ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Ok list your Scooby rattles here (if you've got time !) (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/270416-ok-list-your-scooby-rattles-here-if-youve-got-time.html)

Silver Scooby Sport 11 November 2003 10:02 PM

MY02 Bugeye......... Hit 60 and a rough patch of tarmac and a rattle from in the boot, same patch of road every day on the way home from work drives me nuts !!!!! sounds like part of the spring or hinge...... climbed in and rolled around :D
" strange looks from behind the curtians opposite " and still cannot find it !!!!
AAAARGGHHHHHHHH very annoying !!!!

Lemmy 11 November 2003 10:35 PM

Sti7 - rattle from centre console near ICE head unit + squeak from driver seatbelt socket.

Alan

IN THE STICKS 12 November 2003 10:50 AM

Any more ?

kend 12 November 2003 11:04 AM

Bugeye rattle, to R of steering wheel behind dash. aircon noise at 3000rpm- not sure if this happens to all of them->same nosie with my last one.

messiah 12 November 2003 11:14 AM

My classic has a rattle coming from the roof upholstery, If i touch one of the blanking plates above the drivers head it goes.

Also the front doors rattle when the stereo gets cramked up.

iDLe* 12 November 2003 01:02 PM

Anyone else got a nasty sounding fan? the more I turn mine up the more rubbing noises it makes, Took it to the dealer and they said it was normal (its a MY02) Anyone get this?>

IN THE STICKS 12 November 2003 02:54 PM

My fan makes a bit of a racket , but it drowns out the sound of the piston slap !!

Dave

a2jcy 12 November 2003 04:37 PM

MY02 Passenger seat squeeks sometimes when someone sits on it and I get a sharp pain in my left hand side around my ribs a ringing in my ears at speeds over (the limit) apart from that nothing :)

mattm 12 November 2003 05:10 PM

MY03 WRX

instrument pod rattles - light pressure on the bottom or side stops it, otherwise much better assembled than I ever expected...

Sloaner 12 November 2003 05:22 PM

Door panel on back passenger door rattles. I just make sure the burble drowns it out. I`ve read a thread on how to fix it, but havent got round to it yet.

Wilster 12 November 2003 06:32 PM

I've had the window wind noise thing and it was solved for free by my dealer at its service. They adjust the angle of the window or something.

Paul.

BlackScoobyWRX 12 November 2003 07:56 PM

Storage box on top of dash ok ;)

Glove compartment a nightmare (rag stufed in that !) :p

The passenger seat - anybody else find that? If so, what's the cure :confused:

(99 STi5)

PeteT 12 November 2003 11:18 PM

The aerial rattles on my MY00 classic, but not all the time, in fact most of the rattles on the car just seem to come and go completely at random. I've also got something rolling about inside the channel under the seat, a click from the drivers side B pillar, a squeak coming from god knows where and various dash rattles. Still a great car though :)

scooby-tc 12 November 2003 11:22 PM

Whats a rattle? the stereo is on too loud http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoti...ic/musik06.gif

Ian236 13 November 2003 10:43 AM

O2 STi - right behind my right ear there is a rattle in either the doors or the centre pillar damned if I can find it - it is driving me mad!

Heat shield rattle I presume, that comes in at 3000 rpm and goes after about 200 more revs - crap really on such an expensive car it seems as though you have a piece of aluminium foil that resonates then stops - god its annoying

Suresh 13 November 2003 10:50 AM

MY99 : No rattles to report, so either I'm really lucky or just plain deaf!

Suresh

Jza 13 November 2003 10:53 AM

MY01 WRX - the seat belt catch rattles squeeks!

Jza

clintyboy12 13 November 2003 11:21 AM

BlackScoobyWRX said:

The passenger seat - anybody else find that? If so, what's the cure
get someone to sit in it? :rolleyes:

ramdor 13 November 2003 11:23 AM

When I start the car from cold something rattles from inside the engine, then it goes when its warm :o

Richie.

Geddon 13 November 2003 11:30 AM

MY00 Rear passenger side door- something squeaks? I've heard its quite common?

Franx 13 November 2003 11:37 AM

A rather annoying squeak from the passenger rear door of my wagon, when the window's open.
And a boomy noise from the exhaust, as I've not worked out where to put the soundproofing....:)
And a heatshield rattle. :(

NeilWRX03 13 November 2003 11:07 PM

I had a metallic rattle noise which drove me completely mad in the first few days after picking up the car. Turned out to be the zipper on the removable seat cover on the passenger side buzzing against the rest of the zip! It's hidden within the cover.

Others:
1. Faint intermittent rattle from somewhere in the driver's door.
2. Squeak from instrument binnacle which goes if I squeeze the top part of the dash above it.
3. Terrible CD player.

vulnax999 13 November 2003 11:19 PM

n/s rear seat belt top bracket cover, drivers door, top of dash/ vent, something in dash when moving off in too high gear/low revs in traffic queues...

NotoriousREV 14 November 2003 09:07 AM

The tension rods for the boot lid rattle the loudest, closely followed by "something" on the passenger side b-pillar and occasionally the heater fan does an impression of det, sounds exactly like it if it does it when your booting it :roleyes: