ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   What do we all Smoke (if at all)? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/375065-what-do-we-all-smoke-if-at-all.html)

Leslie 29 October 2004 02:08 PM

You did well then Pastor, and won't ever regret it.

Les :)

Pastor 29 October 2004 02:09 PM

I don't, and don't even miss them but one thing I can't do is become a "born again" non-smoker. It would be a bit hypocritical really.
If people want to smoke and enjoy it then let them get on with it.

Leslie 29 October 2004 02:12 PM

Yes I agree with that too of course.

Les

cigarboy 29 October 2004 02:14 PM

Cripes alive, this is getting very serious isn't it?? Think we need some girls to come in doing the can-can or something

Account deleted by request 29 October 2004 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by yoza
Chaos. smokes cock.

I smoke Novas....Sometimes. :)

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

wrxsmo 29 October 2004 05:26 PM

Gave it up 10 months ago. I miss it now & then but am genuinely glad to be free :D

Dazza01 29 October 2004 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by cigarboy
Cripes alive, this is getting very serious isn't it?? Think we need some girls to come in doing the can-can or something

http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung...smiley-020.gif

LG John 29 October 2004 07:57 PM

I don't smoke but I do like the smell of a good bit of chuff :D;):D

Scoob99 29 October 2004 08:03 PM

Do love a good cigar!!!!!!!!!:D

Markus 29 October 2004 08:16 PM

I only smoke when I'm on fire!

boom tish

< coat on, door open, fast car waiting >

SJ_Skyline 29 October 2004 08:25 PM

If your wife/girlfriend starts smoking.................

slow down and use more lubrication! :D

Markus 29 October 2004 08:32 PM

ahh, another classic from Mr Skyline :D

I would add, that you either add more lube, or her fur is on fire, which is so not good, burnt wool has such a nasty stench, as does melted plastic :D

mart360 29 October 2004 08:33 PM

I was a twenty a day man for many years.. used to deal with scores of peole who had died from it but i never wanted to give up...

tried once and failed after two weeks..

saw one of those commercials about giving up, it was awoman who was dignosed with the old lc her biggest blow was she wouldnt see her kids grow up...

BANG did that bring it home...... it was acouple of days before the national no smoking day,..

I stopped on no smoking day in 2000 apart from a couple of drags 12 months

ago when a close friend got killed, i havnt had one.

i dont mind people who smoke, i dont mind the smell of cigars

SN mods take note its a free country !!!! if they want to do it its there choice

Mart

Scoob+Bike=Fun 29 October 2004 11:13 PM

well, my nan smoked 40 a day for years, and lived till her 80's, my dad smoked cigars then stopped when my nan died of cancer (still smoked till she passed) and my dad was killed in a car accident 2 years ago, when your times up, it's up, enjoy life to the full, do what YOU want to do, you never know if your gonna be here 2moro or not anyway, so I say F*** it, and pass me a Benson.

Vegescoob 29 October 2004 11:40 PM

It's fast becoming not a free country. I smoke 20 small cigars a day. Used to be 60 Players untipped. Ain't saying my age but I saw The Who live first time round and we all hoped we'd die before we got old. Most of us didn't. But for what? Meddling government constantly telling us what to and not to do. Leave me alone.

Mk2_heaven 30 October 2004 02:17 AM

B&H for me and shisha after an indian :)

cigarboy 31 October 2004 04:22 PM

BTTT please :)

chaos. 31 October 2004 04:31 PM

Whats the point in smoking cigars?

Turbohot 31 October 2004 04:44 PM

I was smoking Marboroughs but down to Golden Virginia beccky coz its cheaper:(
Just bought niccorate chewies to give the f*cker up!

cigarboy 31 October 2004 04:45 PM

[QUOTE=chaos.]Whats the point in smoking cigars?[/QUOTE

Taste. Nice nutty, sometimes crispy bacon smell to them.

And they give you a nice, attractive smokers cough as well in half the time ciggies would do.

<coughs over keyboard>

Vegescoob 31 October 2004 07:39 PM

I don't have a smokers' cough.

Buzzer 31 October 2004 11:01 PM

My missus says theres no option for "the bone"

Buzzer 31 October 2004 11:06 PM

...................... on a serious note, Cigarboy, my Dad is partial to the odd 200 or so cigars ;) Its Christmas soon and i wouldn't mind getting him a box of some decent cigars.

He likes Swisher Sweets from the States, White Owl and as a last resort King Eddies. Can you recommend anything for him. Like i said the Swisher's are his favourite but maybe there might be some type of "sweet" cigar that he doesn't know about yet.

Your recommendation?

cigarboy 01 November 2004 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by Buzzer
...................... on a serious note, Cigarboy, my Dad is partial to the odd 200 or so cigars ;) Its Christmas soon and i wouldn't mind getting him a box of some decent cigars.

