ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Suspension (https://www.scoobynet.com/suspension-12/)
-   -   prodrive springs (https://www.scoobynet.com/suspension-12/408130-prodrive-springs.html)

T5NYW 06 March 2005 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Dazza's-STi
Ok i have Eibach's on my Sti My03 and they are superb... the ride quality is much much better than the standard springs... I can't actualy believe they released the car in that way... the standard setup is crap.

it rides bang on now doesn't feel like your on a north sea ferry when hard cornering...

Dazza,
If I had nice smooth roads with nice Tarmac, I'd agree with you :D:D

Unfortunately where I live the roads are really Cr4p, potholes bumps and Patches are the norm :mad: with Eibachs on to many occasions hit the the stops with a bang :( I then fitted Prodrive springs 2 years on and no problems, seem to get be a nice balance for both comfort and Handling :D for the roads they are still crap :(

Tony

STi_Bob 07 March 2005 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by T5NYW
Dazza,
If I had nice smooth roads with nice Tarmac, I'd agree with you :D:D

Unfortunately where I live the roads are really Cr4p, potholes bumps and Patches are the norm :mad: with Eibachs on to many occasions hit the the stops with a bang :( I then fitted Prodrive springs 2 years on and no problems, seem to get be a nice balance for both comfort and Handling :D for the roads they are still crap :(

Tony

I'm probably going to buy the springs and go to Powerstation to get them fitted - at least I'll have piece of mind that a good job has been done and the settings will be to their spec (Type 25 Spec)... and I know that uses AST suspension, but the toe in / camber etc. will be virtually the same.

Its going to cost less too. The question is..... does it void the warranty if its not fitted by the dealers?!?!?

davedipster 07 March 2005 05:33 PM

I really like the std 03sti springs, am I mad?

Dipster

JIM THEO 07 March 2005 06:44 PM

If you haven't yet drive a car with better springs...no you aren't :)

davedipster 07 March 2005 07:33 PM

Anyone willing to lend me their prodrive sprung car for a while :)

Dipster

Dazza's-STi 07 March 2005 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by davedipster
I really like the std 03sti springs, am I mad?

Dipster

drive mine...!

fuji 07 March 2005 10:57 PM

Whilst we are on the subject of springs, has anybody had to take up
Powerstations offer of "money back if you're not satisfied with the ride quality" on their Type25 AST coilover suspension. Hope to have them fitted soon but I am still anxious about the ride quality i.e. way too stiff for road use? Anyone driven or own a Type25 and could comment.

JIM THEO 08 March 2005 08:45 AM

From what have been informed they aren't so stiff, BUT, ask them to sell you similar setup with Whiteline Group4s, although they are AST made they have some critical differences (boots, top hats etc).
JIM

ColinM 08 March 2005 05:54 PM

Does anyone know how much the Prodrive WRX 05 springs lower the car by ? It doesn't say on the Subaru site.

JIM THEO 08 March 2005 06:12 PM

About 2,5cm front - more or less 2cm rear.