ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   Anyone got or drove a boxster (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/326246-anyone-got-or-drove-a-boxster.html)

SiPie 12 May 2004 12:33 PM

I bet you have never driven anything that accelerates to 60 in under 7 seconds. Its always the same with the Nova/Saxo/Fiesta XR2 brigade.
Doesn't this make Bluto22b look a bit of a total plonker this time :rolleyes:

For the record..... did your car not hit 60 in 4.9 something when we were testing them that day when you had your mate's timing thingy ?

Hmmmmm

LG John 12 May 2004 01:05 PM

Yes I believe it did :) We also took 3mm off our clutch plates but some other suckers are driving those cars now ;):D

The truely amusing thing about bluto's comments is that if he'd actually research the 406 V6 saloon he'd have learned that it hit 60mph from rest in 6.9s thereby ensuring that I currently drive a car that hits 60 in under 7s :p

SiPie 12 May 2004 01:41 PM

We also took 3mm off our clutch plates but some other suckers are driving those cars now
:D:D:D

bluto22b 12 May 2004 07:26 PM

"The truely amusing thing about bluto's comments is that if he'd actually research the 406 V6 saloon he'd have learned that it hit 60mph from rest in 6.9s thereby ensuring that I currently drive a car that hits 60 in under 7s"

Maybe when it was new and not driven to death by some young moran whose just graduated from a max power league Saxo :rolleyes: There is no way on this wide earth that a 406 V6 will hit 60 in under 7 seconds CONSISTENTLY. To the bloke who commented about my chosen moniker, I chose Bluto because I am big and heavy and I have a beard. The 22b part reflects my total admiration for the finest Impreza ever made period. I actually drive a WRX wagon, now PPP'd.

bluto22b 12 May 2004 07:30 PM

"Doesn't this make Bluto22b look a bit of a total plonker this time "

Errr, no, it actually makes Bluto22b older and therefore more mature than you whippersnappers who probably pay over £1000 a year for insuring a modified Saxo/other (delete where appropriate) where as I with my more restrained driving style pay much less, and rightly so :D

mn_angrybeats 12 May 2004 07:49 PM

Surely Bluto a 406 V6 Saloon would be driven by a coffin dodger not a young whippersnapper ??

foz01 12 May 2004 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by mn_angrybeats
Surely Bluto a 406 V6 Saloon would be driven by a coffin dodger not a young whippersnapper ??

I have a 406 Td and it's incredibly ****, and slow :(

LG John 12 May 2004 08:53 PM

Bluto I graduated for the Max Power Saxo (which btw was actually a brilliant car) about 2 years ago and then owned a scooby that would blow the back doors off your PPP'd wagon and the insurance was entirely reasonable (23 at the time full no-claims). I then decided I'd rather invest money in my flat than cars and sold to get a cheaper car. The 406 cost under £2k, has loads of luxuries, is cheaper to run than my scooby and with your PPP off would not be removed from your bumper. My VTS consistently hit 60mph in low 7s and the pug is defo quicker to 60 and much faster thereafter.

I'm must appologise to the original poster I never thought a throw away comment could get so out of hand but I must defend this perception blutes has and also educate him to the fact that this old barge ain't so slow ;)

john banks 12 May 2004 08:53 PM

Shhhh Saxo Boy. Don't tell them how fast it is. That is the whole appeal, everyone thinks it is really slow :D

LG John 12 May 2004 08:54 PM

LOL ;):D Its now a lean green killing machine - I just took a bunny out with it. Poor little guy just ran around in the middle of the road in stunned unpredictable fashion :(

john banks 12 May 2004 08:55 PM

Boxster, seems a lovely car, keep trying to talk the wife into one (so I have another play thing other than the Scooby), but she seems too keen on her Puma (calls it her "kitten car" !!!) I think she has got the less is more thing rather better than me ;)

LG John 12 May 2004 08:56 PM

Oh and Blutes......do you have wood trim on your steering wheel. No? Thought not! You're the young whippersnapper in his moded scooby :p

LG John 12 May 2004 08:57 PM

John just pull an HT lead off so it runs like a bag of hammers for a while then she'll want to change :D

matieboy 12 May 2004 09:45 PM

V6 406's are actually nice cars (used to have a coupe)and would'nt be left behind by a standard scoob.And John you have to get your misses into something a little more exciting than a puma.Half the reason i put up with mine is so that i have an excuse to have two cars.Only joking of course.

Brendan Hughes 13 May 2004 09:05 AM

RUF 3200, yum...

SiPie 13 May 2004 09:13 AM

Errr, no, it actually makes Bluto22b older and therefore more mature than you whippersnappers who probably pay over £1000 a year for insuring a modified Saxo/other (delete where appropriate) where as I with my more restrained driving style pay much less, and rightly so
:D

Hmmmm. My last insurance premium for the modified......what was it now.... a saxo ??? Nope ... errrr Oh dear it was actually an MY99 impreza :p was £670... :)

Hmmm and being so young I was born in the ..... sixties :)

And what makes it even better is that.....

I chose Bluto because I am big and heavy and I have a beard.
you publicly admit to all these points :confused:

PS Beards are cool.... honest ;)

Glenn_R 14 May 2004 11:37 PM

Owned one for a few months last summer which was fab as the roof spent more time down than up! Apart from the fits of jealousy everone you meet has against you I reckon its one of the best drivers cars you can buy. Not just the S but the other models are bloody good fun also. As well as the fab looks and noise it's a car that makes you want to work and drive it hard to get the best from it - and gets better the more you do so:) Shame that Porsche still can't be bothered to invest in RHD models and give them the most uncomfortable offset driving positions which often make you forget how good the driving experience is:(