ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   '£20k mods' Punto on ebay....have a chuckle! (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/388601-20k-mods-punto-on-ebay-have-a-chuckle.html)

scoobyboy1 20 December 2004 03:49 PM

probably £20K spent since he owned it including the car which cost about £10k brand new, probably added up all the receipts on the car including tyres, services, and other work that everybody has to maintain there car and then rounded it off to £20k, when the mods that have been done to the car probably cost about £5k.

Any car with a Nissan pulsar vent on the bonnet, should be scrapped.

Pastor 20 December 2004 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Gutmann pug
Pastor.

I guess you were never young and did any mods to your first cars? You probably just went straight to a ''sensible'' scooby did ya?

Oh I modded them allright, just not stupid, pathetic, crap looking mods like the "C*NTO" in question is all.
I also don't own an Impreza anymore, good cars though till you start sticking huge wings and rally stickers all over otherwise standard road cars though.

Gutmann pug 20 December 2004 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Pastor
Oh I modded them allright, just not stupid, pathetic, crap looking mods like the "C*NTO" in question is all.
I also don't own an Impreza anymore, good cars though till you start sticking huge wings and rally stickers all over otherwise standard road cars though.

I think you might be in the wrong place if you dont like huge wings :D and as for calling a guy you dont know a CXunto thats harsh

Pastor 20 December 2004 04:37 PM

I'm just being faceatious, well a little bit, you have to admit anyone stepping out of the yellow peril in public is going to look a teensy bit stupid. Hopefully the owner is a 45 yr old accountant called Derek.

matt85 20 December 2004 07:22 PM

Would it be wrong to admit that i actually *dont mind* the interior

(or what i can see of it!)

?

RRH 20 December 2004 10:00 PM

maybe he's a chav who can't spell (fairly sure the first part of that is true), and he spent 20 karrots on it- about £1.50 ?

StickyMicky 20 December 2004 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Bubba po
Yet if someone had chavved up a scoob and I'd had a go at them (as I tend to do), "Each to their own" would have trotted out in complete seriousness. :)

could be worse, could be what i get when people tell me im an internal troll and im a rude person

lmfao

that punto is ****!

Floyd 20 December 2004 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Pastor
I'm just being faceatious, well a little bit, you have to admit anyone stepping out of the yellow peril in public is going to look a teensy bit stupid. Hopefully the owner is a 45 yr old accountant called Derek.

Surley it can't be as gay as stepping out of a WR1 in broad daylight ;) Zircon Blue :eek: Not sure it's anyone's birthstone colour, or is it Zodiac Blue?

F

vader 20 December 2004 10:37 PM

seen worse, but i dont like it personally

Scoob+Bike=Fun 20 December 2004 11:34 PM

20 k on what exactly, 15k paint job maybe?, but then everything from motorworld is overpriced lol, not one for me, but like some people have said, you have gotta start somewhere, a bit ott for me that one, have to say again, what could he have spent 20 k on from those pics? maybe it's the 12 new engines he's had since putting the alco ho ho ho l injection on?

Diablo 21 December 2004 08:25 AM

LOL

Lets see

Car, say £5000
Exhaust, £1000
Engine mods £500
Paintwork/respray £2,000
ICE £3,000
Wheels/tyres £2,000
Assorted exterior crap £1,000
Body "kit" £2,000
Interior crap £500
Whats that, around £17k. Can see how it could happen, but gotta wonder why...

Gutmann pug 21 December 2004 08:46 AM

I reckon all you boys who take the pxss out of this guys car should post pics and specs of your own motors on this thread ....... then maybe we should send some of the piccys to the ferarri / porsche / lambo forums and let them have a giggle?

Pastor 21 December 2004 12:34 PM

As it's a totally standard 3 series diesel, apart from the remap,I doubt they'd have much to laugh at they don't already know about.

wide 21 December 2004 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Gutmann pug
I reckon all you boys who take the pxss out of this guys car should post pics and specs of your own motors on this thread ....... then maybe we should send some of the piccys to the ferarri / porsche / lambo forums and let them have a giggle?

They may well do but its still crap

Paulo P 21 December 2004 05:13 PM

It went for £4k so that's a fair price considering ;)

wez_sti 21 December 2004 06:18 PM

I have respect for people who put tim, effect and money into their car..BUT

he deserves all the p1ss taking in the world for saying

A) PULLS MORE ATTENTION THAN ANY OTHER CAR ON THE ROAD

B) 1.2 16V (VERY FAST)

very fast!?!?! is the guy mental!?!? Even when i was 17 & i got my first car i knew that a 1.2 Punto is NOT "VERY FAST" by any stretch of the imagination!

wide 21 December 2004 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by paulpalmer
It went for £4k so that's a fair price considering ;)

somebody will have hopefully seen the buisiness sense and will strip it down and make it twice over back :)

Gutmann pug 21 December 2004 08:42 PM

bored now .........

Bubba po 21 December 2004 09:52 PM

The double-standards shown over this has really made my knackers ache.

Daz34 21 December 2004 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Bubba po
The double-standards shown over this has really made my knackers ache.

[bud]True[/bud]

Scooby-Doo 22 December 2004 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by wez_sti
I have respect for people who put tim, effect and money into their car..BUT

I once knew a chap called Tim but he was a big munter that did nothing for performance or street cred :)