ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   The failry tale of Corby town (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/405333-the-failry-tale-of-corby-town.html)

dave honey 17 March 2006 03:02 PM

I moved form london to Northamptonshire 4 years ago and I have never known anything like it. Some of the villages are very odd with six fingers and webbed feet springing to mind. All places have bad areas and thats always what makes the news but I also work in Corby and it is truely awfull although i am sure some very nice people also live there. It also seems to have its own weather system because it is always much much colder and wet there and in the summer you can be 10 miles down the road in blazing sunshine but as soon as you enter Corby you are greeted with a grey cloud over the entire place. Its very strange but I know a few people from working there and they are very nice so not everyone should be tard with the same brush.

carmaduk 23 March 2006 10:02 AM

Apologies fot the typo guys I should have elaborated meaning of course Rockingham Raceway and it looks like big property developers have plans to flatten the whole thing :cry: The place has been quoted as one of the best race venues in the uk but the w*nkers who have been running it have literally run it into the ground...
I was just meaning to say that everywhere has its bad reputations espescially Corby it seems, in all honesty I would move away if possible but only in close proximity as its where ive grew up...I very rarely enter the town centre due to either being rammed by teenage pram drivers or stumbled into by junkies or alcys and the shops are sh*t unless you like things for a £1!!
Never mind noone is ever completely happy with where they live I guess..
I came across this thread as Im a newbie and searched on Corby to see if there was anyone nearby also on the forum.

cheers

Craig

Flatcapdriver 23 March 2006 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by alcazar
Stainforth, S.Yorks:eek:

On a par with Wath on Dearne, Mexborough, Goldthorpe etc.

Also Stavely and Langwith

Alcazar

Is visiting **** holes some sort of hobby of yours, or is part of the syllabus for your anti-Tory rants?

The Zohan 23 March 2006 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Flatcapdriver
Is visiting **** holes some sort of hobby of yours, or is part of the syllabus for your anti-Tory rants?

LMFAO!

GaryK 23 March 2006 10:54 AM

As before, I think corby is pants, Ive worked in kettering quite abit and thats shabby and not as bad and wellingborough is ok but I do remember being with my mate we were about 15 back in the days of all the lacoste t-shirts and things and got hassled by a group of blacks who then later chased us, i can remember running from the shopping centre down to the train station (quite a way and to unfit to do it now!) and we hid in that pub by the station, cant remember its name, can laugh about it now though!

alcazar 23 March 2006 01:10 PM

Hmmm....I'm accused on the one hand of anti-Labour rants, and now anti-Tory:rolleyes:

Maybe I'm one of a very few who don't care WHAT PARTY it is, but don't like scams, sleaze, cruelty, cheating, lying, sycophancy and jobs for the boys?

Alcazar

Oh and fwiw, I've got family in a most of those places.

The Zohan 23 March 2006 01:12 PM

Hmmm....I'm accused on the one hand of anti-Labour rants, and now anti-Tory:rolleyes:

Maybe I'm one of a very few who don't care WHAT PARTY it is, but don't like scams, sleaze, cruelty, cheating, lying, sycophancy and jobs for the boys?

Alcazar

I am another one of the few then!:)

Flatcapdriver 23 March 2006 01:30 PM

Alcazar

Then I'd just ignore politics in general then, otherwise you'll pop a gasket pretty soon.

legb4rsk 23 March 2006 02:06 PM

I'm confused now.Can someone please point out the differences between the Labour Party & the Tory Party.:confused:

Flatcapdriver 23 March 2006 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by legb4rsk
I'm confused now.Can someone please point out the differences between the Labour Party & the Tory Party.:confused:

You mean it's taken you nearly nine years to ask that question?

:confused:

legb4rsk 23 March 2006 02:19 PM

You mean it's taken you nearly nine years to ask that question?

:confused:

No,it's just for the last nine years I thought they were the same thing.:)

alcazar 23 March 2006 09:20 PM

Then I'd just ignore politics in general then, otherwise you'll pop a gasket pretty soon.

OK, but, see, if everyone who sees what I see, just ignores it, when does it ever stop?:mad:

Alcazar

Brit_in_Japan 24 March 2006 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by ianc
I have to agree with you about the preteen mums in the Swansgate lol....

I can verify that too. Used to work in Wellingborough, used to walk to the Swansgate lunchtime to get a sandwich. Never got used to how many girls of schoolgirl age were themselves mothers.

Never really went near Corby, reputation alone kept me away. Kettering is no thriving metropolis either. However some nice villages around those parts and nice places to go to if you know where ;)

Bigears 25 March 2006 04:42 PM

Corby

Excuse me, I live in Corby and have done all my life, I have never been shot, raped, become an alcoholic or a drug addict, but I have been stabbed ( although I did do it myself so that doesn't really count!!)

I think a lot of people are still living in the dark ages of the 60's & 70's, wake up people we have moved on.

If you actually bother to check, you will find that Corby is one of the fastest growing towns in the UK, and has a very low crime rate!!

Bricks and mortar doesn't make a town, community spirit does, just because of a story in a paper everyone thinks I am a murderer, does that make all the people in Soham paedophiles, I think not!

So, if you have never been somewhere, how can you have a true opinion?

Ok, rant over.

Craig

Luan Pra bang 25 March 2006 04:54 PM

sorry corby really is a total dump.

alcazar 25 March 2006 05:58 PM

Craig: what have they done to attract new industry/jobs since the steelworks went?

What new industries are there? Genuinely interested.

Alcazar

Johnny E 25 March 2006 08:31 PM

Take it nobody here has worked/lived in the Breckfield area of Liverpool, which has oft been likened to the Gaza (sp?) strip, where PJ's are the preferred mode of dress beating low slung jeans with humungous overhang of lard-like bellies and love handles by a narrow margin.

The only roots people here seem to be proud of are the ones gowing out from their bleached blonde heads.

there's good and bad everywhere, but how come the bad seem to congregate and drag whole areas down?