ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   this all started after the usa veto'd (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/316820-this-all-started-after-the-usa-vetod.html)

bonkers 06 April 2004 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by moses
this man sadr isnt a terrorist and neither would i be if i defended scotland against invaders with all means necessary

Just because you don't see him as one does not mean he isn't one. "Truth" is the delusion of the fanatic, "Belief" the comfort of the religious, "Fact" is the best understanding of the scientist and "Opinion" is as close as the rest of us will ever get to an absolute.

sadr is an iraqi and he is fighting for iraq
What is "an Iraqi"? Is it a Kurd living in the North, dreaming of a Kurdish state shared with his brethren in Turkey? Is it a Sunni, fearing dominance (and reprisals) from the Shia majority now that the Baathists are no longer in power? How about a Shia, freed from decades of repression and looking to the Clergy for guidance and strength?

I think you'll find that the majority of "Iraqis" have three things in common...
1. They want to live in peace (and prosperity, but peace first)
2. They want the Americans and their allies to leave Iraq
3. They fear the civil war that would tear their country apart if the foreign troops were to leave tomorrow

and ira hmm terrorists when they attack civilians but not the government who oppress them
And in a democracy, that government (theoreticaly at least) represents the will of those civilians. Your position flirts with hypocrisy.

Originally Posted by OllieC
It doesn't matter what anyone would call them as much as how they see themselves. If you react to being invaded and then having your country occupied by the invading force for years you are, to me, fighting for your freedom. Call this a Freedom Fighter if you like.

Oh but it does matter and you go on to say as much yourself...

Understandably, most of the IRA saw themselves as Freedom Fighters. Equally understandably, the families of the people they blew up were upset and angry and called them names and tried to belittle what the IRA were trying to achieve (which for many was a debate about whether they shouldn't have had their country invaded and their land stolen in the first place).

As far as I'm aware, there has been a similiar pattern in EVERY OTHER COUNTRY THAT HAS BEEN INVADED AND OCCUPIED - whatever the "justification" (apart from maybe Italy which enjoyed being invaded for a while - simply letting the invaders get on with it and carrying on as normal).
Not every country but certainly there is an understandable tendency to resent being occupied by another power.

When will we learn?
When we've all clubbed each other back into the stone age... perhaps not even then.

or u just asking , at cwe we talked alot about it and it went out of hand so i dont like talking about it anymore

Have you considered that perhaps the reason it gets out of hand is that you have one (rather extreme) viewpoint and that tends to rile people with opposing viewpoints? You needle them, they needle you and before you know it, you've come to virtual blows. If you were in the same room you might even throw punches. If you felt strongly enough and you both had knives or guns... Ironic really given the topic at hand.

usa is the lifeline of the israeli killing machine and the minority of zionists deprive the usa to look after their own poverty stricken people and bloodsuck the usa for everything and backup and military , zionist lobby controls the usa by its balls and supported by the born again christian sickness, their all zionists i dont call them christian but a cult
I rest my case. Do you really believe all that or are you just trolling?

Originally Posted by Scooby96
Doesnt mean I was against the Iraq war though, far from it however I can also see that the USA isnt an angel either.

Oh heck no.. Dubya & Co. have made their share of mistakes, as have previous administrations (some of whom were into some very dodgy stuff - remember Iran-Contra? Watergate?) and you can argue motives and legalities all day long on Iraq, Afghanistan, the Doha round of the WTO etc. but on the whole I personally think Bush & Co. have been a good thing.

That's an interesting list Scooby, could you post me a link to the source please? I'd like to read some of it in more detail, I hadn't realized just how many there were.

Forgive my ignorance but what is the Israeli / USA connection?
The Israeli / Palestinian situation is the longest running and most painful dispute in the Middle East and the USA is Israel's main backer, so pretty much any time the US wants to do anything in the region it has to pay at least lip service (and hopefully more) to the situation.

That sounds kinda cynical and in truth I am a bit (not just about Bush but US administrations in general) but in all fairness, the situation is a long-standing and difficult one and no other country is ever expected to "solve" it, the way the US always seems to be.

Bonkers.

