ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Northern (England) (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/)
-   -   WYIOC - 28th October Meet (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/368293-wyioc-28th-october-meet.html)

Harry_Boy 11 October 2004 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by Sticky Stuff
Sorry Chris, none of you. You were just TOO far in front, most of the time, to get a decent pic. Must have been the thought of that curry :)

Andy mate - I'm disappointed.... At how you and Daz couldn't catch mi lowly WRX...

(Purely 'cos I was in fourth all the time, while you two were in sixth...):D:D:D

Harry_Boy 11 October 2004 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by corradoboy
:cool:

Dave - we need to sort out a re-match...;)

Apple 11 October 2004 09:03 AM

Sticky,

Any chance of posting / emailing a full sized version of the fist piccy :thumb: - I feel a change of desktop coming on :cool: :D

Andy

Sticky Stuff 11 October 2004 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Apple
Sticky,

Any chance of posting / emailing a full sized version of the fist piccy :thumb: - I feel a change of desktop coming on :cool: :D

Andy

NP. It's at home and I'm at work, PM me yer email and I'll send it when I get in.
That'll be £5 sir :)

Apple 11 October 2004 11:15 AM

Sticky - YHPM :)

Harry_Boy 11 October 2004 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Apple
Sticky,

Andy

No pics of my scruffy wagon on your monitor Andy???:(

Sticky Stuff 11 October 2004 08:07 PM

Apple, sorry, deleted your earlier PM by accident. I've emailed the pic to the address in your profile. Let me know if you don't get it.

MadGrip 11 October 2004 08:26 PM

bit of a long shot, but if any of you guys are online at the moment I'd like some quick advice.. I've been offered 13500 cash for my car by a complete stranger and hes willing to come to my work tommorow with the money. I need to let him know within the next half hour

question is...should I take his offer.. I'm very tempted, seems a v good price

Phil

Sticky Stuff 11 October 2004 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by MadGrip
bit of a long shot, but if any of you guys are online at the moment I'd like some quick advice.. I've been offered 13500 cash for my car by a complete stranger and hes willing to come to my work tommorow with the money. I need to let him know within the next half hour

question is...should I take his offer.. I'm very tempted, seems a v good price

Phil

If it's what you're looking to do, and he's genuine, and you're happy with the price, then go for it. Obviously goes without saying, but I'm gonna say it anyway, be VERY careful. It may well be a genuine offer, but treat it with caution, don't give out any personal details over the 'phone or t'internet, don't let him test drive it without insurance, and make sure you've got a couple of 'handy' mates there when he comes 'a callin', just in case.

Be a shame to see it go, but you know what's best for yourself in the long run.

Take care, mate.

MadGrip 11 October 2004 10:47 PM

well...looks like its sold, the guy is dead keen and wants to collect it on friday evening

feels wierd to be selling it...

any opinions on the R33 GTR Skyine ?? :D:D:D

the cars look pretty awesome, the only thing thats putting me off at the moment is the year.. I'm looking at about 1996 'N' which is a pretty old car.. for the money I'll be paying

Apple 11 October 2004 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Harry_Boy
No pics of my scruffy wagon on your monitor Andy???:(

If it'd been on the picture then it would take pride of place but :p

(good job I've got pshop to remove the shed blocking the view down the road ;):D)

Andy - piccy landed OK and the second one's better after the tweaking :thumb: - talented lass Eloise :)

Sticky Stuff 11 October 2004 10:59 PM

Once had the 'pleasure' of being a passenger in an R33 down th M62, just where it goes over the M1 at an indimacated 160...

With a Vauxhall Astra stuck to our ass!!!!

...but that's another story :)

Apple 11 October 2004 11:06 PM

tow-rope? :lol:

Phil - if the bloke seems dead keen on the car - make sure the brass clears before you do anything rash like letting things out of sight...

