ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   any1 remember happy hardcore... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/406597-any1-remember-happy-hardcore.html)

Spring Heeled Jack 26 February 2005 06:30 PM

ocean colour scene

ROTFLMAO :lol:

astraboy 26 February 2005 06:35 PM

heh, well tonight might be a bit short notice to attend Milton keynes ;) but I'll let you know if Rez return, like they said they would.
astraboy.

eClaire 26 February 2005 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Spring Heeled Jack
ocean colour scene

ROTFLMAO :lol:

Fook off!! LOL :D They're the bestest.

I remember posting back in 2002/2003 about going to see Ocean Colour Scene play.

I think Brendan Hughes (or one of the other olde faithfuls of SN) replied

'Claire, 1996 rang, they want their concert tickets back'

Saxo Boy found it highly amusing. :Whatever_ :nono: :razz:

W 12 X T C 26 February 2005 06:36 PM

used to be a dj from 1990 to 2000. check this site bud.
http://www.backtotheoldskool.co.uk/r...tory_index.htm

eClaire 26 February 2005 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by astraboy
heh, well tonight might be a bit short notice to attend Milton keynes ;) but I'll let you know if Rez return, like they said they would.
astraboy.

You better had do!! :)

Bear in mind I am getting married on 24th June 2005 and giving birth end of September, though :)

Daft Lad 26 February 2005 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by W 12 X T C

Cheers for that, what style did you used to play most? I'm only DJing as a hobby at the moment, using mostly happy, but got a smattering of old skool and the newer trancey stuff

+Doc+ 26 February 2005 07:53 PM

Bonkers albums are still being produced, Happy Hardcore :D you gotta love it.

GC8 26 February 2005 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by eClaire
LOL :D 31? Yer a spring chicken!! :)

If we all like the same things, the world would be boring! But there would be less conflict and possibly no war ;)

I'm a brit pop/indie kid at heart - always have been. I think it's a lyrical thing as well as a musical thing - They wrote about things I could relate to more than Toy Towns and shooting stars ;)

I am 21 and the people I know who listened to rave music shop lifted, wore kappa tracksuits, had children at 15, got blokes names tattoed on themselves at 14 etc and i didn't want to be associated with that. It wasn't so much that we are a different generation from you as you are only 10 years older, but those short 10 years meant a difference in understanding of the rave scene. To you it probably meant going out to raves - the people I knew were too young for that, to them it meant sitting about peoples houses in high rise flats chewing holes in their cheeks (neds/CHAVS)!! I know it is a mahoosive generalisation, but i was only 14/15/16 at the time and these things kind of stick in your mind as this is when you are discovering who you are and your beliefs. I now think differently, but still can't help having a chuckle when I think back to those sad bastids from school :D I guess what i am trying to say is Rave means different things to different age groups (in the least offensive way possible :D).

Also, I couldn't sit in and relax listening to rave music, or listen in the car; it would wind me up! I am sure when you were in your raving peak you liked listening to something a bit more mellow ;)

ps: Off to see Ocean Colour Scene on 6th April :D

Didnt I once see you say that you were looking forward to going to Niche; the home of Sheffield chav/scrubber dance culture.....?

Simon

eClaire 26 February 2005 08:06 PM

Yep :D

As I said, it was a generalisation and i don't share the same views as my 15 year old self :D

i didn't think Niche was chavvy when I went, and they certainly didn't play rave music when i went there last!! :eek:

unclebuck 26 February 2005 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by W 12 X T C

Quite an interesting site that. Shows what all the true Old Skool know - it was all but over by the end of 1993.

UB;)

paul-s 26 February 2005 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by +Doc+
Bonkers albums are still being produced, Happy Hardcore :D you gotta love it.

yea sharkey lives down the road from me, hes still doin one of the mixes on the album. i think he said another 1s out soon too

Dream Weaver 27 February 2005 10:05 AM

Hardcore has got better and better, thankfully going back to the underground a bit more these days. I dj'ed hardcore/happy hardcore back in the 90's and still have plenty of tunes here. I also still listen to it via DI, and still buy a few bonkers albums.

I like most types of music (including Ocean Colour Scene), and it really gets my goat when the shoe gazers constantly moan about rave/dance/hardcore whatever :rolleyes:

You generally find those who like rave music tend to like many genres, but the indie/petula brigade only like one genre and force it on others.

Paul, post the tune sure I can name it for you :)

Daft Lad 27 February 2005 12:11 PM

Aye come on paul, post the tune up lets have a listen :D

paul-s 27 February 2005 01:00 PM

ok if i get it as an mp3, how can i post it up ?!

paul-s 27 February 2005 02:53 PM

ok got a 35 second mp3 file now, if any1 can explain where i can place this file in order 4 u guys 2 listen to it then that'd b great. if not i can email it over

SiDHEaD 27 February 2005 02:57 PM

I got busted for roaring off at lights when i was playing happy hardcore. Just didnt notice the fully-marked up cop car directly behind me in the queue - too busy enjoying the tunes :)

SiDHEaD 27 February 2005 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by paul-s
ok got a 35 second mp3 file now, if any1 can explain where i can place this file in order 4 u guys 2 listen to it then that'd b great. if not i can email it over

I can host it!

paul-s 27 February 2005 03:01 PM

ok what should i email it to u ? its only 500k.

cheers

SiDHEaD 27 February 2005 03:03 PM

<address removed>

paul-s 27 February 2005 03:04 PM

sent now :D :D

SiDHEaD 27 February 2005 03:07 PM

Here it is

I've got it one of my HH megamixes - dunno what its called tho :(

SiDHEaD 27 February 2005 03:13 PM

That's it i'm gonna have happy hardcore on all afternoon now :D

paul-s 27 February 2005 03:18 PM

haha yes yes !! memories !

time to pull out the old tapes :D:D:D

love 2 know what that tune is called tho ? !!

SiDHEaD 27 February 2005 03:21 PM

Here is a small megamix I downloaded yesterday. Have the video to it too :cool:

Anyone want me to post a bonkers megamix ?

paul-s 27 February 2005 03:28 PM

a bonkers megamix would b quality. is it jus a random selection all mixed up ? :D

paul-s 27 February 2005 03:29 PM

aaah thats a wicked megamix :D:D

SiDHEaD 27 February 2005 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by paul-s
a bonkers megamix would b quality. is it jus a random selection all mixed up ? :D

yeah - although i don't appear to be able to find it now. I know i used to have it in the car so I must have it somewhere.

Got a couple of DJ Sy sets i could upload that aren't bad.

paul-s 27 February 2005 03:44 PM

jus emailed u a classic ! :D

SiDHEaD 27 February 2005 06:05 PM

Here is the vid for that little megamix :)

paul-s 27 February 2005 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by SiDHEaD
Here is the vid for that little megamix :)

jus downloadin now, here add me 2 ur msn if uv got it, u can transfer files across that way easy. iv got a few good un's too
scooby_turbo2003@hotmail.com