ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Sport (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/)
-   -   The Toon's climbing up the table (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/262874-the-toons-climbing-up-the-table.html)

Toonman1 06 November 2003 09:41 PM

I really enjoyed it Mike!

As for Supermac - he's not very well. :(

At least it made a change from the usual thing of ex Arsenal Strikers/Managers/etc. Not a sign of George Graham or Alan Smith! I'd settle for Supermac, Sir Les and The Mighty Quinn anytime! :D

Cheers :)

FASTER MIKE!! 06 November 2003 09:58 PM

true, did'nt know he was ill:( the other 2 are gods too. Quinn's deffo been on the pies.....the larger, chips,pizzas,kababs....:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

mike

richiewong 07 November 2003 12:17 AM

Quality result, Supermac was the best thing for insomnia. Luckily I was drunk and still am ;)
TOON TOON:D:D:D:D:D

Toonman1 07 November 2003 08:04 AM

Quinn's deffo been on the pies
Too right! Sir Les is a big bloke, but looked tiny next to Quinny! :D They spoke sense though.

Robert was outstanding last night; keep it up Lauren!

Cheers

FASTER MIKE!! 09 November 2003 02:04 PM

COME ON THE TOON!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

richiewong 09 November 2003 06:52 PM

Oh dear, just watched the Chelsea game.
Bobby just picked up manager of the month but on that display what for? [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

FASTER MIKE!! 09 November 2003 06:55 PM

very disapointing:( o'brian should'nt have been sent off and it was'nt a penalty[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

mike:(

cfc2 09 November 2003 09:43 PM

Yes he should have been sent off, last man but no penalty, no alan no newcastle, clueless every last one of them on the pitch. I feel for sir bob he has a passion about newcastle that his players don't... dont worry real madrid where losing 4 0 at half time so seville oppsss!!! becks is really frowning

stephen emery 09 November 2003 09:59 PM

Mike

How did the gaame against Chelsea go :D

Steve :D

555 Markus 09 November 2003 10:29 PM

"You're even worse than Lazio".......but then we knew that cos at least they're in the champions league ;);):D.

So, any more bold predictions from u ever optimistic Geordies about what you'll be winning next? Without Shearer I wouldn't hold ya breath.

Penalty looked dubious, and Dirkin did look across to his linesman....but it didn't make much difference did it?! We were pissing all over u already, and were always gonna get a hatful.

Thanks for a great end to a superb week. Been to 3 games, won all 3, scored 10, conceded 0, oh and also squeezed in 4.5 days in Wales and met Petter :D. Cheers :).

Mark

Toonman1 09 November 2003 10:55 PM

Robson may have a passion; shame he hasn't got a clue. Dreadful performance - no tactics and shocking team selection.

Good performance by Chelsea, although they didn't have to try very hard today. What a difference £111,000,000 makes...

Cheers

555 Markus 09 November 2003 11:18 PM

What a difference £111,000,000 makes...
True, very true. We can still only play 11 players though :).

Out of interest Mike, (and I know you're the right man to ask as you have a multitude of statistics to hand)...how much did the NUFC squad cost to assemble?

M.

555 Markus 10 November 2003 12:30 AM

Mike, spot on. Its not how much money you have, but how wisely its spent. Some of our buys look better value than others. Johnson springs to mind. However, I'm shocked that you haven't memorised NUFC's spending stats in case of such a query ;);).

What seems to be happening at Chelsea in recent games is that a strongest 11 is forming. The same team started today that started the Lazio game. Maybe CR is finally seeing the light. Its taken 3 years but he now has everyones respect, both at Chelsea, and in the media where he is generally admired for his upbeat personality in the light of all the Sven rubbish.

Re final whistle....I occasionally browse it, but haven't bothered joining yet. I'm sure I'll make an appearance there some day :).

Mark

Toonman1 10 November 2003 12:32 AM

I'm shocked
lol :D

Cheers!

Funkii Munkii 11 November 2003 07:27 AM

You must also take into consideration that Claudio has an easier job of getting these players into Chelsea for two reasons, 1: Its location, London. 2: the obscene amount of money they are offered in wages.

Why else would Makalele a guaranteed starter at a club which is looked upon as the worlds best give up the possibility of more glory with Real for the relatively unknown world of Chelsea FC.

Even on Paper REAL MADRID looks better than CHELSEA FC Lol

End of the day Bobby doesnt have that sort of wage packet he can wave under their noses and in the eyes of the mercinary Johnny foreigner Newcastle isnt London.

Be happy youre not Leeds Mike ;)

FASTER MIKE!! 11 November 2003 06:14 PM

Funkii Munkii have you been to newcastle recently? its quite a cosmopolitan city;). it's not the city they go for, look at boro;) mendietta,(sp) boro's hardly a cosmopolitan town;)

mike

pslewis 11 November 2003 11:21 PM

HEY!!! Boro is where its at!!

Newcastle is a 'has-been town' AND plays host to a 'has-been' Football team - soon to be a Nationwide division side!! :D

C'mon the BORO!!

Pete

FASTER MIKE!! 11 November 2003 11:34 PM

but does boro have a cathederal pete;):p like most citys:p:p:p even carlisle has one:p
mike:p

grovesy 12 November 2003 11:40 AM

They have a large sex offenders registar;)

richiewong 12 November 2003 04:27 PM

.....and plenty of *cough* smog *cough* :D

FASTER MIKE!! 12 November 2003 10:55 PM

what a nice place:D:D

Funkii Munkii 14 November 2003 01:59 PM

The one and only time I was in Newcastle we spied Rula Lenska snogging Dennis Waterman before they were "an item" in the waiting room at the station, so yeah its been a few years ;)

FASTER MIKE!! 14 November 2003 11:14 PM

lol:D

stephen emery 15 November 2003 08:52 PM

Mike HYM :D
stev

FASTER MIKE!! 16 November 2003 03:59 PM

cheers steve:) looking like its gonna cost about £70 return for the times i want:rolleyes:

FASTER MIKE!! 22 November 2003 05:45 PM

well they did it again:D up into 6th and a brace of goals for big al:D