MadGrip 11 October 2004 11:16 PM

will do Andy.. its gonna be cash but need the bank to accept it first....

also looking at this... http://www.lancerregister.com/showth...958#post550958 seems a nice motor

btw.. is it just me who has to use the quick reply option, cant seem to get the normal reply to work

corradoboy 11 October 2004 11:23 PM

Phil, make sure you get some knocked off to cover the new centre caps ;)

Good luck, sorry to see yours go :( Will the new owner be making an appearance at the Bridge :confused:

MadGrip 11 October 2004 11:31 PM

dont think he'll make an app0erance as hes from bolton.. but you never know... feel **** about it going after the time & money I've spent.. but its a good price...

the Evo6 looks nice though :):):)

whats the deal with replying on here ?? or is it just me ?

MadGrip 11 October 2004 11:36 PM

Meant to add. (but I cant edit) Sticky..Andy.. Have you got an evening free this week to have a look over the evo with me ??? bit of a big request and F**k off will be an acceptable response

just need to get my ass sorted before I lose my wheels

Sticky Stuff 11 October 2004 11:57 PM

F**k off

Sticky Stuff 12 October 2004 12:03 AM

...only joking.

Why would you want me to come and have a look? I'd be hard pushed to tell the front from the back, I'd be too busy drooling over it.

Don't mind popping along with you though, just don't ask me to get all technical.

I'm good at kicking tyres, though :)

I do know a couple of lads who will probably know the car, and I could ask them for an honest opinion of it.

Only evening I'm not free is Tuesday, 'cos I play badminton in an attempt to do a bit of sweating, puffing and panting. This is swiftly followed by a couple of pints of Carling's finest, which makes a very good job of undoing the previous hour's sweating, etc.

Are you sure this is the car for you, Phil? Will you be able to put up with the constant jibes about fuel consumption, servicing, (lack of) exhaust note. Just remember that when you leave the Bridge on a Thursday you'll be in something far superior in every way to the industrial tractor shoite that the rest of 'em drive ;)

When are we going, then?

Apple 12 October 2004 12:31 AM

industrial tractor shoite that the rest of 'em drive ;)

haven't seen many lamborghinis in the car park :p :D

MadGrip 12 October 2004 06:24 AM

thx Andy..I know F'all about evos, so anything you know is a lot more than me. I'll try to organise it for this week

phil

MadGrip 12 October 2004 06:45 AM

emai lis knackered at the moment, so I've lost your number.. can you txt me it please

cheers

edited to remove number

Sticky Stuff 12 October 2004 09:25 AM

SMS sent, now delete that number from yer post. You never know who's looking:Suspiciou :Suspiciou :Suspiciou :Suspiciou :Suspiciou :Suspiciou :Suspiciou

Harry_Boy 12 October 2004 09:54 AM

good job I've got pshop to remove the shed blocking the view down the road ;):D
Oi - cheeky fecker.....:D:D:D

J4CK50N 12 October 2004 10:33 AM

Evo 6 - good choice. Sorry that the scoob is going though. Hope the deal goes through without probs!!

Cant reiterate enough the need for handy mates around though when dealing with that kind of cash!

Cheers

J4CK50N

Sticky Stuff 12 October 2004 10:38 AM

Shame we're all a bunch of soft, idle, overweight wimps, innit :)

corradoboy 12 October 2004 11:49 AM

superior in every way to the industrial tractor shoite that the rest of 'em drive ;)

http://www.free-tractor-manuals.com/...50_side_01.jpg

:Whatever_ :Whatever_ :Whatever_ :Whatever_ :Whatever_ :Whatever_ :razz: :razz:

Alan C 12 October 2004 01:00 PM

Nice one Dave... However, Sticky's is Yellow..

:D

Edited to say.. I kid you not :D

http://www.ferrari-tractors.com/images/80's.h1.jpg

The Ferrari Model 94TR

Sticky Stuff 12 October 2004 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by corradoboy
http://www.free-tractor-manuals.com/...50_side_01.jpg

:Whatever_ :Whatever_ :Whatever_ :Whatever_ :Whatever_ :Whatever_ :razz: :razz:

The last time I saw something that colour it had a Subaru badge and was understeering :D

MadGrip 12 October 2004 08:46 PM

Still haven't found the right one :(

the car looks immaculate, but its due for a BIG service.. cambelt etc so I'll keep on looking

gonna be carless on friday eve though:cry: