ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   kids how many is enough (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/317193-kids-how-many-is-enough.html)

Suresh 07 April 2004 05:24 PM

Who is this idiot?

Originally Posted by chaos.
Parents who have kids intentionally should burn in hell. Why would one want to inflict this world onto something that has no choice over the matter?

It's for your own reasons, thats why. Selfish.

If only YOUR parents had been so wise...

Boro 07 April 2004 06:03 PM

chaos + SN = kn0b. Personally, if this was my forum id ban him just for that comment alone. God knows how many other sh!te comments he's made since joining :rolleyes:

Back to topic, 2 boys and wouldnt change it for ANYTHING, well maybe another 1 :D

weapon69 07 April 2004 07:17 PM

One child will be enough for me!!

MJW 07 April 2004 08:40 PM

We should only aim to replace ourselves, the world is already over-populated and the distribution of the world's resources is unbalanced.

I have two, though after a 12-hour flight to Singapore with an 8-month old teething baby, I would probably have gone for a vasectomy at the baggage collection point if one had been available.

And stop ragging on Chaos everybody - it's like kicking a puppy.

carl 07 April 2004 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by MJW
I have two, though after a 12-hour flight to Singapore with an 8-month old teething baby, I would probably have gone for a vasectomy at the baggage collection point if one had been available.

Why? Did you make a third one at the baggage collection point? Couldn't you have waited until you got home?

Eder22b 07 April 2004 09:04 PM

0 that's the perfect number;)

moses 07 April 2004 09:36 PM

stop saying things about chaos guys

we dont know he might be going through some sad times

i do and i think of fecked up things so maybe he didnt mean sh1t

Diablo 08 April 2004 09:16 AM

Here's my take on this.

I actually agree with some of what chaos is getting at here.

Had typed a long and reasoned reply to the topic, but then my fecking pc hung :(

So here's the gyst of it.

If you have thought it through in detail, and you want to have children for all the right reasons (as opposed to having them because its expected/a cultural thing/sounded like a good idea at the time/you are just too thick to know how to avoid it/need a council house) AND you are prepared for the huge emotional and financial commitment for 16 plus years, then you should have as many as you want without question.

If not, your attitude is such that you should be sterilised on sight because you should never be allowed to reproduce.

D

tiggers 08 April 2004 09:36 AM

Yeah I don't see why you're all getting so down on chaos - I hold very similar views (albeit without the burn in hell bit :D).

Trouble with many people is they can't see beyond their own selfish reasons for wanting to procreate - most of which comes down to needing to prove to themselves that they can/keep their family line going etc. - and in that case I don't think it's chaos who needs the professional help.

Best regards,

tiggers

Brit_in_Japan 08 April 2004 10:30 AM

At the moment I'd say 2 to 4 kids is OK (ignoring how much it costs or the fact it's the ladies who have to go through childbirth !). I think a minimum of 2, a single child will inevitably have to play alone often, which is not ideal. Any number above 4 kids and you're struggling to fit them and their junk in one people carrier.

The birth rate in the UK is dropping so the few who would want 4 kids would negate that slightly.

JohnRoly 08 April 2004 01:51 PM

I think people should have to apply for a license before they have children - they must prove that they can afford them, and that they are morally just. Perhaps if they did it a 20 years ago, we wouldn't be overrun with criminally minded chavs everywhere you look!

weapon69 08 April 2004 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by JohnRoly
I think people should have to apply for a license before they have children - they must prove that they can afford them, and that they are morally just. Perhaps if they did it a 20 years ago, we wouldn't be overrun with criminally minded chavs everywhere you look!

:eek: Bit harsh :eek:

carl 08 April 2004 07:36 PM

Surely it would just be simpler to sterilize chavs?

moses 08 April 2004 08:36 PM

dont tell me alot of u guys werent chavs one time :rolleyes:

enough of the chav slagging and re educate them :D