ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Midlands (England) (https://www.scoobynet.com/midlands-england-23/)
-   -   Tour of Derbyshire Revisited (https://www.scoobynet.com/midlands-england-23/264731-tour-of-derbyshire-revisited.html)

K9VYN 31 October 2003 05:52 AM

Dan you'd be more than welcome to a lift - assuming my Scoob is fast enough !? :D

I imagine there is someone more local to you than I, although depending on the meeting point it may not be an issue. Also the front seat may not be available, so you'd have to sit passenger side and spew up over them instead!

Kev

scoobySTI/WRX 31 October 2003 10:50 AM

great, i am sure we can arrange something

scooby66 01 November 2003 03:16 AM

Got a great route sorted for you all!! including tunnels,fords and some top view points . We will be stopping at suitable battle cruser for eats ect. All will be posted Ref. date, start time, meeting location after todays recce with Marv. Think you will enjoy this one!!! :D

Marx Mcrae 01 November 2003 10:16 AM

Yeah count me in again as long as noone else decides to hit my car

BlackScoobyWRX 01 November 2003 05:57 PM

BlackScoobyWRX
scooby66
Steve 777
kickflip668
i8gtmf
specialx
K9VYN
peccy
bru555
Dazza01
cheesy
Marx Mcrae

Recce complete - more details to follow. Will be handing out route on the day (approx 120 miles - some 'interesting' bits assured!!). Start and finish points Derby outskirts, looking at meeting up 1000 hrs, first cars away 1015'ish, lunch stop sorted (crackin' location), finish about 3.30pm'ish. Date TBC but likely late this month.

Onwards !! :D

VOMIT COMET 01 November 2003 06:38 PM

May come along my aunty wants me to take my cousin for a blast hes scoob mad could be a good day to take him on for a first experience hes only twelve always up for a bit of scoobin.

mickjg 01 November 2003 09:52 PM

only news is scoobyclinic said that iam looking at £4000 to £4500. i have damaged the engine and the cambelt. lower leg lots of other things. the insurance will Possible wright it off. if they offer me a Enough i will have it all done.
i had a letter from a claims company ref to the driver i hit he wants to claims compo off me for Injuries how can you claim he Wasn’t even in the car at the time he was in the kerbab shop. what a clown
mickjg

scooby66 01 November 2003 10:02 PM

Had a crackin day with Marv on recce . Some of you will have never seen this part of the Peak ,some serious roads , these will test most drivers on both map reading skills and car handling however this is not a race!!! but if you have a camcorder it will be well worth bringing . As marv said dates TBA PAUL :

greg.g 01 November 2003 10:41 PM

I took a little spin round the peaks today:D

I saw a few scoobies on my travels ( we were in the red wagon ).

You can stick me down for the return leg as well.

Greg

BlackScoobyWRX 02 November 2003 12:11 AM

BlackScoobyWRX
scooby66
Steve 777
kickflip668
i8gtmf
specialx
K9VYN
peccy
bru555
Dazza01
cheesy
Marx Mcrae
VOMIT COMET
greg.g

14 and counting!

VOMIT COMET - this would be ideal for your cousin, there's steep hills, twisty roads, straights, tunnels, fords (the water type!).

greg.g - didn't see you today but did see a nice looking Sport complete with BK racing wheels parked up at the lunch stop - when we finally tracked down who owned it turned out to be a chap of about 70 - and quite a scooby enthusiast !!

Dazza01 02 November 2003 11:28 AM

finish about 3.30pm'ish
better put ur toe down then Marv or u won't be finishing till 5 then :D:D

Steve777 02 November 2003 11:42 AM

LOL at Dazza01

Marv,

Don't forget to fill your tank up this time either ;) as we are not prepared for you to use this as an excuse to go slow ;)

I hope that ther route instructions will be as detailed as CW's :)

VOMIT COMET 02 November 2003 05:11 PM

Is the tour run in a convoy style or does everyone set off at different times.