Scooby96 06 April 2004 10:15 PM

some would have but the majority wouldnt have, saddam was and always will be an evil b@sta and his sons were very very evil and got what was coming but they died fighting and people forgot their bad past

so cos they fought (although I dont recall Saddam himself having done so) all of their attoricities (sp?) are forgiven???

you said the majority of iraq have welcomed Husseins downfall but then said the usa are occupying - should they make the mistake and abandon the country like they did last time or try and hand it over. i accept its unstable but with SH toppled it was always going to be unstable wasnt it

moses 06 April 2004 10:51 PM

bonkers u are bonkers coz u are spewing out narrow minded crap and insulting me with lies

but i will give u respect

he is def a freedomfighter not a terrorist and kurds are iraqi's and so are the other factions and they all have their own minds and they can follow what they will and sadr follows that he needs the usa out and thats cool by me he has a right as an iraqi and majority do feel the same

nope its not hypocrisy and dont insult me as i have given u a respectful tone :D unless u want to be slapped around its your choice

i was talking about the british goverment not the northern irish goverment, if they oppress ira have the right to do what they want with the government or their soldiers but they have no right to slaughter the innocents of the uk but if they are suffering similiar its understandable

now they arent now thats why u dont see them bombing in the uk coz their talking now

i do care for my irish catholic bros and sisters, what i do get angry off is the way the ira and their teenage kids are acting like mafia;s condemning their fellow irish man to death or telling them to get the feck out of belfast, they are abusing their position given to them by their people and i say sod ira oh people get up and teach the b@sta's who u give power who are doing this to u, give them a bloody nose, coz without their irish catholic people they aint sh1t

and i do believe what i said about the usa and israel coz its the truth

unless u are zionist then i understand u are doomed

now to scooby96 he is a decent person and reasons
-------------------

so cos they fought (although I dont recall Saddam himself having done so) all of their attoricities (sp?) are forgiven???

you said the majority of iraq have welcomed Husseins downfall but then said the usa are occupying - should they make the mistake and abandon the country like they did last time or try and hand it over. i accept its unstable but with SH toppled it was always going to be unstable wasnt it
-----------

not in my books , in my books they should have got worse but not his lil boy he was killed in cold blooded murder coz the us soldiers got a fright and didnt realise he was a lil chubby kid
and nope what they did to their people is unforgivable the rest is up to God they are with him and he knows whats just

and yes its a f%$$ up situation mate . iraq is in such a messed up state u cant just leave it and hell will be let loose unless something is done quick, i suggest handed to the u.n not the warmongers of the united states , they deserve to be bitch slapped right across the border to the sea and thos rumselds and wolfowitz deserve to be beheaded and the neo con zionists

and u are right, iraq is gonna erupt and as long as the usa and others are theirs its gonna get worse and terrorists are already knocking our doors mate, thing i feel sad is, spain done no atrocity but went along with basta bush and tony and they didnt deserve what happened to them, innocents got killed in madrid that was really hurting, coz i luv the land of spain scooby96, my ancestors ruled it for 800 yrs the southern area and i always loved that country

so it was sad and i was pi55ed off they found some more bombs just 2 days ago, its gonna get worse

moses 06 April 2004 11:03 PM

have a read its funny

http://www.jamesnall.com/March2/neo.htm

moses 07 April 2004 12:51 AM

bonkers quote
---------------
Quote:
or u just asking , at cwe we talked alot about it and it went out of hand so i dont like talking about it anymore

Have you considered that perhaps the reason it gets out of hand is that you have one (rather extreme) viewpoint and that tends to rile people with opposing viewpoints? You needle them, they needle you and before you know it, you've come to virtual blows. If you were in the same room you might even throw punches. If you felt strongly enough and you both had knives or guns... Ironic really given the topic at hand.

--------------

sorry u talked so much sh1te i missed this part :D

well if u say so :rolleyes: normally i dont reply to garbage and lies like this but in your case i would have made luv to u made luv to u :D

no really im ok for talking, i luv to talk, i will talk u to death, i talk to anything including the man down stairs :D

moses 07 April 2004 01:27 AM

here a jew speaks out on zionism

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/pages/S...ID=0&listSrc=Y

bonkers 07 April 2004 03:49 AM

bonkers u are bonkers coz u are spewing out narrow minded crap and insulting me with lies

If that weren't so ludicrously hypocritical it would be hilarious... Hell, it is hilarious! Either you're a blatent troll looking for a bridge to hide under or you're the most bigoted moron it has been my misfortune to encounter in a long time.

nope its not hypocrisy and dont insult me as i have given u a respectful tone unless u want to be slapped around its your choice
Mate, you couldn't slap a nine stone weakling with a wet kipper!

unless u are zionist then i understand u are doomed
Actually I was baptised Methodist, not that I've seen the inside of a chapel in years.

Arguing with a narrowminded imbecile is pointless - if I want a headache I'll bang my head against the wall for half an hour, it'd be a damn sight more interesting.

I'm out.

Bonkers.

PS Nice talking to someone with an open mind Scoob... you're wasting your time on this one though mate.

Redkop 07 April 2004 07:38 AM

Closed before the insults start again