He likes Swisher Sweets from the States, White Owl and as a last resort King Eddies. Can you recommend anything for him. Like i said the Swisher's are his favourite but maybe there might be some type of "sweet" cigar that he doesn't know about yet.

Your recommendation?

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh tricky one.

I must admit I haven't comea cross Swisher before. From what you say I gather they are actually flavoured cigars.

Some sweet cigars can be quiet nice, others a bit iffy. Generally speaking, most will not actually be rolled or sprayed with flavour / sweetner, but have a tip that is.

If I've got the right end of the stick here, ( :Whatever_ ) and this is the kind of stuff you are after, it would depend on your budget.

At the lower end you've got stuff like Old Port Cigars (easy enough to find) but I think they are pretty foul myself.

Middle end you've got some other brands with names TBC - will check next time I'm in my shop and get back to you. They are not bad, make a nice change.

At the top end you've got actual hand rolled ones with sweet tip. These used to run by the name of Cojima I think - they tried to make the brand sound like the famous Cohiba. Last time I tried these I think there was a lawsuit going on to change the name, but I've def. seen the sticks in shops recently. They are more Petit Corona size. Nice, you can really taste the choc/vanilla/strawberry etc. Just don't tug too hard on them or you'll have it all in one go and be left with a normal cigar at the end :D

Hope thats what you are after, if not let me know and I'll update accordingly!!!! :)

cigarboy 01 November 2004 11:03 AM

BTTT

Buzzer 01 November 2004 11:09 AM

Cheers for that :thumb:

The Swisher ones he has are about the size of a normal king eddie and having tried a few myself i can confirm that it is the tip that's sweetened ;)

Let me know when you've checked in the shop if theres anything :) Can you send them ie do they travel well given our superlative mail service? :eek:

M444GY 01 November 2004 05:34 PM

crack:)

chaos. 01 November 2004 05:44 PM

So, cigarboy.

You say the whole point in a cigar is taste.

The only 'cigars' I've smoked are hamlet, YES I KNOW THEY ARE THE PITS RE. CIGARS, but, like we both agree, the whole point of a cigar is taste, so they must taste of something.

How would you describe the taste of a Hamlet?

In my experience it has a nasty burning taste and a thick acidic smoke in the mouth, far from pleasent, none of that nutty bacon you're on about .. :p

cigarboy 01 November 2004 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by chaos.
So, cigarboy.

You say the whole point in a cigar is taste.

The only 'cigars' I've smoked are hamlet, YES I KNOW THEY ARE THE PITS RE. CIGARS, but, like we both agree, the whole point of a cigar is taste, so they must taste of something.

How would you describe the taste of a Hamlet?

In my experience it has a nasty burning taste and a thick acidic smoke in the mouth, far from pleasent, none of that nutty bacon you're on about .. :p

lol fair play mate, its an argument a lot of people play, and one I haven't 100% worked out how to get out of yet!!! :razz: :hjtwofing :Whatever_ :) :) :)

HOWEVER....

It must be said that Hamlets are machine made and cost ... oooh about £5 a packet isn't it? Dunno. Never buy them.

Whereas the Cohiba Siglo VI costs £22.50 a stick from most shops. Now, whatever you think of cigars, be them the best thing since sliced bread or awful stinky things, I'm sure you can see that quality control comes in there somewhere!

Rollers who make the bigger cigars have upwards of 7 - 10 years experince before they even train how to make them. A machine makes them nasty stinky hamlets. The leaves for rolled cigars are hand selected and dried twice. In the case of Cohiba, 3 times - hence the famous third fermutation, and why they taste like............... (wait for it)................ smokey bacon!!!

To answer your question ;) lol I would say Hamlets taste like burning school textbooks. RUFF quality assures RUFF taste I guess!

cigarboy 01 November 2004 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Buzzer
Cheers for that :thumb:

The Swisher ones he has are about the size of a normal king eddie and having tried a few myself i can confirm that it is the tip that's sweetened ;)

Let me know when you've checked in the shop if theres anything :) Can you send them ie do they travel well given our superlative mail service? :eek:

Will get back to you on the names dude!!!

However, if you want to send them, well, if they are cardboard packaged you should be OK I think. Some I know come in little aluminium (sic - can't be arsed) tubes, so they will be even better. The Cojimas are foil wrapped that much I do know, they might even come in a proper wooden cedar cigar box, but then you are talking money for that pup. They are about £7 each. Cigars, when boxed, are normally sold in lots of 25. So about £140 I guess. That might be a bit extreme, so best to buy a few and just wrap them up well ready for the Royal Mail Grinders!!!! ;)