ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Is optimax top trumps a con? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/318175-is-optimax-top-trumps-a-con.html)

Madjay2 11 April 2004 11:45 PM

have u's tried ebay?

bazil2582 11 April 2004 11:47 PM

glad to see it................

well lads, im glad to see i am not the only one who has discovered the con!!!

i put posts up a month or so ago now, stating 1 card to win

the mazza GT COUPE is the rare card!!!!

i would be surprised if there are even 3 out there.

i have every other card, have done for ages now (with a little help to Judge and others!!) but i just cant get hold of the GT COUPE!!!

thats all of Scotland & England searched for and not one has come up via scoobynet!!!

TelBoy 11 April 2004 11:49 PM

Bp - i'll sell you all the other cards for £100, four times over in most cases!!

Deal?! :D

Ok, how about that pint and packet of dry roasted? :p

Bubba po 11 April 2004 11:52 PM

You're on... :D

notsofurious 11 April 2004 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by Madjay2
have u's tried ebay?

Why ebay? Are they selling fuel tankers on there?

BP, if two other members have been collecting cards for several weeks and both are missing the Maser Coupe and the XKR Conv, what makes you think someone with a Maser Coupe is going to be guaranteed of getting the XKR card at a service station by the end of the month? To have collected 300 cards and be missing two means that those two are rare does it not? How many times a week do you fill up with fuel to get enough packs to find the mssing two?

All I'm saying is, if the XKR Conv and the Maser Coupe are rare (as they appear to be) then why not see if by pooling together we can come up trumps (pardon the pun) !

Jeez, why are people so fcuking negative all the time.

TelBoy 11 April 2004 11:53 PM

Hold on, hold on - aren't some missing the point here, with all this talk of "con"?

Surely EVERYBODY knows there would only be a miniscule amount of winning cards? PLEASE don't tell me you imagined there would be one every six packs or something??

The WHOLE point of the exercise is a marketing campaign, to make you buy Optimax, with a (similar to Lotto) on-the-offchance possibility of winning the big one, but primarily just a few cards to give to your kids for a bit of amusement, no??

It ain't that difficult to fathom, surely??!! :)

notsofurious 11 April 2004 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by bazil2582
well lads, im glad to see i am not the only one who has discovered the con!!!

i put posts up a month or so ago now, stating 1 card to win

the mazza GT COUPE is the rare card!!!!

i would be surprised if there are even 3 out there.

i have every other card, have done for ages now (with a little help to Judge and others!!) but i just cant get hold of the GT COUPE!!!

thats all of Scotland & England searched for and not one has come up via scoobynet!!!

ok ok, so the Maser is THE rare...card...

anyone fancy a game of Simpsons top trumps?

TelBoy 11 April 2004 11:57 PM

Eat my shorts! :p

notsofurious 11 April 2004 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by TelBoy
Eat my shorts! :p

Mmmm donuts....

SyHightower 12 April 2004 12:13 AM

just clocked up my 5th set bar the gt coupe. oh well

Si

sushi 12 April 2004 12:16 PM

Are you being conned

The real questions remain unanswered.
1. Are there really 3 rare cards - have they been printed
2. Were they issued in general distribution with the rest
3. Ws the promoter planning all along to hand pick a winner and then give em a £26K card as per its terms of competition
4. Will/or can promoter provide any evidence to make us think we have not all been fooled

or is the whole thing a con to get you to buy Optimax people on this site are big optimax users all up and down the UK and noboby but NOBODY knows of any one orhas heard on anyone who has the Maser GT.

TelBoy 12 April 2004 01:28 PM

Phone Shell customer services then! Believe me, a big multinational like Exxon-Shell couldn't be seen to be participating in a "scam" - it just wouldn't be worth their while. It's a bit like the Lottery - you never hear or know of the winners now, but they're out there somewhere....

Spoon 12 April 2004 01:34 PM

I had 2 Maserati GT cards but I put them in a bin in Leigh Broadway when I was visiting Essex.

SUBTYPER 12 April 2004 03:42 PM

Well maybe I am wrong but would it not be in Shells interest to keep the promotion going for aslong as possible. So the chances of the cards being released early is slim to none. Would it not be more the idea to release those cards at nearly the end of the promotion so people keep buying fuel. I like what you are saying about it being a con although the idea of picking to ramdom shell stations and two random customers is that not what happening in anycase with the three cards. So no change there then. I dont think a multinational company would try a scam like that as Surely Ann Robinson would tear them to pieces. Altho I think people like somebody has said think it would be fairly easy to get a perfect match.

I alos think people would be crazy to go halfs if they have the rare card. Would be really interesting to see someone with a collection of 3 sets get three maseratis GT`s.

The real question is Shell getting paid to advertise these cars.

cefski 12 April 2004 07:07 PM

Sy - so you've got 5 XKR's?? Can I have one ;)

kev