ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   I want to build my own race track (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/413848-i-want-to-build-my-own-race-track.html)

scoobyboy1 24 March 2005 09:44 PM

Well if gypsies can set up camp anywhere and build houses and live on it why cant you claim some land maybe get some gipsies to tarmac it for ya, and then invite us all round for trackday session. :idea:

ru' 24 March 2005 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by scoobyboy1
Well if gypsies can set up camp anywhere and build houses and live on it why cant you claim some land .... :idea:

I claim Snake Pass up north; park a few pikey caravans to block both ends and we've got our own nurburgring (okay, maybe not a ring as such...). Who's going to give me a fiver to have a go on my new race track??

shaunywrx 25 March 2005 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by scoobyboy1
Well if gypsies can set up camp anywhere and build houses and live on it why cant you claim some land maybe get some gipsies to tarmac it for ya, and then invite us all round for trackday session. :idea:

Quite a good idea in principle, but the tarmac would be coming up after the second lap, and you'd end up with 25 pikey's chasing you for the money that started out at £35 a metre only to suddenly become £500.000, for the tarmac they had left over from a job down the road.:D

Mk2_heaven 25 March 2005 01:10 AM

btw that place is called ascari

spec-cie 25 March 2005 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by ru'
I claim Snake Pass up north; park a few pikey caravans to block both ends and we've got our own nurburgring (okay, maybe not a ring as such...). Who's going to give me a fiver to have a go on my new race track??

Nice one ... you block it off and I'll pay you a fiver to race my car on it. Let me know when you're ready to go ... :)

ru' 25 March 2005 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by spec-cie
Nice one ... you block it off and I'll pay you a fiver to race my car on it. Let me know when you're ready to go ... :)

Don't come off the road though; the pikeys will strip your car of goodies faster than piranhas strip an animal!

pnbond007 25 March 2005 10:35 AM

Ray li
I'll take you serious, keep me in mind when your development happens, I'de be more than happy bringing my RA along to have a bash.

PNB

Ray_li 25 March 2005 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by pnbond007
Ray li
I'll take you serious, keep me in mind when your development happens, I'de be more than happy bringing my RA along to have a bash.

PNB

Im crazy but you're very smart for saying that. not like the other loosers thats lost their invite :D

pnbond007 25 March 2005 11:52 AM

I have dreams too....
I like most guy's on here would if financially possible love to have a plot of land somwhere, to have set-up in a way to enjoy our/your/their passion, somewhere to meet & have a blast.

In the meantime I get my kicks out of the odd rally school & GT-4

PNB

Andy_1271 25 March 2005 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Mk2_heaven
btw that place is called ascari

that's the puppy!

I think he may be the german bloke that was mentioned earlier

Ansari are the bunch who did the x-prize for privately funded spaceflight!

scoobyboy1 25 March 2005 04:30 PM

When my dad use to be in the Army we were based in Bishop Stortford near cambridge when I was about 10, and the army camp we lived on had a runway that was used in the war, and everyone who lived on the camp used to take there cars on there for a thrash, I think the Military of defense have sold it of now, but if you could pick something like that up how much fun could you have. :idea: