ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   Any1 still driving a UrQuattro? (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/344999-any1-still-driving-a-urquattro.html)

urquat 22 July 2004 11:27 PM

have a look.... http://www.urquattro.co.uk/ur

jl4069 23 July 2004 02:01 AM

UrQuat, thats one friggin nice job- congrads on a super clean ride. It looks like a 20v. Real Sweet. Not sure if you want to (or if you already have one in) but I'd put in a torsen diff on that. JL

mj 23 July 2004 08:53 AM

Urquat, nice pics, looks familiar :)

urquat 23 July 2004 01:37 PM

Christ Mike, your up early!!!!! new's got worse today, AM have sold their last one, Audi won't do anything to help (tawts!!) it seems the only place I can get one from is in kent for a grand!!!! or fly over to Berlin and hope BA will let me on the plane with a head in me bag!
jl they all have the same shell.

allywrx 23 July 2004 01:47 PM

Some of you may be interested in this site :)

www.audituning.com

Check out the 900bhp Golf using the sport quattro engine :eek2:
This guy also has a few sport quattros with crazy power.

QuattroMNC 23 July 2004 06:24 PM

urquat,

Have u looked at www.tsr-performance.com ?

Depending on what you need you will get a gas flowed head for less then a grand!! That will also come with a warranty.

mj 23 July 2004 07:55 PM

Jay, this crack on the head, is it not repairable? ground out + welded + re-machined ? has it cracked internally then?

why not whizz the head round to woody's - if you have no wheels I'll pick it up and take it in. he's got all the kit to repair,machine it,pressure test it etc, rebuild with new valve stems was only £200 + parts - repair, another £200????

edit..

got any pics?

urquat 23 July 2004 08:14 PM

Mike, its fcuked... cracked between the valves, had a look down the stems and you can see the crack going down. for the ass off pulling it apart and and re-building it, buying shims for the lifters then the ass of setting it all up again and then who knows how long a repaired head will work for, no one can guarentee their work on these repairs. I managed to get one from guilders audi in Sheffield for the small cost of £650+vat..... MNC the heads are for non turbo charged cars, the one for the turbo is mega mega bucks...... I have to have a petrol truck follow me now I think 4mpg when thrashing about is a bit bad, what would one of them do to it???? 1.

SPEN555 24 July 2004 10:22 PM

Spent today checking the various hoses for leaks on my car.

I had read somewhere that if you spray brake cleaner on suspected areas while cars running you can source leak as the engine wll stutter. So I tried this and found nothing.

I then took the car for a spin and remembered Phil Payne mention the hose to the ECU could be leaking. I then clocked on I had the car in for a Cat1 alarm fitted at the beginning of the week. The leak started just after it had been fitted.

So when I got home I look down under dash and find a loose hose blowing air out. I then drop the dash and find it has snapped off at the point it enters the ECU. Ba$tids will have done this when fitting the alarm.

So I superglued it back on round the edges. Took me a few hours to sort as I opened up the Ecu hoping to see the hose feeding into a clamp so I could just re-clamp it. But the hose just feeds direct into a small pressure sensor box. I went for as spin and the dash was showing boost as it did before.

I don't know how long it will last for though.

Halway now to sorting the small problems to get the car upto scratch :D

Damian.

chancha67 25 July 2004 11:36 AM

ok, guys, I've read this thread with interest. I'm willing to see how the car behaves in relation to the more modern scoobs etc. I currently have a 20v ur quattro that has now been upgraded to RS2 spec (approx 360bhp/400lbs/ft torrque). Antone with any ideas on the best way to determine this......(nothing on the queens highway btw-)-))

urquat 25 July 2004 12:36 PM

Phil Payne is the man!!!! what he doesn't know about quats isn't worth knowing.... he gets a bit technical somtimes......
Spen, at least you know what it is, so if it ever happens again you'll know where to look.
chancha67. stick it on a rolling road, if your up north ask MJ if woody has a rolling road in Davenport.

jl4069 25 July 2004 06:05 PM

Chanch, Sounds like you have quite a UrQ there. To compare it with a new gen Impreza like a type 25 (similar power to yours) I think you'd need at least two great drivers to compare them back to back on the most challenging roads (Wales, Yorkshire) - and importantly the drivers/testers would have to really know what they were looking for in terms of on-road (public road) driving: what handling characteristics are desired on such roads- rather different than track work. I think you could also ring the evo boys (evo mag) and offer your car for a new gen vs old gen rally rep both with mods story- I think that would be interesting to do. JL

SPEN555 26 July 2004 10:26 AM

urquat,

Phil Payne is the guy I got to inspect my car before buying. Well worth the money.

Damian.

urquat 26 July 2004 11:17 PM

Damian, Does your space saver sit at a funny angle or is it flush against the side, asking because the late WR's (mine being one of them, the saver don't fit flush!!) used a few of the bits from the MB, or is yours the MB?? if so you have a torsen. MNC, I phoned TSR just to make sure and they said... yea we can do it for 500 ish inc but you'll have to supply us with a head 'cos we don't have any here...... anyway, she's fast enough (OK not @ the moment) , there are only a few places you can have a laugh these days not just because of Mr Pold, it's the other Idiots on the road who should take their Driving tests again.