

Tashman 17 April 2005 11:43 AM

Sounds good if around the 50quid mark (or less..........LOL)

Tash,

harvey 18 April 2005 12:10 AM

It appears your post was removed. I think this may have been a mistake though, apologies
Simon.

So why was a perfectly innocuos post removed?

Musicman 18 April 2005 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by speedking
I doubt it will have the range to reach from Herefordshire to Hertfordshire :D

I dare say it won't.

STi wanna Subaru 18 April 2005 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by harvey
Simon.

So why was a perfectly innocuos post removed?

Harvey, I think you posted just after I was the first to reply. I simply stated that I thought the idea was 'ghey'. My post was removed which is fair enough. Maybe yours was done at the same time by mistake. :)

ex-webby 18 April 2005 01:07 PM

harvey

we're all human. Your post was a clearly a bit of fun only, but it was also fairly pointless, and didn't include anything particularly significant, so I'm sure you wouldn't be overly upset about the loss. :)

I hope this clears it up.

regards

simon

harvey 18 April 2005 11:42 PM

Hi Simon : I am not in the least upset that my post was deleted but was interested as to the reasoning.
You wanted a view on these electronic gismos and started a poll.
I gave my view in a humerous manner and polled that I was not interested. My post was deleted without reference to me, so my vote was probably treated in the same way.
I appreciate this is quite possible if my views do not accord with your own, there is no pretence that this is a democratic bbs and as it is your train set, you can play with it how you want.