BlackScoobyWRX 02 November 2003 06:19 PM

Dazza - thanks m8, I suppose that's what you get when you drive a slower scoob eh !! :rolleyes:

Steve - special instructions included for you m8 (entitled: how to let your handbrake off, just in case you forget again!!) :D

VOMIT COMET - due to the types of road you will encounter it will be 3 or 4 cars at a time, 10 minutes apart. There's some very narrow bits and passing won't be easy if there's too many running together ;)

VOMIT COMET 02 November 2003 06:26 PM

Thanks blackscooby dont put me with someone on a vespa because im a tour virgin!

Thanks Gavin.

Steve777 02 November 2003 06:41 PM

Marv,

If you read my thread in Tyres/brakes section of scoobynet you will realise that my handbrake doesn't work anyway and hasn't for ages ?? and not due to me driving with it on :)

Can't wait for this one :D

BlackScoobyWRX 02 November 2003 09:26 PM

VOMIT - no vespa's on this one, guaranteed ;)

Steve - my humble apologies m8 :D

K9VYN 03 November 2003 06:39 AM

scooby66/Marv,

i trust this is likely to be on a Sunday? - so if u could let me know the dates as soon a possible, i have a regular Sunday committment that i would need to exclude myself from.

cheers,

Kev

BlackScoobyWRX 03 November 2003 09:19 AM

Kev - will let you know date ASAP, be good to see you there ;)

Sunday 23 Nov 03 looking most likely - poss 30 Nov 03 (or both !!)
If anyone is worried about the weather, obviously if its dry and sunny it will be great but it could be very interesting if its chucking it down so ............... watch this space !!

I can do lots of things but weather is outside my control :D

K9VYN 03 November 2003 09:23 AM

30th would be good - it's after payday ;)

specialx 03 November 2003 09:49 AM

here here kev!!

Steve777 03 November 2003 07:13 PM

Marv,

Either will do me, and the wetter and slippier the better mate ;)

Hmmm Might regret saying that ;)

Steve

wanted 03 November 2003 09:16 PM

Stick my name down then Marv, I'll bring Mick. This time though on the way back don't forget which pedal is which. The one on the right is to go faster :D

scooby66 03 November 2003 11:18 PM

Oh yes the directions are very detailed so not to bore the pants of you just key points of travel I.E. turn points ect. There will be a transit stage with scenic and open road sections . Also we have a sample menu so you can order from start point, we are trying for a group buy discount on food orders as we know how tight some of you can be lol !!!! WOULD THAT BY ANYBODY FROM YOUR END MARV????

BlackScoobyWRX 04 November 2003 07:05 PM

BlackScoobyWRX
scooby66
Steve 777
kickflip668
i8gtmf
specialx
K9VYN
peccy
bru555
Dazza01
cheesy
Marx Mcrae
VOMIT COMET
greg.g
wanted (+ cameraman!)

Thanks for the advice Scott - you know mine isn't very fast m8 :D

BlackScoobyWRX 04 November 2003 07:17 PM

Ok then folks - going firm on the date ;)

Sunday 30th November 2003 - 1000hrs meet

Start point is the McDonalds on the A38/A52 roundabout Derby
( anybody not sure where that is?? :rolleyes: )

Head off towards Ashbourne on A52 at 10 minute intervals, 3 or 4 cars per group - first 15/16 miles are normal roads to get us to where the fun starts (beware of speed camera's on this stretch).

Route plans will be given out on the day. As Paul alluded to earlier, these plans are based on key points, signs and some mileages - easy to follow but you'll need someone to read them out for you en route - if you're on your own don't lead !!)

It will be a cracking run, wet or dry, either way don't bother cleaning your car too much coz it will need cleaning again at the end!!

See you all there :D

mickjg 04 November 2003 09:22 PM

i say marv i agree. o it is fast when the clock ran out of numbers and it was going around corners like it was on rails. i put the rear seat belts on just in case.
mick

CharlieWhiskey 04 November 2003 09:46 PM

first 15/16 miles are normal roads to get us to where the fun starts
There are easier ways ;) Drop us a line and I'll tell ya (but I'm away till next tuesday)

i8gtmf 04 November 2003 09:57 PM

Good job these routes are easy to follow last time my missus navigated on the way to Pod last month we ended up up a dead end in the middle of a housing estate :D

Dave

In Disguise 05 November 2003 01:50 AM

thats fooked it, cos im lost outta Nott'm :D got bugger all sense of direction, sometimes i don't know whether im coming or going:confused: