ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   so whats my 03 STi PPP worth these days? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/380037-so-whats-my-03-sti-ppp-worth-these-days.html)

C 17 November 2004 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by jasey
First guy offered me £15.5K for MY03 Sti (Non PPP) - Eventually went for £18.5K in September. Don't take the first offer :).

I admit there will be an element of 'testing the water' - as some people will just say yes, and lets face it, the lower you start, in theory you shouldnt have to go as far...

Thats called an 'over allowance'

Where they take money out of the profit of the car you are buying & bump it onto your p/x to artifically inflate its value.

If you look on your invoice for the car (not the order form) I bet it doesnt show it as £18.5k :)

(Unless there is finance involved or they are working the figures for VAT reasons)

:)

GRIFF007 17 November 2004 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by C
Want me to take picture of the page for you?

Thats the trouble, the public have no idea how the motor trade works :rolleyes:

I have no doubt 'the book' says as you do -- My mint 1999 200bhp (Motorsport upgrade) six speed GTi6 with aircon, leather and Satnav (cost me £24k 5 yrs ago) is booked at c £2k - guess what - nobody will be buying it at that - likewise, there wont be many owners of Blobeye STi so deperate to accept 'Book' - consequently it is of little rellevance unless a plentiful supply are available at 'Book' - there aren't! - Most people, like me, will prefer to hold onto the car if the Trade offers an unacceptably low figure - dropping £9k in 18 mths or less on a £27k car, is simply not acceptable - If the supply dries up, the price floats to a more realistic level.

Most people rush to pay full asking price on property, because they are worried it will be more if they wait - Wrong! - It is because people are rushing in and creating an artificial over demand - prices go up.

Conversely, if it is rumoured that car values are plumetting, people will rush to try and sell before 'loosing out' - creating a buyers market...

Supply and Demand - dont be a victim! - Rmember the days when a Porsche Turbo went from 27k to 127k in a matter of weeks - yep, The Supply & Demand rush of Mugs - couple of weeks later - market crashed when sanity resumed...

Not suggesting the values are going up, however as long as people dont fall for the old ' well nobody wants that model now ploy' there wont be a dive in prices. - If someone cant afford an 05 STi Prodrive, they will look for alternatives, the 03 STi is the alternative that saves money whilst offering similar looks and performance..

GRIFF007 17 November 2004 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by C
Have you even driven a TME?

Because it sure as hell doent sound like it! :)

Unfortunately - not very pleasant experience - even the sales guy thought the shipping wedges were still in the springs - he spent most of the time braced against the ceiling, literally.

pantelis 17 November 2004 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by big_xavier
Lovely looking motor mate, Thats why i went for a WRX with ppp on instaed of the sti 6 speed box, did my head in.

Looking for an 03 for my wife to replace her classic with but money will probably dictate a WRX. However could you please expand on the 6 speed dislike because an STI may not be out of the question. You and elmer both dont like it for what reason?

jasey 18 November 2004 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by pantelis
Looking for an 03 for my wife to replace her classic with but money will probably dictate a WRX. However could you please expand on the 6 speed dislike because an STI may not be out of the question. You and elmer both dont like it for what reason?

Not sure about the others but the 6 speed box was my only complaint of the Sti. Under hard acceleration (Like overtaking etc) you could find yourself trying to change gears only to me met with a stubborn reaction from the car not allowing you to select a gear :eek:.

You get used to it - but it's fcuking scary the first time it happens !

talizman 21 November 2004 11:23 AM

<makes mental note to self>

Must not contemplate buying old car back off of Jon! :D